i didnt like the reve festival trilogy (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
idk if this is unpopular or not but... I didn't like the way it was rolled out.

I thought the songs were okay... I think it was a hit or miss even with the bsides... the title tracks were... questionable.

but the way it was rolled out was kinda messy. like I think I was kinda like oh red velvet is coming back again... okay. I wasn't as hyped.

but with psycho, I was really hyped which is kinda weird...
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
tbh i liked umpah umpah and a few of the b-sides :sadcat: i was hoping for a bit more with the trilogy concept
same but tbh all the title tracks were disappointing for me. the whole concept at first seemed cool but it wasn't executed the right way.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I feel like the 3rd was pushed back and SM had to revamp it to fit the season. It feels disconnected

Sunny Side Up was one of the best songs to come out that year however
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I love the Reve Festival releases. I consider The Reve Festival Finale (which is a compilation of all the songs) to be the second best Red Velvet album, behind The Perfect Red Velvet.

The Reve Festival songs are such good showcases for the variety and quality of music that Red Velvet is capable of performing. Look at the range of genres represented by these songs: bossa nova, disco, doo wop, reggae, jazz/burlesque, Disney. I could write paragraphs on how Ladies Night perfectly captures all the nuances of a classic disco song. And all the songs had great vocal performances.

As for the title tracks, I think Psycho was the most mainstream song with its One Republic anthemic vibe. Zimzalabim was so interesting musically that ReacttotheK produced 3 separate reaction videos to it, including one that analyzed its form. Umpah Umpah was a full-on summer song with a contrarian MV that featured rain and thunderstorms.

Red Velvet's music is not for everyone. But, as Irene said, that's OK. Fans can leave and fans can come back.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I feel like the 3rd was pushed back and SM had to revamp it to fit the season. It feels disconnected

Sunny Side Up was one of the best songs to come out that year however
honestly, i had no idea that psycho was apart of the reve festival lmao. i think that mini was the best out of all three.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I love the Reve Festival releases. I consider The Reve Festival Finale (which is a compilation of all the songs) to be the second best Red Velvet album, behind The Perfect Red Velvet.

The Reve Festival songs are such good showcases for the variety and quality of music that Red Velvet is capable of performing. Look at the range of genres represented by these songs: bossa nova, disco, doo wop, reggae, jazz/burlesque, Disney. I could write paragraphs on how Ladies Night perfectly captures all the nuances of a classic disco song. And all the songs had great vocal performances.

As for the title tracks, I think Psycho was the most mainstream song with its One Republic anthemic vibe. Zimzalabim was so interesting musically that ReacttotheK produced 3 separate reaction videos to it, including one that analyzed its form. Umpah Umpah was a full-on summer song with a contrarian MV that featured rain and thunderstorms.

Red Velvet's music is not for everyone. But, as Irene said, that's OK. Fans can leave and fans can come back.
i think i had more of an issue with how it was rolled out. sure it was experimental but some songs fell a little flat. i appreciate the effort in wanting to be different but you can sound different and still have a song that sounds good to the ears. psycho is a good example of that.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I definitely agree with you. The songs weren't as great as people made them out to be. Some songs were good, some were mediocre at best. In terms of the title tracks, Zimzalabim wasn't good at all, Umpah Umpah was okay, and only Psycho was something that I could play on repeat. I feel like the trilogy could've been done a lot better tbh
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I personally loved the era but wouldn't hype it up as the best. I still think RV was at their best with Dumb Dumb.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread