How Popular is IU Internationally? (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Honestly I have never met an IU stan on a forum where IU is their UB but most K-POP fans who follow the genre know and like her. She's acknowledged by everyone. She also has a lot of international K-drama fan supporters as well. So she's pretty huge. Like I hear no hype about her on forums but then I go on YouTube and even a random video of her just singing has tens of millions of views. I guess since she's a solo and doesn't really have any rivalry we don't see much from her fans. Everyone just acknowledges her as the queen of K-Pop and knows that she's unbeatable in Korea so her fandom also never gets into useless fandom wars lol. So I guess everyone else just assumes they don't exist lol
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Tbh IU's international popularity has increased significantly thanks to her acting career. Especially Hotel Del Luna being so huge brought many new fans who then got into her music.
 
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Honestly I have never met an IU stan on a forum where IU is their UB but most K-POP fans who follow the genre know and like her. She's acknowledged by everyone. She also has a lot of international K-drama fan supporters as well. So she's pretty huge. Like I hear no hype about her on forums but then I go on YouTube and even a random video of her just singing has tens of millions of views. I guess since she's a solo and doesn't really have any rivalry we don't see much from her fans. Everyone just acknowledges her as the queen of K-Pop and knows that she's unbeatable in Korea so her fandom also never gets into useless fandom wars lol. So I guess everyone else just assumes they don't exist lol
I guess u met one now She is one of my ults since dream high .
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
Most of IUs sales were from China and she was listed as being one of the biggest reasons Chinese tourists came to Korea in some survey.

Soloists generally don't pick up steam internationally unless they're from a group like G-Dragon, Chungha, Sunmi, Taeyeon and Hwasa but IU is just so massive that you will know her even if a lot of Western fans just think she's a boring ballad singer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think it depends where you are looking at. IU has huge popularity in Asia and especially Hing Kong and China. It also helped her that she is a popular actress too with some pretty known dramas on her resume. Be it Dream High, My Mister, Hotel Del Luna or Persona... her dramas have had a huge following and media presence too
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread