I change my mind about Kpop loyalty (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Until 2017 I thought that I needed to choose carefully my biases and groups that I stan because I would never unstan them. Worse of that, I established a strict hierarchy between the groups that I stan and I though that I would never change it.

It was dumb to think like that. People taste change. Since I tend to be a loyal person with my family and friends, I literally forced myself to consider my faves in the same way. However I am not a delulu fan since I am very critical of my faves. So it was even worse for me to pretend respecting this hierarchy.

I am a little heartbroken to say it but since 2018, EXO are no longer my UBs and I am slowly losing interest. Apink is no longer my ultimate GG. It’s Red Velvet.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I used to feel the same way also :umjicry: Especially since I love to make lists.

Over the years your music tastes should naturally shift and that's fine, and there's no pressure to keep an organised hierarchy either. Some days I feel like I enjoy Red Velvet's music over Loona's, and vice versa.

It's good that you recognise your shifting interests though. Apink and Red Velvet are both great groups, and I can definitely understand the loss of interest even in UB groups.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I used to feel the same way also :umjicry: Especially since I love to make lists.

Over the years your music tastes should naturally shift and that's fine, and there's no pressure to keep an organised hierarchy either. Some days I feel like I enjoy Red Velvet's music over Loona's, and vice versa.

It's good that you recognise your shifting interests though. Apink and Red Velvet are both great groups, and I can definitely understand the loss of interest even in UB groups.

Same for me I love so much to make list and put things in order lol but reality is much more complicated than that.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m sorta thinking about shifting too. My two male ults are B1A4 and EXO, but B1A4 are split both company and enlistment wise. I’m one of the few flying the Bana flag, but apart from more solos from Sandeul (til next year when he enlists) I really don’t think they’ll properly release anything again. They might be referred to as my boxed ults or something.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I’m sorta thinking about shifting too. My two male ults are B1A4 and EXO, but B1A4 are split both company and enlistment wise. I’m one of the few flying the Bana flag, but apart from more solos from Sandeul (til next year when he enlists) I really don’t think they’ll properly release anything again. They might be referred to as my boxed ults or something.
Yep. It’s hard when our faves are inactive.

^

I need to make lists to even emember who i like, so i always hate having to change it :nekosweat:
I do the same. I pass my time to do lists and I can’t do otherwise.

You love them ?
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm not sure if I used to think i'd never unstan a group, but i did used to be more strict about it and felt quite bad for not paying enough attention to all groups i stanned (and i stanned lots). So i think i have easied up a bit, though i'm quite sure still that i won't unstan Big Bang and 2NE1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm not sure if I used to think i'd never unstan a group, but i did used to be more strict about it and felt quite bad for not paying enough attention to all groups i stanned (and i stanned lots). So i think i have easied up a bit, though i'm quite sure still that i won't unstan Big Bang and 2NE1.
I have my periods too when I am picky and severe toward my faves and Kpop in general.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do think we naturally change our tastes. I wouldn’t take stanning too seriously
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
17 July 2019
Messages
20
Reactions Received
47
Location
Singapore
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
You are not alone. I used to stan APink wholesomely. However their fanclub was only open to South Koreans. And they are not as active as before. I still like them thou.. as OT6. Now they are not living together in a dorm anymore...

Now I'm into Red Velvet :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
You are not alone. I used to stan APink wholesomely. However their fanclub was only open to South Koreans. And they are not as active as before. I still like them thou.. as OT6. Now they are not living together in a dorm anymore...

Now I'm into Red Velvet :)
This is one of the rezason why I prefer Red Velvet too now. We have the same taste for GGs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread