I am a very happy chicken mama (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I have been honored to raise 8 chicks in the past 9 weeks, for the first 7 they were with me in my room until they very much outgrew their setup (and they grew out their feathers). So they are now outside and doing amazing, they have their own section away from our main flock but can still interact with them and get used to each other, they’ve been trying new foods like oatmeal, fresh grubs, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, strawberries and lettuce (their favorite is definitely grubs and oatmeal). But anyways the reason why I’m making this thread: they’re still not 100 % used to when they need to put themselves in their coop (so we can close it up and make sure they’re extra safe). So sometimes we have to put them up by hand which is not always easy when you’re trying to catch 8 speedy chicks. :lisalaugh: All of them are very sweet and don’t mind people handling them (they just don’t like the catching process lol) and so as we were putting them up tonight I was able to catch one of the chicks named Millie (she’s our sweetest) and I began to cuddle on her and give her lots of pets because she’s adorable.:sakUwu: As I was giving her attention I noticed one of the other chicks take an interest and she actually jumped up onto my shoulder for attention and it literally made me melt.:maheart: We’ve never made it a priority to get our chickens to be super comfy/tame with us, just to be nice enough to let us work around them and such. But with this clutch we really wanted these chicks to be friendly and we definitely have that and it makes me so happy tbh. Maple (the chick who jumped on me for attention) got some pets and one of the other chicks named Penny did the same thing as Maple and when we were petting her she actually fell asleep in the process.:taesquish: Which is something they haven’t done since they were maybe 5 weeks.
It made my night to know that they want to be given pets and in general some kind of attention. I think a lot of people don’t realize how sweet chickens can be, but anyways I just wanted to gush about my chicks. :maheart:
​
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,162
Reactions Received
46,822
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,344
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
awwwwwww I didn't know you raised chicks! They sound so adorable!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread