How long do you think kpop will be popular for? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Kpop started off as a very niche genres of music, but it has grown a lot since then and these days I feel like kpop has become really popular worldwide.
Do you think it will stay that way for long?

Personally I feel like its popularity may die down a bit, but it doesn't seem like it will fade away from the global perspective anytime soon.​
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I know this is going to sound mean, but KPop isn't as popular as the fans make it out to be. It is popular among us fans, and the few celebrities who know they can feed off of it. Sure a lot of people listen to it, but it doesn't seem as mainstream as people make it out to be.

Being gone away from the KPop scene for a year or two, it's really opened my eyes how much KPop has to go according to exposure worldwide.
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I know this is going to sound mean, but KPop isn't as popular as the fans make it out to be. It is popular among us fans, and the few celebrities who know they can feed off of it. Sure a lot of people listen to it, but it doesn't seem as mainstream as people make it out to be.

Being gone away from the KPop scene for a year or two, it's really opened my eyes how much KPop has to go according to exposure worldwide.
That's definitely good to know. A lot of people I know irl are also really into kpop, so even though I left it for a little, it still always seemed super popular and mainstream to me.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
That's definitely good to know. A lot of people I know irl are also really into kpop, so even though I left it for a little, it still always seemed super popular and mainstream to me.
I felt like I got a little humbled as a KPop fan being away from it for a little while and realizing these things haha. I just feel bad .. because I love KPop and I wish it was respected and more known, there's so many amazing aspects of it to me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread