I have read 56 books this year-AMA (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I have a spreadsheet as well with the information of everything too.
If you want a screenshot of anythign elt me know.
BUT otherwise ask me ANYTHING about the 56 books I read.
My general thoughts.
What books I loved or hated.
Genre based questions.
ANYTHING.
I"M BORED!

You can also ask for recs.
:taesquish::taesquish::taesquish::taesquish:​
 

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
Did you stick to certain genres or was your readings more diverse?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Did you stick to certain genres or was your readings more diverse?
So I tend to favor Fantasy books the most which will be obvious from the photo I'm about to post BUT I still bounce around from different genres. I am shocked though that Horror was my second most-read genre this year since I think in previous years that's been rare. But I finally got to read some of Junji Ito's works and that shot the number up considerably.

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 11.23.20 AM.png
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Myth

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
53,955
Reactions Received
17,136
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,096
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
what was the most bizarre book you've read? :ankha:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Which did you enjoy most and which one did you enjoy least?
So the first one is hard to answer because I have two specific books that fit it.
I read a book that made me feel VERY seen as a bisexual woman-like it made me cry because I had never felt so understood by a damn book before and that book is Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzalez.

BUT there is another book that made me fall head over heels back in love with fantasy books because this year was a struggle with that genre despite me reading so many books that fall into it-that book is Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim. THe mythology, the whimsicalness, and the curse as well as the magic-AMAZING. Made me feel like I was reading a fairytale.

I can't chose between the two since I loved both so much.

My LEAST favorite book is The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones. Now I can't explain why I disliked this book so much without spoiling it as it is a horror novel BUT I can say that I enjoyed the aspects of this being based on Native American beliefs. BUT the execution was just not it despite certain moments genuinely scaring me.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Day1

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Do you enjoy reading more, less or about the same compared to when you started?
If you look at my ratings alone I would say I enjoyed reading this year more than I have in previous years. I really read some fantastic books but I also read some books that were BAD. BUT the bad books didn't invoke anger in me whereas in previous years if you mentioned certain books to me I would HAVE to go on a massive rant about how BAD those books were....

:joysip: :joysip:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
what was the most bizarre book you've read? :ankha:
bizarre in what way? Bizarre in a good way or a bad way because I have answers for both LOL
 
  • Wow
Reactions: owo

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
53,955
Reactions Received
17,136
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,096
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
hmmmm, both then im curious LOL
Bizarre Good: Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia...this book was so darkly bizarre I was stunned and I LOVED it. Cherish Farrah by Bethany C Morrow as well falls into this category for me. It was odd, dark, and confusing but good imo.

Bizarre Bad: The Phlebotomist by Chris Panatier is the winner for this one. Don't get me wrong I don't hate this book but like also...wtaf was going on in this damn book!? I would also say again The Only Good Indians again.
 
  • Love
Reactions: owo

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
So I tend to favor Fantasy books the most which will be obvious from the photo I'm about to post BUT I still bounce around from different genres. I am shocked though that Horror was my second most-read genre this year since I think in previous years that's been rare. But I finally got to read some of Junji Ito's works and that shot the number up considerably.

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 11.23.20 AM.png
I’m personally curious about non fiction part as it is your least read. What non fiction books did you read?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I’m personally curious about non fiction part as it is your least read. What non fiction books did you read?
So it's so small because I only read 1 non-fiction book and it's actually a popular book so it might not be surprising but it was I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy. I picked up some other non-fiction books but never finished them.

The book that I read though was really good and emotional.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
So it's so small because I only read 1 non-fiction book and it's actually a popular book so it might not be surprising but it was I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy. I picked up some other non-fiction books but never finished them.

The book that I read though was really good and emotional.
Ohhh I think I’ve seen that book being spread around in some youtube circles I sort of follow. Sounds like something I should look into for sure. Child celebrities go through so much …
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ohhh I think I’ve seen that book being spread around in some youtube circles I sort of follow. Sounds like something I should look into for sure. Child celebrities go through so much …
They really do. I haven't read too many celebrity-written books so this was my first and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've only read one other autobiography and it was beyond upsetting because it was about BPD. I think based on these two reading experiences I may just prefer biographys/memoirs/autobiography's for my non-fiction books.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I read my first sci-fi series this year and really enjoyed it. What was your favorite book from that genre?
Oh I'm curious what series you read.

Also, the Sci-fi ones I read this year were re-reads of a favorite series of mine-The Lunar Chronicles and they aren't crazy high sci-fi just kind of lower level. I did read The Phlebotomist which was interesting but not that good. I have a couple more sci-fi books on my TBR though that I'm hoping to get to next year.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Tickita

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Oh I'm curious what series you read.
The Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray

Also, the Sci-fi ones I read this year were re-reads of a favorite series of mine-The Lunar Chronicles and they aren't crazy high sci-fi just kind of lower level. I did read The Phlebotomist which was interesting but not that good. I have a couple more sci-fi books on my TBR though that I'm hoping to get to next year.
And thanks - I'll check out The Lunar Chronicles :sanapray:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
The Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray


And thanks - I'll check out The Lunar Chronicles :sanapray:
Oh shit, I didn't know that was the name of that trilogy-I've definitely heard of that one.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Tickita

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
One you had very little expectations for and was pleasantly surprised by?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread