Help me decide: Photoshop or Illustrator? (1 Viewer)

Which one?


  • Total voters
    4

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
So, I miss CC and want to start using it again. Since I'm an *sniffles* adult adult now, I can't use that student plan. So instead of paying a hefty amount for all of the apps when I'll only use, like... a few apps, I figure I just pay for one for now.

Which do you like better? Which do you prefer? What do you personally use each for?
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Well, that's my field so I will try to explain as much as I can :maheart: It really depends on what you'd like to use them for. I used Photoshop since I was 14 I think? It is nice for editing, photo retouch, gifs, banners, headers etc. Basically anything photography related. Illustrator, on the other hand, is better for illustrations (duh) and honestly, I find it a bit easier for graphics too, like posters, flyers etc. The new updates added more features to both of them so you can illustrate and paint in both of them and also add filters and effects. Personally I like to use Photoshop for more online stuff and Illustrator for print, vectors and illustrations. If you want to use it for yourself, I think Photoshop can be a priority, if you want it more profy Illustrator since it is easier to work with the groups and layers there. In Illustrator you can add more elements to the same layer and then group the layers, but in Photoshop you can only have one element per layer.

I'll think about more differences
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I use gimp instead of photoshop as I´m an adult adult, but a broke adult adult :D
Man, I tried gimp as a kid and couldn't figure it out
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and brekker

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Well, that's my field so I will try to explain as much as I can :maheart: It really depends on what you'd like to use them for. I used Photoshop since I was 14 I think? It is nice for editing, photo retouch, gifs, banners, headers etc. Basically anything photography related. Illustrator, on the other hand, is better for illustrations (duh) and honestly, I find it a bit easier for graphics too, like posters, flyers etc. The new updates added more features to both of them so you can illustrate and paint in both of them and also add filters and effects. Personally I like to use Photoshop for more online stuff and Illustrator for print, vectors and illustrations. If you want to use it for yourself, I think Photoshop can be a priority, if you want it more profy Illustrator since it is easier to work with the groups and layers there. In Illustrator you can add more elements to the same layer and then group the layers, but in Photoshop you can only have one element per layer.

I'll think about more differences
I was gonna say all this and you beat me to it.

but yes this.

:jenniesmug:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and yeji

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
What do you want to be making
Forum Graphics type of stuff
Or the cool stuff like bullet makes
Like if you want to work with vectors and love to draw go with illu
If you like the stuff I do, go with photoshop
This is not a difficult question :mgblush: :ilovebread::lisalaugh:
Well said :sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and SHlNEE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread