How do you cheer up a friend? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I am at loss at how to cheer up my friend, my colleague who has to deal with a lot of stuff at work. I don´t want to get into a lot of details because that would be more for PMs (hit me up to listen to my cryings, I just don´t know whether I have the right to annoy anyone since we are all dealing with our problems). The thing is she is dealing with a lot of stuff for us, for others.

I don´t know what to do. I think my feelings have been numbed in those recent times and I don´t have any ideas. I feel hopeless and anxious and I don´t feel like I have the right to feel so because she is the one who is carrying everything on her shoulders, she and the boss who I actually feel equally sorry for but we are not that close to actually discuss things. (You see I grew up with the mentality that we are NOT equal and your boss is not your friend, boom).

So, any ideas? I don´t think she likes kpop though :D.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Offer a distraction, like take them out for a dinner or see a movie or something like that. Get them a gift to say you appreciate them and everything is gonna be okay.
I really hope it is gonna be. no sleep tonight.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
not the best at cheering ppl up but i usually cheer them up by giving them words of encouragement or treating them to food :sanapray:
words of encouragement, that is what I suck at. the whole "it is gonna be okay!" always sounds like a lie coming from my mouth :D. but the food idea is good! thank you. I am buying breakfast tomorrow so I might try to make it special
 
  • Like
Reactions: izcream
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Even if your friend needs someone to stay with them, and you're okay with it, maybe spend a few hours with them or the night?
she is with other friends atm. it is more like, I don´t know how to help her in her situation and I feel like should I just run into the meeting and cause some more chaos so that she could escape or something ? :D
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,081
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
she is with other friends atm. it is more like, I don´t know how to help her in her situation and I feel like should I just run into the meeting and cause some more chaos so that she could escape or something ? :D
Maybe try to support her after the meeting if you can't go there yourself?
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker

izcream

hot soup on a cold day
.
Joined
12 May 2020
Messages
11,569
Reactions Received
24,746
Location
iz*land
Website
linktr.ee
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
34,365
Ship
Wreck
words of encouragement, that is what I suck at. the whole "it is gonna be okay!" always sounds like a lie coming from my mouth :D. but the food idea is good! thank you. I am buying breakfast tomorrow so I might try to make it special
LOL i suck at giving words of encouragement too ngl, especially if it's with people i barely know because the list of encouragement words i can say just gets shorter

good luck with the breakfast treat! i hope all goes well for you :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread