How often do you wear the traditional clothes from your country? (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Since Kpopsource is quite diverse I'm curious to know if any of you wear your traditional clothing or that you might not even have it. I have a handful of my traditional clothing and due to the fact that I moved I wear it less, and from where I come from a lot of women wore it daily so I'd obviously get less weird looks. Now I might wear it to weddings, graduations, religious events and when my school has national day. So it's once in a while then.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't wear traditional clothes, I don't even have a traditional outfit. I probably didn't wear one since I was in kindergarden
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
No, I don't think I have even tried to wear one. I know what they look like, but it's not that special so people wear them unless they have hobby of traditional dancing or sth like that.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Most countries now forgot about how their traditional clothing looks like. Only time I saw people wear them was those living in South Asia. A lot of times I wonder how those people resist it. Indian outfits are layered and have long sleeves and South Asia is a very hot place.
 
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Most countries now forgot about how their traditional clothing looks like. Only time I saw people wear them was those living in South Asia. A lot of times I wonder how those people resist it. Indian outfits are layered and have long sleeves and South Asia is a very hot place.
It's probably because of the material of the cloth, plus south asian people are more accustomed to the hot weather so that's a factor as well. Also some people wear long sleeves because they don't want to get sunburn.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
i never wear them, honestly i don't even know what kind of traditional clothes we have here.
Maybe I know how they look like, my childhood best friend is Polish as you know :jisoosmh::dubuthink:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Maybe I know how they look like, my childhood best friend is Polish as you know :jisoosmh::dubuthink:
you can show me what you think they look like and then i'll tell you if i've ever seen something like this (though it's unlikely lmao)
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
you can show me what you think they look like and then i'll tell you if i've ever seen something like this (though it's unlikely lmao)
I have something red on mind so idk :wat: :haylul:
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
No. My sister does dance ballet folklorico and it's the only time we kind of see it? — but it's not the region my grandparents are from so it doesn't really count in my family's eyes as "traditional". :wimwim: for some reason I had a qipao when I was younger but it may be because we would celebrate Chinese New Year with a neighbor...okay that really needs an explanation from my parents because I don't really remember what happened to the outfit.

Example:

 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It's my mom's country, but I used to have a children's hanbok
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
It's my mom's country, but I used to have a children's hanbok
it reminds me that I used to have an Indian sari for children, because my uncle is Indian
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread