How much have you watched anime? (1 Viewer)

So how much?

  • 1-10

  • 10-50

  • 50-100

  • 100-250

  • 300-500

  • 500-1000

  • 1000+


Results are only viewable after voting.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I recently achieved my 500 mark on shows completed on MAL, so I wonder how many others have been watching anime. Have you watched tons you weeb or have you just dabbled into anime stuff. Also do you read more manga than anime? Cause personally I have watched anime lot more than read mangas, but I have heard that for some people they prefer mangas.

... did I just make this thread to celebrate my 500 mark or not nobody will know :llama_eyes:


Animu tags :pandalove: @Constellation @ilovebread @KoaCube @Lowkey @emanresu @Lovely_Cornchips @SuddenlyKfan @Mangoey @la_mort_pour_vous @Tpse @Soulless_Senpai @Blacklily96 @4Ren @Soogi @lexusuwu @Kazumi @notthatmarko @Minyoongimin @Soleski @Erae (also please tell if you want into or out of the anime tag list)
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I watched ALOT of Anime like 2-3 years ago but not too much recently :maheart:
I have been regaining my interest and picking up a lot of anime this year, there was couple years I just watched show or two. I think Yuri on Ice was one big reason why I got back into it.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I used to watch alot but rn I only watch AOT
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
I've watched tons over the years. I've come a long way from my Lupin the III and InuYasha days, lemme tell you.

But nowadays I'm...really, really picky about what I watch. Because of that, I don't have a lot of new things I like to watch. I mean, I re-watch Natsume Yuujinchou and Prince of Tennis when the mood strikes. Right now I'm re-watching xxxHolic, for example. I think the newest anime I've watched this year and last are Erased, My Hero Academia, and Ajin.

My list is always, always limited because I rarely watch romance/shoujo and I pretty much despise over-done fan service, regardless of for whom the fan service is intended. (It's what has kept me from Free and Yuri on Ice, though if someone can give me some pros I would love to hear them because I'm curious about the shows. Tumblr can ruin anything, lol.)

As for manga....I haven't read updates in a while, but I took off work until Jan. 2nd starting next week, so I'm definitely going to go catch up/discover some stuff. (Last manga I read/is ongoing is The Morose Mononokean. I forgot about it, haha, so it should have maybe two or three updates by now.)
 

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
oof... idk,, i forgot my mal login ;-; it definitely wasn't anywhere near 500 tho fjdskfj
ive read more manga than ive watched anime, im very impatient and animes tend to be slow in storytelling (so. much. staring....)
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I recently achieved my 500 mark on shows completed on MAL, so I wonder how many others have been watching anime. Have you watched tons you weeb or have you just dabbled into anime stuff. Also do you read more manga than anime? Cause personally I have watched anime lot more than read mangas, but I have heard that for some people they prefer mangas.

... did I just make this thread to celebrate my 500 mark or not nobody will know :llama_eyes:
500? Wow that's a lot. I've watched many too but I lost count. Lately, I've been more into manga than anime.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I did have an anime phase but it lived shortly. I saw both Fullmetal Alchemists, Death Note, some Bleach and Inuyasha. I tried watching Ouran but it just wasn't for me. Sailor Moon, of course.
You've taste.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've watched tons over the years. I've come a long way from my Lupin the III and InuYasha days, lemme tell you.

But nowadays I'm...really, really picky about what I watch. Because of that, I don't have a lot of new things I like to watch. I mean, I re-watch Natsume Yuujinchou and Prince of Tennis when the mood strikes. Right now I'm re-watching xxxHolic, for example. I think the newest anime I've watched this year and last are Erased, My Hero Academia, and Ajin.

My list is always, always limited because I rarely watch romance/shoujo and I pretty much despise over-done fan service, regardless of for whom the fan service is intended. (It's what has kept me from Free and Yuri on Ice, though if someone can give me some pros I would love to hear them because I'm curious about the shows. Tumblr can ruin anything, lol.)

As for manga....I haven't read updates in a while, but I took off work until Jan. 2nd starting next week, so I'm definitely going to go catch up/discover some stuff. (Last manga I read/is ongoing is The Morose Mononokean. I forgot about it, haha, so it should have maybe two or three updates by now.)
I'm kinda ok watching bad animes too, though I have genres that I avoid a bit or at least I'm less interested in (romance and ecchi for example). When I watched less I was more picky, but I often times don't like to leave animes in the middle so I will watch what I started xd

I get that about fanservice, for me it can be quite lot too and I have dropped some shows for ecchi, especially if there is "loli" stuff in it, just bit umcomfortable.. In other hand Yuri On Ice!! and Free!: Eternal Summer are in my top 5 animes so I guess I could say something for their defense. Cause while the two have quite lot of fanservice, they are also damn good shows. Also I think for both of the shows it's probably better to just look the fanservice as comedy rather than something sexy, since it's mostly pretty ridiculous, especially in Free!.

Yuri on Ice!!: So the fanservice of the show which was bit eeh not interested for me in the start, evolves later into romance so what you will see is the romance rather than fanservice. YOI!! to me is really good show in terms of sports (got me interested of ice skating as sport and back to my skates as well, also YOI!! is supported by tons of actual ice skaters around the world so it's pretty accurate in terms of the sport), romance (one of few animes with lgbt rep), mental health content, inspirational in terms of the main character and his struggle.. I think the anime is just great as sport anime, romantic anime, and slice of life and drama anime, it's kinda all of them. And well comedy anime too ^^ (and love the music).

Free!: So free! currently has 3 seasons, second one is my fav. Third one was kinda boring to me, but upside(?) no fanservice. Free!'s two first seasons seem to be divided in two parts, first part you get comedy and fanservice, second part you get conflict and emotional weight as well as character development. I think Free! is quite good in terms of comedy and then showing hardships of growing up and character growth of the characters. I think it's quite easy to get invested in to boys.

I don't think either one is for those who mostly watch shonen, action or fantasy, since they are tied into real life and the stakes and emotional weight they have are quite related to IRL as well. But I think they are quite good as sport animes (YoI lot better on sports, Free!'s third season is sport focused but others aren't to me) and drama animes.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
oof... idk,, i forgot my mal login ;-; it definitely wasn't anywhere near 500 tho fjdskfj
ive read more manga than ive watched anime, im very impatient and animes tend to be slow in storytelling (so. much. staring....)
Yea I get that, manga is usually same thing in more compact form. In terms of One Piece same thing in lot more compact form (nothing really happens in one OP ep xd). But I like to do things while watching anime and can't do that while reading manga ^^
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well at my hayday I probably had an anime for each day of the week, so I probably racked up a hundred shows.
I had that period too, 12 ep anime was nothing for me :D I have watched a lot recently, but then I have couple weeks I just watch ep or two. I did watch 12 eps anime just couple days ago though, proud of myself lol.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I used to always watch anime idk what happened :maheart:


Watch hetalia everyone tho


stan CLC
Oh lol hetalia, that brings back memories. Hetalia used to be such cosplayed show too, two years it was nth but hetalia cosplayers everywhere (and couple Kuroshitsuji ones cause there is always couple of them).
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I used to watch anime a lot more, but nowadays I really only keep up with one piece.

I'm trying to get back into it a bit though and made a list of all the shows I wanted to watch.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread