I don't know crap. (1 Viewer)

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm going to be honest and say I'm at lost when it comes to K-Pop.
I listen to it but I don't really KNOW K-Pop.
So should I consider myself a fan?
I love it, but I don't know the full extent of it.
Like vocab terms fandoms use, idol names and etc.
I need there to be a K-Pop course at my school.​
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
If you like more than one kpop group or just enjoy listening to various groups without stanning them, you are a kpop fan.

Feel free to dm me if you want any questions answered or want me to explain you something ;)
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
If you like more than one kpop group or just enjoy listening to various groups without stanning them, you are a kpop fan.

Feel free to dm me if you want any questions answered or want me to explain you something ;)
Thank you, senpai.
:sadcat:
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
If you like something, you're a fan of it. Don't stress about not knowing stuff. All that information will be there for you if you want to learn more.

If someone wants to quiz your "fanship", kick them in the shins walk away. You're a fan and that's all that matters.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Nah fam, it's really easy to get scared when you get into kpop cause there are lots of people that stan a lot of things, know all the names all the terms and everything but you'll get used to it as you continue listening and coming to KS.

I mean generally there are things I didn't understand too
Stan for example had no meaning to me, it essentially just means to follow the group and like them a lot
Solo - A solo artist
Nugu - Unpopular group, quite unpopular
Multistan - Person that likes a lot of groups (I am the king of this race of people)
BG and GG - Boy Group and Girl Group
and so on....

if you have something you don't understand feel free to ask. Make a thread about it even, it can be pretty fun for everyone to try and explain stuff cause some things have multiple meanings :gyuripout:

Anyway, don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to. I enjoy and consider myself a fan of many groups that I know very little about, I know i like their music and that's about as much info as I need, anything else is just further personal interest.

Also, don't try and learn fandom names unless you are 100% sure you want to be in that fandom. Cause trying will set you up for failure lol, there are way too many and even after around 2 years of hearing so many I forget a lot of them, even more so for lesser known groups.

(Never let anyone tell you that not knowing something is stupid or crazy, if someone does it means they are a bad person and probably a pretty bad kpop fan)
 
Last edited:

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm the same way too. You know, I was too scared to say I was a stan because google said

so I didn't want to be called super obsessive or something lmao.

But yeah, I'm also pretty clueless. I know my fandoms, but to be honest, I googled all the fandom names for my signature. :nekosweat: I mix up my groups and idols constantly. Sometimes I mix them up so badly people ask if I'm a new stan, even if I stan since debut.
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm the same way too. You know, I was too scared to say I was a stan because google said

so I didn't want to be called super obsessive or something lmao.

But yeah, I'm also pretty clueless. I know my fandoms, but to be honest, I googled all the fandom names for my signature. :nekosweat: I mix up my groups and idols constantly. Sometimes I mix them up so badly people ask if I'm a new stan, even if I stan since debut.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's like studying a college major. You have to do the homework or you'll be lost.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's like studying a college major. You have to do the homework or you'll be lost.
Where's the lie though lmao
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Nah fam, it's really easy to get scared when you get into kpop cause there are lots of people that stan a lot of things, know all the names all the terms and everything but you'll get used to it as you continue listening and coming to KS.

I mean generally there are things I didn't understand too
Stan for example had no meaning to me, it essentially just means to follow the group and like them a lot
Solo - A solo artist
Nugu - Unpopular group, quite unpopular
Multistan - Person that likes a lot of groups (I am the king of this race of people)
BG and GG - Boy Group and Girl Group
and so on....

if you have something you don't understand feel free to ask. Make a thread about it even, it can be pretty fun for everyone to try and explain stuff cause some things have multiple meanings :gyuripout:

Anyway, don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to. I enjoy and consider myself a fan of many groups that I know very little about, I know i like their music and that's about as much info as I need, anything else is just further personal interest.

Also, don't try and learn fandom names unless you are 100% sure you want to be in that fandom. Cause trying will set you up for failure lol, there are way too many and even after around 2 years of hearing so many I forget a lot of them, even more so for lesser known groups.

(Never let anyone tell you that not knowing something is stupid or crazy, if someone does it means they are a bad person and probably a pretty bad kpop fan)
Thank you for the advice! ^^ I really appreciate your feedback. I'm just a bit K-Pop insecure because I don't really know wtf is going on within the K-community. I just like what I like and that's about it.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Tbh i think if you made yourself to a kpop forum page
and are able to be involved
you are a kpop fan

kpop is always changing so it easy to get confused
i got into kpop a long time ago
and i still get confused sometimes
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it‘s just music. just have fun with it
 
  • Like
Reactions: kinnie and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Fake it till you make it fam, I pretended to know a lot of shit back when I didn't but now I do :lisalaugh:

But really tho, just listen to music, watch MVs, everything else you'll pick up with time. Or with some help from Ozy senpai.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: kinnie and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread