COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

How To Get Cards: A Guide (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I've noticed that some of my friends on here and some other users I don't know too well
Have been struggling a bit with meeting the requirement for getting cards each day.
So I figured as someone who is mainly able to get a card every day that I should help you guys out with a thread.
If you want to add any tips too-feel free to write them down below.
Any help is appreciated because the more people who participate in getting cards-the more fun it is!

!Making threads!
1. Make a Thread Idea List:
Sometimes it's really hard when you completed making three threads for the day. Usually the second you are done you come up with a GREAT thread idea. But by the time it's the next day you've completely forgotten it. The best way to fight this is to have a note on your phone or computer with all your thread ideas so you have them at the ready at any time.

2. Have A Series: THere are multiple users on here including myself who have made threads that are series. I know that @Wingfrost and @SHINee as well as @Abeamus all do this and it really helps on days where you are low on thread ideas. I started my own where I show love for songs that nobody talks about or that are old and kind of forgotten, but that I personally REALLY love.

3. Bring Back an Oldie:
A lot of times on forums like this there are ideas or trends that were big at some point. After it's been a hot minute usually bringing one of those threads back by making a new one is usually a good way to get people responding to you, you respond back to them. And then MORE people making the same type of threads not only helping you but others.

4. Give Me a Group/Album/Idol/Song Threads: This is an old concept but it never fails to get the fun ball rolling. Make a thread asking people to post one of these things and come up with a fun way to respond to them. I've seen so many different versions of these threads but they always manage to be fun for everyone involved and sometimes geniuses come along and REALLY put a spin on them that starts another trend. That genius might be you!

5. Make A Request Thread: The second you make a thread telling people that you will either be doing art, covers, writings, or reviews you immediately have a way of making threads for a while. You can fill one or two requests out a day and make them threads tagging the users who requested. It's a nice and easier way to make a thread every day.

6. Appreciate Someone: This is cheesy but when you make a thread appreciating a user or a friend it's a nice pick-me-up for that person specifically and others may join in too complimenting that user. It's a nice way to possibly reach your goal but also make someone's day which is always great. Also, credit to @yellowcoat who inspired all the cheer threads that are dedicated to others. This also works for appreciating idols a song or a group.

7. Talk About Your Day/ Life: This one may seem silly but it really works. I oftentimes have funny situations that come up and I want to tell the forum about it hoping it'll get them to laugh and it usually makes for an interesting thread. You can also make a thread just telling people how your day went it doesn't necessarily need to be funny. Or you can make a thread asking for advice about a problem you encountered during your day. Obviously don't give up too much information for privacy's sake but you can still talk about some very basic things that have happened to you.

8. Do An Anon/Talk to/Ask Me Thread: These threads aren't super popular around here but they do work for creating a thread that gets some replies. Another great idea is to make one with friends, specifically anons, usually it brings in more replies and the thread gets more attention, and chaos ensues-but the fun kind of chaos.

9. Post Your Talent: This can't apply to everyone but I think it possibly could. If you can sing, dance, write, draw, or anything make a thread showing off something you are proud of or utilizing that ability. This one is a bit more time-consuming but if you are really struggling to get a thread out this is a good idea one.

10. Don't Post About Your Card Yet: I don't particularly do this one but it may help others out. If you get a card don't post a thread about the trade for it until the day after. That way you already have a thread prepared that is fairly easy to get out and use towards getting your next card. I think it was either Rand or Cal who did this or Ozy. I genuinely can't remember who did this and I asked about it once.

11. Ask a (Really In-Depth) Question: These threads are sometimes harder to do because they can sometimes be a bit exhausting to make and they don't guarantee you responses. Sometimes asking a simple question for a thread goes a long way but other times making really long drawn out ones that really get the ball rolling are also great I think @SHlNEE is probably the best at those types of threads. @Reo and @Yili are great with making simpler ones.

!Making Posts!
*multiple of the ones above work for this as they force you to respond and make multiple posts like for #8 & #4-this one also might be more repetitive sorry in advance!

1. Reply rePLY REPLY: This one is pretty simple but if someone responds to your thread quote them and respond to them. It doesn't have to be a super in-depth response but if you do this I guarantee a conversation will begin and you and the person you are talking to will BOTh get your posts up pretty quickly.

2. Start Right Away: The second you get onto the forum in the morning just click on any and EVERY thread you see that so much as piques your interest. You reply to those threads, reply to any other replies in them, and sometimes you'll get to twenty posts before you even know it.

3. Start a Conversation: This one is simple-sounding but it really helps and I feel like sometimes people just don't do it. If someone replies to you or you see a really interesting point that someone has made genuinely respond to them and get the ball rolling for a really long conversation to begin!!

4. Make Friends: This one can be intimidating, but I swear a majority of the people on here are beyond nice and really interested in befriending others. The second you make friends or companions on here is the second you can make any thread and have them reply, they can make any thread and have you reply. Inside jokes can begin that you just post randomly and hilarity will ensue. it makes the forum experience more fun and also makes it that much easier to post a bunch.

I know the posts one isn't the easiest or the most in-depth but I said what I thought might be helpful despite them being fairly simple.
I hope this helps some people out as well as anyone new to the forum who may need some help with getting cards.
Please recommend this thread to those who may be struggling-I want this to be helpful.

Thank you for reading this all the way through if you did!
:pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Just some other tips:
  • The more you talk to people the more likely it is inspiration will strike for a thread idea.
  • Making a thread right before you go to bed usually gives you something to reply to when you wake up and as a result, will boost your posts the next day right away.

I'm going to go ahead and tag @Mangoey and @Panda because they both have expressed struggling a bit <3

Last edited:

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This thread is so well written and helpful! Starting convos and replying to threads is a great way to up your post count, Chips and I can talk about anything in any thread and get those 20 done super fast :llama_tea:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
This thread is so well written and helpful! Starting convos and replying to threads is a great way to up your post count, Chips and I can talk about anything in any thread and get those 20 done super fast :llama_tea:
THATS WHY WE ARE THE MASTERS AHHHHH!1!!!!!

:wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I was like "why am I featured in a post about cards?" :D :D :D and awww thank you so much! ♥
you go ang get them! catch them all!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I've noticed that some of my friends on here and some other users I don't know too well
Have been struggling a bit with meeting the requirement for getting cards each day.
So I figured as someone who is mainly able to get a card every day that I should help you guys out with a thread.
If you want to add any tips too-feel free to write them down below.
Any help is appreciated because the more people who participate in getting cards-the more fun it is!

!Making threads!
1. Make a Thread Idea List:
Sometimes it's really hard when you completed making three threads for the day. Usually the second you are done you come up with a GREAT thread idea. But by the time it's the next day you've completely forgotten it. The best way to fight this is to have a note on your phone or computer with all your thread ideas so you have them at the ready at any time.

2. Have A Series: THere are multiple users on here including myself who have made threads that are series. I know that @Wingfrost and @SHINee as well as @Abeamus all do this and it really helps on days where you are low on thread ideas. I started my own where I show love for songs that nobody talks about or that are old and kind of forgotten, but that I personally REALLY love.

3. Bring Back an Oldie: A lot of times on forums like this there are ideas or trends that were big at some point. After it's been a hot minute usually bringing one of those threads back by making a new one is usually a good way to get people responding to you, you respond back to them. And then MORE people making the same type of threads not only helping you but others.

4. Give Me a Group/Album/Idol/Song Threads: This is an old concept but it never fails to get the fun ball rolling. Make a thread asking people to post one of these things and come up with a fun way to respond to them. I've seen so many different versions of these threads but they always manage to be fun for everyone involved and sometimes geniuses come along and REALLY put a spin on them that starts another trend. That genius might be you!

5. Make A Request Thread: The second you make a thread telling people that you will either be doing art, covers, writings, or reviews you immediately have a way of making threads for a while. You can fill one or two requests out a day and make them threads tagging the users who requested. It's a nice and easier way to make a thread every day.

6. Appreciate Someone: This is cheesy but when you make a thread appreciating a user or a friend it's a nice pick-me-up for that person specifically and others may join in too complimenting that user. It's a nice way to possibly reach your goal but also make someone's day which is always great. Also, credit to @yellowcoat who inspired all the cheer threads that are dedicated to others. This also works for appreciating idols a song or a group.

7. Talk About Your Day/ Life: This one may seem silly but it really works. I oftentimes have funny situations that come up and I want to tell the forum about it hoping it'll get them to laugh and it usually makes for an interesting thread. You can also make a thread just telling people how your day went it doesn't necessarily need to be funny. Or you can make a thread asking for advice about a problem you encountered during your day. Obviously don't give up too much information for privacy's sake but you can still talk about some very basic things that have happened to you.

8. Do An Anon/Talk to/Ask Me Thread: These threads aren't super popular around here but they do work for creating a thread that gets some replies. Another great idea is to make one with friends, specifically anons, usually it brings in more replies and the thread gets more attention, and chaos ensues-but the fun kind of chaos.

9. Post Your Talent: This can't apply to everyone but I think it possibly could. If you can sing, dance, write, draw, or anything make a thread showing off something you are proud of or utilizing that ability. This one is a bit more time-consuming but if you are really struggling to get a thread out this is a good idea one.

10. Don't Post About Your Card Yet: I don't particularly do this one but it may help others out. If you get a card don't post a thread about the trade for it until the day after. That way you already have a thread prepared that is fairly easy to get out and use towards getting your next card. I think it was either Rand or Cal who did this or Ozy. I genuinely can't remember who did this and I asked about it once.

11. Ask a (Really In-Depth) Question: These threads are sometimes harder to do because they can sometimes be a bit exhausting to make and they don't guarantee you responses. Sometimes asking a simple question for a thread goes a long way but other times making really long drawn out ones that really get the ball rolling are also great I think @SHlNEE is probably the best at those types of threads. @Reo and @Yili are great with making simpler ones.

!Making Posts!
*multiple of the ones above work for this as they force you to respond and make multiple posts like for #8 & #4-this one also might be more repetitive sorry in advance!

1. Reply rePLY REPLY: This one is pretty simple but if someone responds to your thread quote them and respond to them. It doesn't have to be a super in-depth response but if you do this I guarantee a conversation will begin and you and the person you are talking to will BOTh get your posts up pretty quickly.

2. Start Right Away: The second you get onto the forum in the morning just click on any and EVERY thread you see that so much as piques your interest. You reply to those threads, reply to any other replies in them, and sometimes you'll get to twenty posts before you even know it.

3. Start a Conversation: This one is simple-sounding but it really helps and I feel like sometimes people just don't do it. If someone replies to you or you see a really interesting point that someone has made genuinely respond to them and get the ball rolling for a really long conversation to begin!!

4. Make Friends: This one can be intimidating, but I swear a majority of the people on here are beyond nice and really interested in befriending others. The second you make friends or companions on here is the second you can make any thread and have them reply, they can make any thread and have you reply. Inside jokes can begin that you just post randomly and hilarity will ensue. it makes the forum experience more fun and also makes it that much easier to post a bunch.

I know the posts one isn't the easiest or the most in-depth but I said what I thought might be helpful despite them being fairly simple.
I hope this helps some people out as well as anyone new to the forum who may need some help with getting cards.
Please recommend this thread to those who may be struggling-I want this to be helpful.

Thank you for reading this all the way through if you did!
:pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart: :pepeheart:
how cute you mentioned me twice :sanapray: :mgblush: a shout out is always nice to see
lovely thread with a lot of effort put in it
ask @Vikki maybe to move it to cards board? and pin it perhaps?:rosesmug:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
how cute you mentioned me twice :sanapray: :mgblush: a shout out is always nice to see
lovely thread with a lot of effort put in it
ask @Vikki maybe to move it to cards board? and pin it perhaps?:rosesmug:
@Vikki its up to you whether you think this should be pinned

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Teach me your ways senpai :queen:
Very helpful thread btw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread