I don’t know if I can trust this (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was reading a thread on Reddit and long story short someone was mad their gf went to an event after they got a new diagnosis instead of staying with him because he was “going through a lot”. The diagnosis in question? Anemia. :headache: Anemia can be bad, sure, but given that they were not hospitalized and were just prescribed some pills it's probably safe to say he wasn’t dying any time soon. Expecting someone to skip out on an event they were looking for, after they spent 2 hours talking about the diagnosis with you, all because you have anemia, that’s just so bs. Loads of women get anemia due to periods and don’t cry about it for hours. Like come on, my mom, who had to go to the hospital urgently for a blood transfusion due to her levels being ridiculously low, was less dramatic than that. :wimwim:
I have trouble believing that someone could be that dramatic but I also can. Idk, if this story is real she lowkey should dump him imo.
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,607
Reactions Received
18,280
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,120
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Some people are big effing babies if they're "sick." I've been diagnosed with anemia more than once. If it's that mild that it's just "take in more vitamins," it's really not that noticeable a health problem, tbh.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Anemia is only a short term problem that people get all the time, the doctor lilterally told me to eat some broccali and a steak. Get more sunlight and take a nap if I was tired. So, tell him to eat a steak and STFU... On second thought, you might need to chew the steak for him. He might choke because he's so weak...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Anemia is only a short term problem that people get all the time, the doctor lilterally told me to eat some broccali and a steak. Get more sunlight and take a nap if I was tired. So, tell him to eat a steak and STFU... On second thought, you might need to chew the steak for him. He might choke because he's so weak...
Not completely true. Long term anemia does very much exist and ofc it exists in varying levels. I would hazard a guess that if they’re prescribed medication for it it’s probably worse than you had (or the doctors just decided on different approaches). Either way ofc they didn’t have anything to complain about really, talking medication/supplements isn’t exactly bad, but when it comes to anemia the experiences are very different. Like I said in the op, with my mom it was really bad even though she didn’t have many symptoms, but she was hospitalized which the boyfriend here obviously wasn’t so it’s different.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Not completely true. Long term anemia does very much exist and ofc it exists in varying levels. I would hazard a guess that if they’re prescribed medication for it it’s probably worse than you had (or the doctors just decided on different approaches). Either way ofc they didn’t have anything to complain about really, talking medication/supplements isn’t exactly bad, but when it comes to anemia the experiences are very different. Like I said in the op, with my mom it was really bad even though she didn’t have many symptoms, but she was hospitalized which the boyfriend here obviously wasn’t so it’s different.
Long term anemia would a symptom of a larger problem then. I get anemic once a year because my RH tanks my vitamin D and that intern tanks my red blood cell and iron count. I up my protein, get more rest and am fine. If this is a consistent problem his doctor needs to dig deeper and find the cause of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
D

Deleted member 4423

Apparently my previous post was "discriminatory". I apologise to whoever I offended with my joke, it was not my intention.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Apparently my previous post was "discriminatory". I apologise to whoever I offended with my joke, it was not my intention.
It wasn't me, but your forgiven! Man, if I had to applogize for everyone I offend I'd have to stop breathing and stop offending people to find the time to apologize...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Long term anemia would a symptom of a larger problem then. I get anemic once a year because my RH tanks my vitamin D and that intern tanks my red blood cell and iron count. I up my protein, get more rest and am fine. If this is a consistent problem his doctor needs to dig deeper and find the cause of it.
Well yes, long term anemia probably means you have another condition affecting it or you’re possibly not listening to the doctors in the medication or diet categories. It’s not long term per say but some women do get anemic for a week or more each month though so that’s a pretty decent portion of the time and while it might be treated more easily it is recurring in a way. But most anemia is quickly and straightforwardly treated and resolved I do agree with that, and I think the boyfriend in the op is one of those cases based on the info given.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Apparently my previous post was "discriminatory". I apologise to whoever I offended with my joke, it was not my intention.
I don’t think anyone was offended. But posts that are against the rules in any way should be deleted even if no one objects to them. But I don’t think anyone is mad at you or anything like that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread