How to lose weight? (1 Viewer)

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
I've recently been told by multiple people that i am out of shape and I'm going to end uo being overweight if i don't quit my habits so ig i need to lose weight but idk where to start
I can already see the fact that I'm starting to be overweight and i don't really want to be...i don't have the motivation to keep up good habits so i guess I'm destined to be overweight...
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,013
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
You're really young so I honestly wouldn't take what they say to heart too much. You still have time to grow. How active are you? On your feet everyday or not so much?

On a more serious note though, portion control is a pretty good method along with eating slowly (chew, swallow, wait a minute, next bite - the point is to stop eating when you no longer feel hungry). You can and should still eat whatever you want when you want, but you could start by making the size of the food smaller. If you're craving a chicken sandwich, go get a chicken sandwich but without any fries. If you want ice cream, get ice cream but one less scoop. Small changes like these will add up over time and you will see the results slowly and at a healthier pace. Work more exercise or fitness into your daily life - even if it involves walking up and down a flight of stairs a few times or walking around a mall when you're out.

Weight loss is different for each individual person so my advice can only help you so much, but maybe it can give you an idea for a starting point.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies and alo

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
please don't take what others say to heart. you're still very young, you are still growing! your body is still adjusting to all the changes that come along with puberty so ofc some changes like weight gain are natural. and besides... overweight by whose standards? the bmi? fuck that - it neglects so many factors such as race, bone density, muscle mass, etc. as compared to your favourite female idols? oh fuck that too - most lead extremely unhealthy lifestyles with extreme diets coupled with strenuous physical activity (relentless workouts like the lsfm trainee workout, plus dance practice all day). clothes sizes? different sizes fit differently on different body types, and different brand have different standards for their sizing - especially when it comes to clothes form the "women's" section. an m from one brand may fit as well as an xs from another.

people may be telling you you're overweight with the very best of intentions. they may genuinely want you to put effort into leading a healthy lifestyle. but they're putting undue focus on your weight, when frankly that's one of the last things one should focus on when trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. if you feel that your habits are unhealthy, focus on being healthier. don't focus on some numbers on some scale. @Devil gave some wonderful advice here, and i'll only add on by advising you to put in some form of physical exercise regularly, and drinking tons of water.

i know i may sound very preachy right not, but trust me, this is all coming from someone who has struggled with accepting her weight almost her entire life. i'm not all that much older than you, and i still struggle with sticking to the healthy habits i mentioned. but really, it's important to try, but most of all, accept yourself. please take care of yourself, and again, don't take what others say to heart.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: DaisySkies and Day1

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,398
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Listing weight is something you should do because you want to do it, not because others do. It’s true extra weight can cause more health problems, but at the same time weight and health aren’t directly correlated. An overweight person can be healthier than a person who’s at the target weight or underweight, and it’s also a process that isn’t necessarily straightforwards. Different things work for different people. Also if the process of losing weight affects your mental health negatively, you haven’t quite won even if the losing weight was done in a healthy manner, because now your mental health would be worse. I would really recommend speaking with your doctor about it if you really feel that you want to do this, they would probably be able to tell you what’s a healthy way for you to lose weight/get healthier (I’ll use this interchangeably even though they don’t mean the same thing in all cases) based on better knowledge and data that we don’t have. That would probably be the best way to go about it. Honestly even if you start leaning towards not wanting to actively try losing weight, it’s not a bad conversation to have with your doctor just in case, if you maybe decide you do want to try later. Good luck with everything :sanapray:
 
D

Deleted member 74

portion control, eat slowly, walk a lot, try not to eat at night, don't stress (even though stress can have the opposite effect and make people suffer from weight loss too, I'd recommend not to think about your weight too intensely and instead make small changes that will benefit you overtime), stay hydrated and cut down soft drinks or those artificial juices if you drink many. above anything I'd say don't do it just because other people are telling you to and feel pressured because that will only lead to you losing motivation, try to think of it as just taking care of yourself~
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,056
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
So much good advice here I don't really have much to add. But do not lose weight for others. It's the WORST motivation ever. Lose weight because you want to feel better. When I go for weight loss the first thing I cut out the "grazing" as I call it. All the junk between meals like chips, candy bars... etc. If your going to drink soda, choose zero sugar soda and don't listen to folks about how "unhealthy" it is. Zero sugar soda is a lot healthier than the 50,000 calories a year people who drink normal soda consume. I recently did some math. On all my days off I go to Costco and get a mocha freeze, sometimes two... :pandaleave: Those are 560 calories each. I could very easily drink 200 in a year. :taesip: Thats 100,000+ calories I'm consuming. Eat more protein, vegetables and fruit. Lastly, and probably the most important... and it's weird I'm the one saying it. Drink more water. But most important, just enjoy being a kid. Run around, ride a bike, play a video game. Don't waste your childhood focused on adult problems. You still have baby fat on your body, your supposed to. Your body needs that store of energy for proper development! Just eat right and when your body is ready to burn off the baby fat it will! :izhug: Typical me, "I don't have much to add" and then I write a research paper...
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies and alo
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,399
Reactions Received
55,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
284,366
I guess the first thing is changing one's mentality
you've got to actually want to change things whether it's exercising or portion control or cutting down junk food etc etc
that's actually the hardest thing to do because your mind is so used to the status quo
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies and alo

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've recently been told by multiple people that i am out of shape and I'm going to end uo being overweight if i don't quit my habits so ig i need to lose weight but idk where to start
I can already see the fact that I'm starting to be overweight and i don't really want to be...i don't have the motivation to keep up good habits so i guess I'm destined to be overweight...
Oh, Hinata... :izhug: by losing weight bc others told you to, you're giving in to peer pressure! Don't do that, bestie! It's your body, you can do whatever you want, but do NOT conform to what others say you should do unless it's a doctor. Are those people doctors? Hell no! Plus, you're only fifteen years old, and losing weight should be the least of your concerns still. If you need to talk, my DMs are always open.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: DaisySkies and alo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread