How do you choose names for your pets? (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Do you just name them randomly, name them based off their personality/looks or do you maybe name them after a favorite character from a movie or book?

My family have named the majority of our animals after Disney characters, every once in a while it will be random but we tend to just stick to the Disney character names.

1586130647700.gif
​
 
  • Love
Reactions: Panda

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I always liked the name Leonardo but obviously that's not suited for a cat. So I ended up naming her Leon.
Yes, it's a she, but we thought it was a he when we first got her so she just has a manly name now lmao
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Wingfrost
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I’ve had exactly one pet in my life, a beta fish when I was like seven. I had her (him?) for a year and never got around to naming it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I always liked the name Leonardo but obviously that's not suited for a cat. So I ended up naming her Leon.
Yes, it's a she, but we thought it was a he when we first got her so she just has a manly name now lmao
We did something like that with one of our cats when I was younger. We didn’t realize it was a she and had already given her the name Tigger. :facepalm:

But Leon is a cute name!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Panda

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
We did something like that with one of our cats when I was younger. We didn’t realize it was a she and had already given her the name Tigger. :facepalm:

But Leon is a cute name!
cute name for a cute cat :3
8969850D-77A2-49FB-9451-BBB92DE693E0.jpeg
 
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I name base on look and also from movies. Like one of dog, I name her Snow White because her fur is white like snow and also I am big Disney fans and I have two other dogs name Simba and Nala also.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Err randomly or by appearance & personality...
My first hamster was called pestilence...
My mother always likened her to a rat in which I thought of plaque.. Then thats what came out....
Yes very different I suppose.
My siblings hamsters, were Mary anne(I think) , and henryetta....(which was thought to be a boy but turned out to be a girl)

My family has had two dogs also one name grouchy.. (she kinda had a rbf face going on and lazied around) the other was midnight.. She had a dark black coat and wonky eyes.
We had fish also... Goldie and poo poo (yes poo poo, it was a black bulgy eyed fish named by my 5 year old brother at the time) amongst others

I Like how my ex's mother named her cats she rescued from the shelter, honey (mixed orange brown and black fur ex hunting cat) wobble (has nerve damage so even staying still his head would shake) and cosmo.. (ginger cat born with a defective cloudy eye, looks like a galaxy)

My other ex had cute cat names also.. Nutmeg, ginger & pickle.. There's was another called canned tomotoes but I never got to meet that one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
It’s really random for me. None of them match tbh. My betta is named after Venom, my cat is called Duman which means smoke in Turkish (he’s a smoky colour), my other cat is Dante (although I didn’t name him). All my other fish are named after numbers :rosesmug:

I usually just say names out loud and whichever I think suits most, that’s what they end up being called. My only exception is my birds. They’re all called Birdicles which they take after my first ever bird. I have had up to Birdicles V lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I name base on look and also from movies. Like one of dog, I name her Snow White because her fur is white like snow and also I am big Disney fans and I have two other dogs name Simba and Nala also.
One of our cats is named Simba :pandaamazed:
 
  • Like
Reactions: lostinwvnderland

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread