Here's just a few reasons why I don't like cooking... (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I enjoy cooking alot personally. I may not be the best but it‘s eatable every time. I do get why people may not enjoy it.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I know you probably already know this but if you're trying to phase out meat make sure youre getting the proper nutrients you need, I just know way too many people that have decided to go this route and then have had nutritional deficiencies because of it.
That's why I have stunted growth. Mom decided because the cult she was in we should all go vegan. No leg work no looking into it. Just one day no more eggs, no more milk, no more meat.

@melancholia for vegan eating avoid trend stores. Look for Asian stores, mexican stores, or Indian/middle eastern stores. They sell vegan things for a lot cheaper. Also invest in a slow cooker for dried items like chic peas or beans. Also another tip indian and some asian cultures have a firm grasp on vegitarian eating at ti's best. Look up those recipes for good balanced nutrician.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
be careful though because some of those cultures truly do.... but some of them only think they do and pride themselves on being healthy but they are actually eating only somewhat healthy.. (for example Itsnot easy to get vegetables that aren't either raw, fermented...or covered in oil/ ied... and two of those things are tasty and good for you... but you don't always want to eat raw and ferment and veggies so instead you end up eating a pile of oil/fat with one leaf in it. even today at lunch I could only find fried lotus root and fried mushroom or oily..i actually don't know what it's called in English but it's a stalk green thin vegetable)

so if you are following recipes from that culture, make sure they are healthy in other ways too
Same goes for American trend vegan meals and treats. TIP: WATCH OUT FOR SODIUM, CALORIES AND SUGAR LEVELS! In my forced time as vegan I noticed some of the vegan replacing meat items where horrible sodium bombs. And as you mentioned full of oil and fat.

Still better then the way some American vegans eat. Think shoveling a salad and eating some beans is enough sustain life.

Learn what plants contain what and how to best max out your meals. This can be said for both vegans and non-vegans alike.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
^^

also, a only slightly related note for everyone:

meat isn't all that good for you. I'm not vegetarian, vegan or anything and I'm not saying anyone necessarily should or shouldn't be either, but for those of us who eat meat, really do research on how much we should be consuming verses how much we do.. americans and British folks might be the only ones really going crazy on other junk food or other portion issues... but quite a few more countries go too hard on the meat portions as well, and it can have some serious health consequences
^^^^

General consensus of how much meat you should be consuming in a meal should fit into the palm of your hand. Cause yeah meat isn't that great for you but it gives humans some things that that plants cannot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
for sure, that's why I still eat meat (plus I don't dislike it) but I cut just cut down so I could get the end it without the down sides

plus I feel better eating less meat, Im not sure if these are real benefits or just my head but regardless I feel less full less soon so I can eat more veggies which I really enjoy
Actually eating more on the vegan end of things IS better for you. Still getting the benefits of meat in your diet. Plus veggies give you good things to keep your body going. Eat a non strict vegan and eat meat every now and again and your arteries will probably appreciate it when your older.

Advice to you younger kids. Learn to eat with little salt/soy sauce and do not drink packaged ramen broth. Sodium can do a lot of damage to your body.
 

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
That's why I have stunted growth. Mom decided because the cult she was in we should all go vegan. No leg work no looking into it. Just one day no more eggs, no more milk, no more meat.

@melancholia for vegan eating avoid trend stores. Look for Asian stores, mexican stores, or Indian/middle eastern stores. They sell vegan things for a lot cheaper. Also invest in a slow cooker for dried items like chic peas or beans. Also another tip indian and some asian cultures have a firm grasp on vegitarian eating at ti's best. Look up those recipes for good balanced nutrician.
thank you so much!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread