How often do you let negative thoughts get to your head? (3 Viewers)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Something I noticed over my years on forums is there are a lot of people online that struggle with mental illnesses or with a general lack of satisfaction and happiness, many of us also happen to be introverted/ambiverted.

How often do your negative thoughts start creeping in and try to ruin your day? How do you get rid of them, do you try to?

My answer: It's heavy 👀
I've been in a kind of depressive state for a while so they come in all too often. However I have gotten better since before this period in time, I was feeling nothing but sadness, at least now I can find happiness in some things for a little bit of time
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
It's always been an eternal struggle for me, hating and punishing myself, trying not to, a repeating cycle... but recently I feel a bit better due to many things and I hope things continue to get better somehow..
the things that have helped me were following psychology and learning about myself throughout the years, observing myself - my triggers and what makes me feel better too, distracting myself with things I love, learning to say no to people and situations that are toxic for me (which is still an issue), taking care of my physical and meantal health - starting gym, eating healthier, drinking more water, taking vitamin B, not complaining and dwelling on things, focusing on the good and reasons to be thankful, surrounding myself with people who are good for me or no one at all, being more gentle and understanding with myself....
 

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
i'm a pessimist by nature but i do my best to think positively now. compared to three years ago im definitely in a better place so i try to remind myself of the progress ive made, even if it doesnt seem like much
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
I would say not very often but that is something I had to work on, now I deal with them by taking the needed action if there is any or if it's out of my control just crossing that bridge when it comes to it.
 
D

Deleted member 74

It's kind of..just normal for me to always be a bit sad and have certain thoughts
I've always been kind of an unhappy person, even the best of things can't help a lot of the time
I just try to move on with my life as best as I can despite that
 

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
.
Joined
29 October 2018
Messages
1,467
Reactions Received
6,252
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I'm probably not exactly the best person to talk about this, as I haven't had years of experience where I've struggled (Though I've had two intense years). Around that time, I've had negative thoughts constantly, it got to the point where I was afraid to leave the house because I'd somehow be affected by it. Now? My coping mechanism has become to not think, the more I think, the further I spiral. It sounds hard to just not think, but it's an easy habit to get, all you have to do is just generally start thinking less about your actions and just doing them, allows you to detach yourself from those thoughts that hurt you.

If that doesn't work, i resort to sleeping to keep those thoughts away
 
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
300
Reactions Received
993
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
One thing I really need to work on is my perfectionism... Mainly at work it's showing, I don't wanna work too slow and get pissed at myself when I make mistakes...

But generally, I became much more postive and hopeful. Even when bad things happen, I know deep inside I can overcome it, like I always have. I can try to see the positive in any situation even if it doesn't convice me right away. Forcing yourself to see the good in any situation/person will help you in the long run become a more positive and peaceful person
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory and Yili

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Majority of the time, but thats not what it seems like...
In order for me to really make a logical decision about whatever it is i'm doing, i have to let everything in, both good and bad and see things for what they are.. just branching between the most negative to the most positive just helps me stay grounded.

if were talking just irrational 'hate myself' thoughts than thats more of an hormonal thing for me now (growing up it was a everyday all day, i was the kid that created emo lol), maybe that happens once or twice a month, doesn't last long as my logical is more powerful than my feelings most the time.
I struggle with satisfaction of life but that more because i've always lived to survive due to my upbringing, and i'm still struggling now but i have a simple goal in mind of stability, so im working through it.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
1,097
Reactions Received
2,827
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I sometimes have bad days where I let the dark thoughts overcome me but I think Im better than when I was a year ago
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think like once a week something ruins my day and i feel like destroying everything

But then i give world leaders another chance
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Sory

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I’m dealing with depression atm. Can’t make it out of bed most days. Those voices are so strong, making me want to hurt myself. To stop the suffering.

I have brighter days once in awhile. I have amazing support online like @Minuteman, got my friend at home too, trying his best even though sometimes the situation make him frustrated which added to my anxiety. My animals can sometimes uplift me too, or make me feel so ashamed because I can’t take care of them properly anymore. I’m just too tired.

I’m feeling invisible, like I’m fading away, becoming a shadow. Like an empty shell. Seems like the pills aren’t working for me anymore.


And to the OP, you’re right. I happen to be a big introvert also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Minuteman

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I’m dealing with depression atm. Can’t make it out of bed most days. Those voices are so strong, making me want to hurt myself. To stop the suffering.

I have brighter days once in awhile. I have amazing support online like @Minuteman, got my friend at home too, trying his best even though sometimes the situation make him frustrated which added to my anxiety. My animals can sometimes uplift me too, or make me feel so ashamed because I can’t take care of them properly anymore. I’m just too tired.

I’m feeling invisible, like I’m fading away, becoming a shadow. Like an empty shell. Seems like the pills aren’t working for me anymore.


And to the OP, you’re right. I happen to be a big introvert also.
You're not invisible, remember that. There are people here who care about you, myself obviously included. You mean the world to me. You know I'll always be here for you. I'll continue supporting you no matter what.

Remember, you're a beautiful person, inside and out.
:pandalove:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Sory

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread