How do you forget certain parts of your past? (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
Just gotta find something that works for you really whether that's talking about it with someone or distracting yourself with your own interests but these aren't ways for you to forget they are ways for you to just let your emotions on the subject rest so you can move on from it. This only works though if there is something specific playing on your mind about a situation like the most prominent one with these things is usually the "why?" but in those scenarios then you should think to yourself why is it important? Will it really change anything if you know or will you just feel the same with more knowledge? If your answer is yes then you can try and get the answer but if you can't then don't let your mind dwell on something you can't control and instead focus on what you can control.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
By acknowledging that it happened or occurred, then never thinking on it again.
Also it helps to remove those objects that lead up to that point in time.
Be it people, or activities or whatever else.

Trauma usually tends to stick with a person, so easier said than done I know!
I still cannot do certain things or have certain impacts on my mindset and physically, which I can never erase.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly wish I knew that myslef. I guess focusing on something else cam work. I myself am quite the overthinker so I get just wanting to stop thinking about certain situations
 
D

Deleted member 74

Everyone has different ways of forgetting, coping with and dealing with certain parts of our pasts. Honestly, you can't erase past memories completely. Everything that happens to you makes up who you are, you wouldn't be yourself if you were missing even one memory. Especially if they're bad memories and parts of a past, life is just built like that. Everyone struggles, everyone hurts, just differently. Pain shapes you. For me, I've never really thought about how to forget because that's impossible. I just dwell on those parts when the time comes for it, I feel sad or angry or whatever I feel during that time, allow myself to feel that way, and keep moving on. I think the parts of my life I want to forget the most are the important events that make me who I am today. Even if I could forget, I wouldn't because in life, you're meant to learn. You can't run from yourself or your experiences. I think if it was made impossible to forget such events, it's for a reason and all you can do is learn and take it with you in the next chapters of your life.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread