How normalized is it to see employees sitting while working? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I mean workers like cashiers and the like. I feel like it’s pretty rare in the US from what I’ve seen. When I was in the UAE I saw it more though. I find it stupid for people to be against them having a place to sit. Last I checked you made drinks and scanned items and that stuff with your hands. You can be sitting, standing, matching in place, whatever with your feet, and it wouldn’t affect your job (maybe marching, that’s the only one I could see, just because it might make one move around accidentally). Besides, if need be, a sitting person can stand up when the task requires it, their butts don’t get glued to the chair forever.
 

izcream

hot soup on a cold day
.
Joined
12 May 2020
Messages
11,569
Reactions Received
24,746
Location
iz*land
Website
linktr.ee
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
34,365
Ship
Wreck
in my country, sitting while working is not that normalised for cashiers. there are chairs for the cashiers but most of the time theyre standing bc sitting while working kinda limits their movement and affects their efficiency (at least from what ive heard). i think they usually stand only when there's a lot of customers to serve, i do see them sitting down when there's lesser customers in the store

i got a culture shock when i travelled to europe and saw most of the cashiers sitting while working ngl was an eye-opening experience for me fr but i'm glad its more normalised there bc i can't imagine standing for 8 hours a day :wimwim:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I sit when I am pulling out weeds soooo yea lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread