How do you take care of yourself when your anxious or stressed? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Usually I just try to play a game or watch videos on my phone so I can distract myself. Or I end up napping my problems away :wimwim:

What do you like to do? Do you have any tips for taking good care of yourself?
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I usually use one of the emotional release techniques I have learned over the years with varying degrees of success. I'm also aware now that epidemiological studies have found an increased incidence of anxiety and depression among vegetarians, so I'm working also on that area.
 
  • Love
Reactions: lunaria
Joined
1 August 2019
Messages
2,819
Reactions Received
4,468
Location
☾ the other side of the moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,802
Fandom
☾ gg stan ☽
Gender
Bi-Gender
Pronouns
☾ he/she ☽
i cuddle a stuffed animal, listen to music, watch anime or a kids' show, and write poetry. if i have the emotional energy, i'll call a friend or my significant other or play a video game with them so that i don't completely isolate myself. it's a way to push through my anxiety and a good middle ground between hanging out in person when i'm too anxious to do so. there's also the many coping skills i've learned in therapy. it all depends, however, as i tend to go into a dissociative state when anxious and different things work for me on different days because it can impact my functioning. :sanapray: overall, making sure to do basic self care is extremely important in regulating your emotions and managing stress. making sure you're hydrated and doing things like taking a relaxing bath doesn't sound like much on the surface, but from experience, it's quite helpful !! it's the one universal tip i can give, as everyone's way of responding to anxiety and stress is different :pikahappy:

great question, i'm curious to see what others have to say:pandalove:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread