I don't feel like anti-drops are working this year (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Anti drops have been around for a bit of time, they seem to have become a bit bigger starting in 2018.



We've had a couple examples this year



But while the top 2 are bops, I think the anti drops in the bottom 2 didn't work. The leadup was so intense, but I feel that the chorus was comparatively too lackluster. While Deja Vu and Now or Never had the less intense choruses, they remained interesting enough to make it enjoyable, and even better with the unexpected nature of the drop, which doesn't feel like it's the case with Stay Tonight and Chocolate. I'm especially disappointed because I love the prechoruses of both song so much, but the anti drop stops me from getting into the song.

What are your guys' opinions about this?

@notthatmarko @TicTok_Togruta @perhapz @lexus
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The fuck is an anti-drop?
Drop=generally less intense, but sometimes intense, prechorus becomes intense chorus. Its very common and easiest to see in songs like Bang Bang Bang and Miroh.
Anti drop=intense prechorus becomes lower less intense chorus. you can see it in all the songs above
 
Joined
27 May 2020
Messages
29
Reactions Received
25
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Drop=generally less intense, but sometimes intense, prechorus becomes intense chorus. Its very common and easiest to see in songs like Bang Bang Bang and Miroh.
Anti drop=intense prechorus becomes lower less intense chorus. you can see it in all the songs above
According to whom? according to you? First time I've heard of this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kuro

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
15 April 2020
Messages
956
Reactions Received
2,957
Location
SM's Basement
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53
Gender
Male
stay tonight I can kinda understand. I think Max did it well with Chocolate. But tbh I think all the songs are bops

whenever I think of anti drop I automatically think of Taeyeon with this song



sexy drop too :sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm not sure if I ever have been fan of anti-drops. I feel like they rely on surprise factor, but now that they are more common there isn't that surprise factor anymore.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I kinda dig
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread