News HINAPIA's Yebin "Apologizes" For Saying the N-Word (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Seems like a sincere apology and mistake to me. I don't think she should be cancelled, I'm against cancel culture in general. If she learns from her mistake, then let's not hold it against her.
She was singing along to a song and said what was in the lyrics, definitely something she shouldn't have done but I don't think it was with bad intentions. What good does canceling someone do anyway?
 
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
Seems like a sincere apology and mistake to me. I don't think she should be cancelled, I'm against cancel culture in general. If she learns from her mistake, then let's not hold it against her.
She was singing along to a song and said what was in the lyrics, definitely something she shouldn't have done but I don't think it was with bad intentions. What good does canceling someone do anyway?
i'm not saying cancel her. but she said she knew it was a bad word, why would she say it?
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
i'm not saying cancel her. but she said she knew it was a bad word, why would she say it?
She's saying she thought it was like a cuss word, so profanity. Probably wasn't aware of it's racial connotations, atleast in her words.

Now she should've known better I agree. But this happened while she was singing along to some lyrics, so that coupled with her sincere sounding apology makes me consider giving her a chance to learn and grow as a person. It shouldn't have happened in the first place I know.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It does sound like she thought it was bad because it was a swear word and didn't know the historical context behind it. Honestly, she sounds pretty sincere comparatively to apologies I've seen in the past (even of western celebrities).

That doesn't make it alright of course but I feel like she's more likely to actually learn from this than others. But of course we'll have to see because some people don't ever learn....
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Hey, I think majority of people on KS and twitter are westerners, and that's why it's hard to imagine, but tbh, there are a lot of Asians who barely have an idea about this word. I am almost 21 years old and I found out about this just around 2 or 3 years ago. There are lots of people who still don't know anything about it.
Anyway since this keeps happening to Kpop idols, I think agencies should teach them a little bit before debut. Specially if they are aiming for a group mostly targeted at international fans.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Hey, I think majority of people on KS and twitter are westerners, and that's why it's hard to imagine, but tbh, there are a lot of Asians who barely have an idea about this word. I am almost 21 years old and I found out about this just around 2 or 3 years ago. There are lots of people who still don't know anything about it.
Anyway since this keeps happening to Kpop idols, I think agencies should teach them a little bit before debut. Specially if they are aiming for a group mostly targeted at international fans.
Very much so, why would an asian girl be aware of an english racial slur.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Companies should be more careful with stuff like that.

If they are going to apologize anyway, preventing it from happening wouldn't hurt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Wonpil

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
she really seem sincere
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread