I CALLED IT! (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck


They def terminated the youngest members' contracts or kicked them out because they wanted to shoot for something more mature.
This dance is really good by the way so I'm not shaming but it does have parts that definitely should not be danced by younger members.

I'm grateful Cube went this route instead of sexualizing minors but also why go for this concept if you had minors in the group to begin with?
Hopefully, the two former youngest will get another shot.

​
 

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
I'm grateful Cube went this route instead of sexualizing minors but also why go for this concept if you had minors in the group to begin with?
Hopefully, the two former youngest will get another shot.
Guess they are hoping to appeal to a different audience? They prolly felt they weren't getting anywhere and needed to do something more drastic....

Though, this might alienate some people of their audience who is more into their previous directions, but also like... lightsum isn't that big of a group anyways, so I can't really see them getting major backlash for switching it up, yk?

Hopefully, they do well regardless and cube can actually find the right footing for them...

It's good they kicked the minors out before changing it up.... like it sucks but we already have enough of that in entertainment much less kpop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Wow they really did that??? I dont follow them, but i agree its better than being sexualized as a minor.

Still... Red Velvet is rocking the princess vibes even with Irene pushing 30 so... Idk... They couldve stayed... I feel sad for them :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Wow they really did that??? I dont follow them, but i agree its better than being sexualized as a minor.

Still... Red Velvet is rocking the princess vibes even with Irene pushing 30 so... Idk... They couldve stayed... I feel sad for them :(
We don't have a legitimate explanation from the company as to why the 2 youngest are no longer in the group. It was a pretty sudden announcement in all honesty and people started just realizing it was the maknaes who were gone. So therefore there are no more minors in the group. So a couple of people, including myself, thought it was because they may be going for a more mature concept.

I know they haven't comeback yet but this dance practice is definitely a different direction than their previous songs that were cuter.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
We don't have a legitimate explanation from the company as to why the 2 youngest are no longer in the group. It was a pretty sudden announcement in all honesty and people started just realizing it was the maknaes who were gone. So therefore there are no more minors in the group. So a couple of people, including myself, thought it was because they may be going for a more mature concept.

I know they haven't comeback yet but this dance practice is definitely a different direction than their previous songs that were cuter.
Yeah, they are easing it on the fandom. Slowly going there i guess
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,587
Reactions Received
18,260
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
133,695
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Guess they are hoping to appeal to a different audience? They prolly felt they weren't getting anywhere and needed to do something more drastic....

Though, this might alienate some people of their audience who is more into their previous directions, but also like... lightsum isn't that big of a group anyways, so I can't really see them getting major backlash for switching it up, yk?

Hopefully, they do well regardless and cube can actually find the right footing for them...

It's good they kicked the minors out before changing it up.... like it sucks but we already have enough of that in entertainment much less kpop.
In a way, this reminds me of CLC and their constant fluctuation in concepts. I like this and I liked their debut, so I'm not complaining, but it is hard to get a stable fanbase when fans can't feel confident about what the group's genre and concepts are. You'd think Cube would learn one of these days to pick a direction and commit to it.
 

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
In a way, this reminds me of CLC and their constant fluctuation in concepts. I like this and I liked their debut, so I'm not complaining, but it is hard to get a stable fanbase when fans can't feel confident about what the group's genre and concepts are. You'd think Cube would learn one of these days to pick a direction and commit to it.
Yeah in comparison to the really successful rookies right now, lightsum being ill planned is as clear as day.

I'm not really expecting them to do as good as top big4 groups right now. I think kpoppies who keep placing sky hi expectations like that on every rookie group these days, especially nonbig4 ones, are annoying, but lightsum has been really fumbled, and could be doing a lot better with just a tad more craft and care. Cube, unlike any run of the mil nugu company that pops up, you'd think would have some industry connections, money, and resources to pull something cohesive together, but that hasn't happened. Maybe they were thinking they could just spit something out, and they'd find success, which they can't do in stupid competitive environment we're in.
 

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I really want to believe that Cube terminated their contracts for their own good, but… it never stopped companies forcing mature concepts on underage Idols
If I think about Hyuna…

In my opinion, Lightsum didn’t bring the money in Cube hoped they would
Many people said Lightsum should have been a smaller group from the beginning, since Cube gave the spotlight to the same four to five members every release
It also didn’t help that the two youngest members were probably the least favourite members
So, I think Cube terminated their contracts to save money and recourses
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,587
Reactions Received
18,260
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
133,695
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah in comparison to the really successful rookies right now, lightsum being ill planned is as clear as day.

I'm not really expecting them to do as good as top big4 groups right now. I think kpoppies who keep placing sky hi expectations like that on every rookie group these days, especially nonbig4 ones, are annoying, but lightsum has been really fumbled, and could be doing a lot better with just a tad more craft and care. Cube, unlike any run of the mil nugu company that pops up, you'd think would have some industry connections, money, and resources to pull something cohesive together, but that hasn't happened. Maybe they were thinking they could just spit something out, and they'd find success, which they can't do in stupid competitive environment we're in.
Exactly!! And keep at it more than once. Like Purple Kiss isn't dominating the charts, but they have a stable, growing fanbase because they're pretty damn consistent in the style and concept that they deliver on. You can see their growth from Ponzona to Sweet Juice. Lightsum gives me whiplash from the super cute Vanilla to the IZ*ONE-like Vivace to teen crush Alive.

And to your point: you'd think companies would know by now that you don't need to smash records, but just get a fanbase that's big enough (or enthusiastic enough) that you come out ahead. Like Dreamcatcher wasn't winning music shows until Maison, but I remember seeing a "best touring groups" chart and Insomnia will absolutely come out in droves.

I don't have a problem with anything Lightsum has released, but I wouldn't do more than check in on their next release. I certainly wouldn't pay to see them live. Cube's basically lucked out with 4Minute and (G)I-DLE and they need to approach Lightsum differently, because "maybe one of the members will write a national hit or independently become crazy popular" isn't exactly something to hold your breath over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I actually like that choreo :susPepe:
I both can’t really and don’t want to speak to other parts of this situation though
Its a good choreo. No denying that.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
7 July 2022
Messages
6,154
Reactions Received
4,718
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
17,379
Fandom
PlryWnxyMYBlink
Gender
Male
Pronouns
🇰🇷-🇺🇸 PWMB
If the label was planning this route, why even audition young members in the first place and waste their time?

It must have felt so devastating and shocking for the dropped members. But, at least now they know a bit of how a label really operates.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
If the label was planning this route, why even audition young members in the first place and waste their time?

It must have felt so devastating and shocking for the dropped members. But, at least now they know a bit of how a label really operates.
Cube has a history of not being reliable with group concepts. I doubt this route or concept change was planned.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread