- Joined
- 31 December 2022
- Messages
- 67,032
- Reactions Received
- 98,806
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 348,717
- Ship
- Wreck
Its something I always wondered about. Even during IZ*One days when I did not follow the group (I always stay away from temporary groups), Wonyoung really stood out to me.
Disclaimer for the following text: I did not know much about Starship at that time, as I'm not very well informed on many topics, please keep that in mind when reading
So when I learned she is from Starship and has to go back to that company after IZ*One, I always thought: wow what a big waste for such a charismatic and beautiful young idol to go to some random company, where she will be wasted away and end up like many of the other produce successor groups. I remember being really dissapointed, that I will never have the opportunity to stan a group she is in.
Well obviously this turned out very differently and I'm sure IVE will eclipse the already incredible success IZ*One was and even if my assessment of Starship was ill informed, I think no one could have seen this coming. To me this verifies that Wonyoungs starpower (as JYP likes to call it), is truely on another level. Her entire career so far feels like the story arc of a movie, a story about a chosen one, the one true princess.
But to get back to the original point of the thread.. how did Starship manage to sign her in the first place, or to put it differently: how did the scouts of the big 3 labels fail to notice her? It has to be single greatest scouting failure for any company that is not starship. I feel like based on how everything usually goes, she should have ended up in SM, or at least one of the other big 3. (I'm excluding HYBE, as they were not so big yet back in 2015/16 or whenever this happend)
In hindsight I'm very glad she did not end up in another label, but I still always wonder about how things went down.
Disclaimer for the following text: I did not know much about Starship at that time, as I'm not very well informed on many topics, please keep that in mind when reading
So when I learned she is from Starship and has to go back to that company after IZ*One, I always thought: wow what a big waste for such a charismatic and beautiful young idol to go to some random company, where she will be wasted away and end up like many of the other produce successor groups. I remember being really dissapointed, that I will never have the opportunity to stan a group she is in.
Well obviously this turned out very differently and I'm sure IVE will eclipse the already incredible success IZ*One was and even if my assessment of Starship was ill informed, I think no one could have seen this coming. To me this verifies that Wonyoungs starpower (as JYP likes to call it), is truely on another level. Her entire career so far feels like the story arc of a movie, a story about a chosen one, the one true princess.
But to get back to the original point of the thread.. how did Starship manage to sign her in the first place, or to put it differently: how did the scouts of the big 3 labels fail to notice her? It has to be single greatest scouting failure for any company that is not starship. I feel like based on how everything usually goes, she should have ended up in SM, or at least one of the other big 3. (I'm excluding HYBE, as they were not so big yet back in 2015/16 or whenever this happend)
In hindsight I'm very glad she did not end up in another label, but I still always wonder about how things went down.