- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
Just a quick disclaimer: it was difficult for me to find a good source for all of Girl’s Day discography and I’m not 100% sure if I listened to everything by them, if I didn’t I’m really sorry because I did try my best to find everything that I could. If there’s something I missed that you’d like me to listen to then feel free to post it.
For their discography I only listened to their Korean releases and left out their Japanese versions of their Korean songs, solo projects and OST’s in order to just focus solely on the groups music. I rate their songs on a 1 - 10 scale, and at the end I’ll talk about what I liked & disliked then my overall thoughts. Just please remember this is all just my opinion and you don’t have to agree with me, I do this for fun. Another quick disclaimer, I totally forgot to do a review for one of their albums and by the time I realized it I had already listened to their discography and just felt like it would have been just more work for me and I didn’t want to go back and add onto my notes… I’m lazy lol
____________________
2010
Girls Day Party #1 (Single)
Tilt My Head (2/10)
Shuppy Shuppy (5/10)
Control (7/10)
-Overall Rating : (4.6/10)
How Do I Look (Single)
How Do I Look (6/10)
Girls Day Party #2 (Single)
Nothing Lasts Forever (8/10)
______________________
2011
Girls Day Party #3 (Single)
Twinkle Twinkle (7/10)
Everyday (EP)
Young Love (6/10)
Hug Me Once (8/10)
Twinkle Twinkle (7/10)
Nothing Lasts Forever (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10
Girls Day Party #4 (Single)
Don’t Let Your Eyes Wander (8/10)
______________________
2012
Everyday 2 (EP)
Two of Us (7/10)
Oh! My God (7/10)
Don’t Flirt (8/10)
Telepathy (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10
_______________________
2013
Girls Day Party #5
Don’t Forget Me (6/10)
White Day (Single Album)
White Day (5/10)
Expectation (Album)
Expectation (8/10)
I don’t Mind (5/10)
Easy Go (4/10)
Don’t Trust Her (7/10)
White Day (5/10)
Oh, Great! (6/10)
Twinkle Twinkle (7/10)
Hug Me Once (8/10)
Oh! My God! (7/10)
Don’t Forget Me (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating - 6.3/10
Female President (Repackage Album)
Female President (7/10)
Expectation (8/10)
I don’t Mind (5/10)
Easy Go (4/10)
Don’t Trust Her (7/10)
White Day (5/10)
Oh, Great! (6/10)
Twinkle Twinkle (7/10)
Hug Me Once (8/10)
Oh! My God! (7/10)
Don’t Forget Me (6/10)
- Overall Album Rating : 6.3/10
Girls Day Party #6 (Single)
Please Tell Me (7/10)
Lets Go (Single)
Lets Go (6/10)
____________________
2014
Girl’s Day Everyday 3 (Mini Album)
Something (8/10)
Whistle (8/10)
Show You (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10
Girls Day Everyday 4 (Mini Album)
Darling (7/10)
Look At Me (6/10)
Timing (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10
I Miss You (Mini Album)
I Miss You (6/10)
Look At Me (6/10)
Show You (6/10)
I Don’t Mind (5/10)
White Day (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 5.6/10
___________________
2015
Hello Bubble (Single)
Hello Bubble (6/10)
Love (Full Album)
With Me (8/10)
Ring My Bell (7/10)
Macaron (8/10)
Come Slowly (7/10)
Top Girl (9/10)
Darling (7/10)
Whistle (8/10)
Look At Me (6/10)
Something (8/10)
Timing (8/10)
I Miss You (6/10)
Show You (6/10)
Hello Bubble (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10
______________________
2017
Girl’s Day Everyday #5
I’ll Be Yours (10/10)
Thirsty (7/10)
Love Again (7/10)
Come By Here (5/10)
Truth (9/10)
Don’t Be Shy (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10
Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…
- Minah has a powerhouse voice, but I also really loved Sojin's voice.
- They’re a girl group known more for their sexy concepts but I think they do both cute and sexy well.
And will end with dislikes
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)
- (The only dislike I can think of) They don’t have much music, I know this probably isn’t their fault but their company has made them have repackages and mini albums that feature songs from a year or two prior to that mini album being released and it annoyed me so much. (If I counted correctly they have less than 45 songs after being active since 2010).
Final Thoughts
‘I’ll Be Yours’ has been one of my favorite GG songs for a while now and I was hoping to find more songs from Girl’s Day that I liked just as much. While I was blown away more with Minah and Sojin’s voices rather than their discography I still enjoyed the time that I was listening to all of their music and found a few more songs to add to my playlist. I think Girl’s Day is a good example of how I am with a lot of other girl groups, I don’t stan them but I look forward to listening to their releases because they almost always have at least one song that I like. A few of my favorite songs from them is I’ll Be Yours, Nothing Lasts Forever, Expect, and Truth.
Again, I'm sorry I forgot to do an album review I'll try to not forget for next time. Thanks for reading or even just skimming through this thread, since it's about Girl's Day what's your favorite songs by them?
Tag List
If you would like to be added to see future threads like this one just tell me in the comments and I shall add you. I'm going back and forth between male and female artists so hopefully everyone can find something they enjoy. The next artist I'm going to be listening to is Victon!