18+ How to rack up 1M views an hour on YT (2 Viewers)

Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,457
Reactions Received
9,458
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,988
Gender
Male
that's nice oppa but we're talking about M/V views here, not sales ;)
Both are connected IMO. People watch MVs and then they continue listening to the songs at Spotify. Or they discover a group at Spotify and start watching their MVs on Youtube.

I refered to your statement that people mainly watch K-Pop MVs because they want to see attractive girls (and boys) shaking their butts. If that would be the main factor for success on YouTube, why do quite a few beautiful nugu groups stay almost unnoticed? Or what about an 'anti idol' type like Spy?

The audience want their dopamine hits. Visual attractiveness is just one option to serve them. I'd also rank the '$$' factor way higher: many nugu groups stay unnoticed because there's no budget for marketing campaigns and the production of high quality MVs.

I guess you wouldn't disagree that Everglow is one of the most beautiful active K-Pop girl groups. But did their beauty compensate Yuehua's bad support?
 
Last edited:

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I guess you wouldn't disagree that Everglow is one of the most beautiful active K-Pop girl groups.
I agree that Aisha is next Level. Not sure about the other members..... no disrepect oppa
I hear ya, well, I still think that visual is the most influencial position in Kpop, no matter the music quality, sadly. Too many peeps are solely focused on that and nothing else. Don't worry, they're not registered in this forum, most are lurkers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,457
Reactions Received
9,458
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,988
Gender
Male
I hear ya, well, I still think that visual is the most influencial position in Kpop, no matter the music quality, sadly. Too many peeps are solely focused on that and nothing else. Don't worry, they're not registered in this forum, most are lurkers.
I'm sure K-Pop companies know exactly what they do (at least most of the time). Attracting those peeps is part of the marketing strategy. I doubt that K-Pop would work with full-body tattooed and beer bellied older men with viking beards.
But finally there would be dance performances for my skill level. :oliviakek:
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gone4good

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I'm sure K-Pop companies know exactly what they do (at least most of the time). Attracting those peeps is part of the marketing strategy. I doubt that K-Pop would work with full-body tattooed and beer bellied older men with viking beards.
But finally there would be dance performances for my skill level. :oliviakek:
well, I won't speak about any of the other 1340 Idols....... so I'll stick to my own damn ult
if JooE hadn't substantially "improved" her looks over the years, she'd still be serving burgers at the Yangpyeong highway-4 motel inn. No matter the vocal or dancing skills. I'll leave it at that. The only difference with her, is that she didn't have the dough to do it pre-debut. Anyhow, let's not go there again, some folks get genuinely displeased when we bring this up (as if we're dumb, unfounded and clueless).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
KPS should be a place for unpopular K-Pop opinions too. We even have a thread about them. :pepesmug:
Nah, KPS is good to copy paste Instagram pics and get creative on a thread titles with 'em:rosesmug: Hit threads! lol
If you talk PS in here, you'll get slaughtered or ignored (to put it mildly). The overwhelming majority thinks it's a 19-81 ratio vs the obvious uno reverse card. I've got Korean blood, despite being mixed. I know a thing or two about what a real Korean face looks like. Anyhow, like I said, let's leave it at that. We can dm all we want and avoid being perceived as grown ass adults.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Asian mixed blood unite in this.

I agree yes
 
  • Love
Reactions: gone4good
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,128
Reactions Received
52,983
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,583
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Both are connected IMO. People watch MVs and then they continue listening to the songs at Spotify. Or they discover a group at Spotify and start watching their MVs on Youtube.

I refered to your statement that people mainly watch K-Pop MVs because they want to see attractive girls (and boys) shaking their butts. If that would be the main factor for success on YouTube, why do quite a few beautiful nugu groups stay almost unnoticed? Or what about an 'anti idol' type like Spy?

The audience want their dopamine hits. Visual attractiveness is just one option to serve them. I'd also rank the '$$' factor way higher: many nugu groups stay unnoticed because there's no budget for marketing campaigns and the production of high quality MVs.
....
I long believed tat some ggs with talent were overlooked eg OMG(not after dolphin, i inclyde mtself pre dolphin/2020), WJSN, n others; if they had BP/TWICE visuals n budget, they mighta been bigger contenders!

Consider Gfriend/OMG/EXID before they went viral(yuju falling, OMG dolphin, EXID Up n down[?])
They were all talented before n after, just happenstance n capilazing on virality n great music/performances/songs etc thereafter. Or contrast Brave girls/momoland/fifty fifty after they went viral, no momentum for tat incarnation either due to visuals/or company fumbling the ball. I think visual attractiveness in former vs latter played a part but maybe also company mismanagement. Who knows why at this point. All latter 3 are active tho membership has gone thru changes from viral moment, some more drastic than the rest!

My point is scattershot but tldr: visuals > talent(in kpop, sometimes)


......
I guess you wouldn't disagree that Everglow is one of the most beautiful active K-Pop girl groups. But did their beauty compensate Yuehua's bad support?
I just want to slightly counter tat YH was done in by Covid n Sino-korean political situation as much as any structural mismanagement: they had EG on a US tour with 5-6 stops n just couldn't finish their last stop in LA in 2020. After tat the next gen 4.5/5 overwhelmed the pre-2020 debuts of 4th gen except maybe i-dle n post izone grps/idols-techincallt lsf/Ive n solos were all 4.5/5th gen. Those in the middle except idle (I think) mostly fell by the wayside or hv lingered on life support(maybe). Not sure if I'm right but it's my impression. 4th gen was struck by being in between 3rd gen n 4.5/5th gen. Only izone n idle (I think) escaped the fate of most others.

Watchu think of my analysis/Ted talk($0.05 version)?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread