how much more active has this forum become with the cards? (1 Viewer)

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I haven't been here for a long time before the cards were implemented so I wouldn't know
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,464
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I haven't been here for a long time before the cards were implemented so I wouldn't know
We used to hover between 500 to 700 posts daily before the cards. Now its staying up above 1k.

 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
We used to hover between 500 to 700 posts daily before the cards. Now its staying up above 1k.

Woah, that's amazing
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,041
Reactions Received
52,938
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,018
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
We used to hover between 500 to 700 posts daily before the cards. Now its staying up above 1k.

500-700 IS quite active, but still gots lotsa dead threads in tat period so it was averaging tat but maybe it was packed into certain hrs comprising US peak hrs, iv noticed tat similar peak times n lower activity happening even with cards event ongoing.
Just tat the volume musta jumped higher, iv no complaints tho. The quiet when its low quantity kinda suits my habit of lurking then. HaHaHa.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Card team probably did some card ritual to bring the forum back to life
:ilovebread:
Well the main reason behind pretty much everything we do is to give an incentive for being more active so yeah you could say that :sanapray:

Pretty much any time we're considering adding a new feature not just for cards but for anything, the first thing we consider is 'how can we use this to make users want to be more active and contribute positively to the forum?' so considering this I think the cards have been a huge success :maheart:
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
We used to hover between 500 to 700 posts daily before the cards. Now its staying up above 1k.

I mean I was gonna say something like 'yeah man it feels more active idk what the actual numbers are but it feels a lot more active' and then you came in like BOOM statistics and i'm here like WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :nakypog:

I mean it's cool having the feeling that there's more activity but it's also nice to actually see the solid numbers to confirm it too
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,149
Reactions Received
46,812
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,403
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
As some of y'all can probably tell, I used to be pretty introverted around here, but now that the cards have arrived, I think it's safe to say I've become quite the social butterfly!
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean I was gonna say something like 'yeah man it feels more active idk what the actual numbers are but it feels a lot more active' and then you came in like BOOM statistics and i'm here like WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :nakypog:

I mean it's cool having the feeling that there's more activity but it's also nice to actually see the solid numbers to confirm it too
I'm more surprised we had 500-700 before cards, definitely felt a lot lower :yolk:
But yeah previously during more active times of KS, esp 2019 and parts of 2020, we definitely hit that number I guess, if not more.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
The card game is perhaps the single greatest feature the forum has implemented in my opinion. And as far as I know unique to the kpop forum landscape.

Lots of forums have gizmos and whistles to improve forum life and add to the experience.

Many take the aesthetic route and hit that collector itch like badges etc.

Many take the participation route like games and events to build a sense of camaraderie and discussion.

But you all Admin/Mod team played 16D chess and said.... Fuck let's do both. AT THE SAME TIME.

Not only do we know have cool aesthetic card collectibles to customize our personas and show off our favs. But it's all done through a central activity that encourages participation, discussion and interaction with other members and the forum.

It unites the forum along a single communal thread and motivates engagement.

Give you all 700 gold stars. You're going places.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread