I have some wet cloths that I bought from a store but they are so wet i have to use a normal piece of cloth (for like cleaning your nose etc.) to rub it dry, sometimes i wash it with tap water and clean it with a towel when I'm lazy
Here's the procedure I've been using for many years. It cleans off both dirt and oil, leaving you with really clean lenses.
Hold each side of each lens under hot running tap water for several seconds. This will wash off the dirt and dust particles.
Put a small amount of liquid dish detergent between the thumb and index finger of one hand. Rub the detergent over one lens. Hold your glasses under the faucet such that the lens with detergent is under the running water. Rub both sides of that lens with your fingers. At first, the glass will feel slippery due to the detergent and oils. But as those wash off the glass will start to feel squeaky and clean.
Repeat the above step for the other lens.
Use a paper towel to dry off your lenses and glasses. Don't worry about scratching them since you've already removed the dirt and dust from them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Read more about our cookie policy.