- Joined
- 2 January 2023
- Messages
- 5,464
- Reactions Received
- 6,565
- Location
- Blissoo
- Website
- kpopsource.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 24,081
- Fandom
- Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
So as you know I just got back from my trip to Morocco
It was a lot to unpack but the one thing I learned this past week is to be grateful for everything I have and can do. Morocco is a country that isn't very wheelchair friendly and above all has a very high poverty rate. I saw children on the highway selling eggs and if they weren't selling anything they would go to the market and would beg people for money. People with disabilities couldn't work and often turned to beg as well.
Healthcare sucks and can only really be effective if you have a lot of money, usually they transfer a rich patient to France to receive the right care.
I'm happy to be back but I'm sad so many people cannot. The people we saw on the street can't go home and turn on the TV and relax. These people don't even have good facilities to do so.
Here's your reminder to give your parents a hug and say thank you for all the things they gave you. Even if your on your own now or things have been dire. Just remember your not one of them. And if you see someone begging for money on the streets, give them some money you don't need or buy them some food. A small gesture can go a long way
Sorry for this rant but I still can't get over this feeling of sadness just yet. Have a good day
It was a lot to unpack but the one thing I learned this past week is to be grateful for everything I have and can do. Morocco is a country that isn't very wheelchair friendly and above all has a very high poverty rate. I saw children on the highway selling eggs and if they weren't selling anything they would go to the market and would beg people for money. People with disabilities couldn't work and often turned to beg as well.
Healthcare sucks and can only really be effective if you have a lot of money, usually they transfer a rich patient to France to receive the right care.
I'm happy to be back but I'm sad so many people cannot. The people we saw on the street can't go home and turn on the TV and relax. These people don't even have good facilities to do so.
Here's your reminder to give your parents a hug and say thank you for all the things they gave you. Even if your on your own now or things have been dire. Just remember your not one of them. And if you see someone begging for money on the streets, give them some money you don't need or buy them some food. A small gesture can go a long way
Sorry for this rant but I still can't get over this feeling of sadness just yet. Have a good day