Have your wisdom teeth grown yet? (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Or are they still growing? If they have, have you had them removed yet?

I'm old but my wisdom teeth only started growing now even though the age they latest average ages for them to grow is apparently 18-19. They're not really giving me any discomfort so I'm not sure if I want to get them taken out. My sister said I don't have to if they're not making me feel uncomfortable or if there's enough space in my mouth for them but it's better to because they're hard to clean. I have heard so many horror stories of the pain though so I'm terrified. I think I'll just let them completely grow out before I make a decision but I hope they don't give me pain.
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I already got them out
don’t worry. it doesn’t hurt that much.
I am usually quite the scaredy-cat and am afraid of needles so I really was nervous when my wisdom teeth were removed. Honestly it was worth it in the long-run
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
All of mine came out perfectly but I had one pulled out already (didn't take long, maybe 10 seconds). There's no use for them and it's hard to clean them even when they're fully out. I can't even tell that I have one missing. I plan to them get all out once I can afford it. I am 25 so I am way past the age they're supposed to come in.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I already got them out
don’t worry. it doesn’t hurt that much.
I am usually quite the scaredy-cat and am afraid of needles so I really was nervous when my wisdom teeth were removed. Honestly it was worth it in the long-run
I'm glad to hear that. I haven't really been helping myself with the fear. I keep watching wisdom tooth removal videos on YouTube and they're so messy. So I'm just giving myself unnecessary anxiety now.
I'm hoping I don't need to get them removed but apparently you'll have to get them done sooner or later and it's less painful to get it done when you're young and they're still growing. So I should probably get them removed before I regret it.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
All of mine came out perfectly but I had one pulled out already (didn't take long, maybe 10 seconds). There's no use for them and it's hard to clean them even when they're fully out. I can't even tell that I have one missing. I plan to them get all out once I can afford it. I am 25 so I am way past the age they're supposed to come in.
Wow lucky they grew out well. I know they're unnecessary but I'd rather just let them live in my mouth than go through the pain of having them removed.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wow lucky they grew out well. I know they're unnecessary but I'd rather just let them live in my mouth than go through the pain of having them removed.
Honestly, I thought they weren't fully out, because when I'd touch them, it felt as if there was still gum over the teeth but apparently that's not the case according to my dentist, so maybe it's the case for you as well? I had upper left one removed. All she gave me was anaesthetic (to me that was the most painful part but nothing that would make you cry so not that bad) and then she'd use this really sharp tool and basically forced it in my tooth and pulled it out. I know I am making it sound scarier than it is but I felt nothing at all. So as long as you don't feel pain, I think it'll be fine, even if they do surgery. I was far more worried about the cost of getting them out. :')
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Honestly, I thought they weren't fully out, because when I'd touch them, it felt as if there was still gum over the teeth but apparently that's not the case according to my dentist, so maybe it's the case for you as well? I had upper left one removed. All she gave me was anaesthetic (to me that was the most painful part but nothing that would make you cry so not that bad) and then she'd use this really sharp tool and basically forced it in my tooth and pulled it out. I know I am making it sound scarier than it is but I felt nothing at all. So as long as you don't feel pain, I think it'll be fine, even if they do surgery. I was far more worried about the cost of getting them out. :')
Possibly. I went to the dentist about 2 months ago and she just asked me if I had my wisdom teeth removed yet and when I told her "no" she didn't say anything else.

Lol that honestly sounds scary. 🤣 But thanks. Apparently if it's a medical emergency here, they do it for free but I have no idea how much truth there is to that. And I don't think mine are a medical emergency since I'm feeling no pain at all. Good thing is, my sister works at the denist so I get a family discount. I'm just too scared to go. I think I'll go and get one removed to see how it goes and then if I'm alright with it I'll go for the rest. If it's serious, I'll ask her to put me to sleep or something since apparently that's a thing. I'm such a chicken. I'm so scared of pain though.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Possibly. I went to the dentist about 2 months ago and she just asked me if I had my wisdom teeth removed yet and when I told her "no" she didn't say anything else.

Lol that honestly sounds scary. 🤣 But thanks. Apparently if it's a medical emergency here, they do it for free but I have no idea how much truth there is to that. And I don't think mine are a medical emergency since I'm feeling no pain at all. Good thing is, my sister works at the denist so I get a family discount. I'm just too scared to go. I think I'll go and get one removed to see how it goes and then if I'm alright with it I'll go for the rest. If it's serious, I'll ask her to put me to sleep or something since apparently that's a thing. I'm such a chicken. I'm so scared of pain though.
Mine was giving me pain but in reality, I had a cavity in a tooth next to the wisdom tooth I pulled out. But there were times they'd hurt and then the pain would go away for months then come back and repeat the same thing once again. So far it hasn't returned to the other teeth.. and as far as I know they're quite strict about it, you might even need more than just pain, like if it grows really badly sideways.

The good thing is they never take them out at once but the bad thing is that if you're scared you have to go multiple times. I was so worried that I'd have to pay 100€ for just one tooth but it was half of that, luckily! She kept scaring me with 100€ for the each upper wisdom teeth and 150€ for the each lower wisdom teeth and I was like oh no. Because in my country, when you have health insurance, there's 40€ they cover for you once a year. It's not much but it's something, I guess.

Definitely ask her how your teeth is and then you can see how bad it'll be!
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Tbh I don't even know if mine are grown or growing. Are we suppose to check these things? >.<
You're supposed to go to a dentist every 6 months and they usually update you on it. And how old are you? If you're younger than 18 then there's a chance that they haven't grown yet. Most peoples's wisdom teeth grow by the age of 18-19. If you feel pain in your gums or ears and have a temperature, it's probably growing. But I think the symptoms are different for everyone. Some people don't ever have to get them pulled out until they're much older because it doesn't really cause any disturbance to them but because they're hard to clean, they're usually full of plaque and infections. So dentists recommend having them pulled out. Most people get them pulled out when they're younger and they first start growing because they're causing a lot of pain or because there's not enough space in their mouths to support the extra teeth. So you should probably go to a dentist and make sure everything is fine. Or just looked in the mirror and see if you have some random teeth in the sides of your mouth that you didn't see before.

Mine just started growing but I don't feel any pain and I have space in my mouth to support them so I don't want to get them removed. But I know I'm going to need to if I want to avoid a gum infection or whatever else. But I'm scared :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
You're supposed to go to a dentist every 6 months and they usually update you on it. And how old are you? If you're younger than 18 then there's a chance that they haven't grown yet. Most peoples's wisdom teeth grow by the age of 18-19. If you feel pain in your gums or ears and have a temperature, it's probably growing. But I think the symptoms are different for everyone. Some people don't ever have to get them pulled out until they're much older because it doesn't really cause any disturbance to them but because they're hard to clean, they're usually full of plaque and infections. So dentists recommend having them pulled out. Most people get them pulled out when they're younger and they first start growing because they're causing a lot of pain or because there's not enough space in their mouths to support the extra teeth. So you should probably go to a dentist and make sure everything is fine. Or just looked in the mirror and see if you have some random teeth in the sides of your mouth that you didn't see before.

Mine just started growing but I don't feel any pain and I have space in my mouth to support them so I don't want to get them removed. But I know I'm going to need to if I want to avoid a gum infection or whatever else. But I'm scared :(
I go to the dentist quite often. Once every 3 months actually. Never have they updated me on my wisdom teeth >.<
I'm 20 (turning 21 this year) and I haven't really experienced any kind of discomfort like that. Maybe I should ask my dentist when I go to see him in June. Thank you for the information ^^

Also, don't be scared. My Mom has had a tooth pulled out before (oh maybe it was her wisdom tooth. who knows lol.) and she said it didn't hurt at all. I'm sure you'll do great, when the time comes to take it out ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I go to the dentist quite often. Once every 3 months actually. Never have they updated me on my wisdom teeth >.<
I'm 20 (turning 21 this year) and I haven't really experienced any kind of discomfort like that. Maybe I should ask my dentist when I go to see him in June. Thank you for the information ^^

Also, don't be scared. My Mom has had a tooth pulled out before (oh maybe it was her wisdom tooth. who knows lol.) and she said it didn't hurt at all. I'm sure you'll do great, when the time comes to take it out ^^
Woah that's so often! Do you have braces? I used to go once every 6 weeks when I had braces but I was pretty traumatised by it that now I don't go unless I absolutely have to. And my sister usually forces me to lol. If it's because you have braces, then they usually don't tell you unless you ask. Actually, they don't tell you a lot of things when you have braces -.- Lol if you can't tell, my experience with my dentist wasn't the best. She was scary and rough.

I have had a tooth pulled out before. It was uncomfortable but not painful. But everyone keeps telling me wisdom teeth are a lot more painful. I think I should just stop asking people about it at this point. I'm giving myself anxiety for no reason. I need to just go. I guess I'll listen to my sister and force myself to go. If it gets really bad, I'll just ask them to put me to sleep.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Mine grew out without problems about 2 years ago. Does getting it extracted hurt? I've heard quite a lot of horror stories.
No idea. That's what I'm wondering. I keep hearing horror stories too so I'm petrified.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Nightshade

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Woah that's so often! Do you have braces? I used to go once every 6 weeks when I had braces but I was pretty traumatised by it that now I don't go unless I absolutely have to. And my sister usually forces me to lol. If it's because you have braces, then they usually don't tell you unless you ask. Actually, they don't tell you a lot of things when you have braces -.- Lol if you can't tell, my experience with my dentist wasn't the best. She was scary and rough.

I have had a tooth pulled out before. It was uncomfortable but not painful. But everyone keeps telling me wisdom teeth are a lot more painful. I think I should just stop asking people about it at this point. I'm giving myself anxiety for no reason. I need to just go. I guess I'll listen to my sister and force myself to go. If it gets really bad, I'll just ask them to put me to sleep.
Nah I don't have braces. I just go that often because my Dad has a weird thing for clean teeth and he makes us all go to the dentist at least once every 3 months to make sure they're clean and there no cavities forming. He's quite obsessed 🙃.

Yeah people talk a lot of shit when it comes to any kind of treatment so it's best to tune them out and just get it over with. Trust me, it's be over before you know it. Oh and I don't think they put you to sleep at dentists. The best they could do is provide anesthetic to numb your mouth so you feel nothing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread