- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
Usually I listen to a groups discography in order of release but instead I went by each NCT unit so: NCT 127, NCT Dream and WayV (NCT U I didn’t since they only have singles that are in other albums). I listened to not only their Korean releases but also their Japanese songs, I left out OST’s and any other solo projects. For certain albums I went more in depth about my thoughts, just remember I know nothing about music and I basically repeat myself over and over again. At the end I’ll talk about what I liked & disliked then my overall thoughts. Just please remember this is all my opinion and you don’t have to agree with me.
__________________
NCT 127
2016
NCT #127 (EP)
Fire Truck (6/10)
Once Again (6/10)
Wake Up (7/10)
Another World (8/10)
Paradise (7/10)
Mad City (7/10)
Switch (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating 6.8/10
___________________
2017
Limitless (8/10)
I remember I used to despise this song but I’m surprised that I now like it (my taste in music has changed a lot since I first got into Kpop and this was one of the first songs I listened to). My biggest complaint in this song is when Taeyong drags out his last line in his verses... it just sounds a little annoying to me
I did like the rest of the song though I loved Taeil and Doyoungs voices in this song.
Good Thing (8/10)
Oh my goodness Taeil’s voice
I actually was surprised by the sound of this song when it first started playing because it’s so funky I wouldn’t expect NCT to ever have a song that sounded like this. I really liked it though it’s fun to listen to, the rap doesn’t sound off and just an overall good song to me.
Back 2 U (9/10)
Oof! These vocals. I got chills during the last part of the song. The song kind of sounded like an old, old boy group song from the 90’s (which I liked a lot). It didn’t have an extreme instrumental and instead was just brought to life by the members.
Heartbreaker (7/10)
This isn’t a bad song but I think it sort of can be hard to distinguish. It sounds like a lot of other boy group songs (again not bad, I like those songs despite that and I like this song as well) it just doesn’t have something that makes it stand out to me which is why it’s a 7.
Baby Don’t Like It (5/10)
I never will understand when songs have bed creaking sounds in them
I know this song is really loved by a lot of NCT fans but unfortunately I fell under the small percentage that didn’t really enjoy it. I only liked the chorus and I just felt like the rap sounded out of place maybe if the rap was delivered differently I would have liked it more.
Angel (7/10)
This isn’t their strongest song in my opinion but I still liked it, it’s interesting to listen to Limitless and then this song. NCT seems to have a bit of variety in their music but it’s also nice to hear a ‘safe song’ from them as well if that makes sense?
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10
I remember I used to despise this song but I’m surprised that I now like it (my taste in music has changed a lot since I first got into Kpop and this was one of the first songs I listened to). My biggest complaint in this song is when Taeyong drags out his last line in his verses... it just sounds a little annoying to me
Good Thing (8/10)
Oh my goodness Taeil’s voice
Back 2 U (9/10)
Oof! These vocals. I got chills during the last part of the song. The song kind of sounded like an old, old boy group song from the 90’s (which I liked a lot). It didn’t have an extreme instrumental and instead was just brought to life by the members.
Heartbreaker (7/10)
This isn’t a bad song but I think it sort of can be hard to distinguish. It sounds like a lot of other boy group songs (again not bad, I like those songs despite that and I like this song as well) it just doesn’t have something that makes it stand out to me which is why it’s a 7.
Baby Don’t Like It (5/10)
I never will understand when songs have bed creaking sounds in them
Angel (7/10)
This isn’t their strongest song in my opinion but I still liked it, it’s interesting to listen to Limitless and then this song. NCT seems to have a bit of variety in their music but it’s also nice to hear a ‘safe song’ from them as well if that makes sense?
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10
Cherry Bomb (EP)
Cherry Bomb (5/10)
Running 2 U (9/10)
O Mile (8/10)
Sun & Moon (6/10)
Whiplash (7/10)
Summer 127 (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.1/10
_______________________
2018
Chain (Japanese EP)
Dreaming (9/10)
Chain(5/10)
Limitless |Japanese Version| (8/10)
Come Back (8/10)
100 (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10
Regular-Irregular (Album)
City 127 (6/10)
Regular |Korean Version| (7/10)
Replay (PM 01:27) (7/10)
Knock On (5/10)
No Longer (6/10)
My Van (4/10)
Come Back (8/10)
Fly Away With Me (7/10)
Regular |English Version| (6/10)
Run Back 2 U (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.2/10
Regulate (Repackage Album)
City 127 (6/10)
Regular |Korean Version| (7/10)
Replay (PM 01:27) (7/10)
Welcome to My Playground (7/10)
Knock On (5/10)
No Longer (6/10)
My Van (4/10)
Simon Says (6/10)
Come Back (8/10)
Fly Away With Me (7/10)
Chain |Korean Version| (7/10)
Regular |English Version| (6/10)
Run Back 2 U (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.3/10
___________________
2019
Awaken (Japanese Album)
Lips (8/10)
Wakey-Wakey (8/10) Johnny please don’t ever wear that wig again
Chain (5/10)
Regular |English Ver| (6/10)
Touch |Japanese Ver| (9/10)
Blow My Mind (8/10)
Limitless |Japanese Ver| (8/10)
Long Slow Distance (8/10)
Kitchen Beat (6/10)
Cherry Bomb (5/10)
Fire Truck (6/10)
End to Start (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10
We Are Superhuman (EP)
Highway to Heaven (10/10)
Superhuman (7/10)
Fool (6/10)
Jet Lag (6/10)
Paper Plane (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.4/10
______________________
NCT Dream
2017
The First (Single Album)
My First and Last (8/10)
My First and Last |Chinese Ver.| (8/10)
Dunk Shot (6/10)
Chewing Gum (8/10)
Chewing Gum |Chinese Ver.| (9/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.8/10
Joy (Single)
Joy (8/10)
We Young (EP)
We Young (8/10)
La La Love (7/10)
Walk You Home (7/10)
My Page (7/10)
Trigger the Fever (8/10)
We Young |Chinese Ver.| (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.5/10
____________________
2018
We Go Up (EP)
We Go Up (6/10)
1, 2, 3 (7/10)
Beautiful Time (6/10)
Drippin’ (8/10)
Dear Dream (9/10)
We Go Up |Chinese Ver.| (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10
Candle Light (Single)
Candle Light (8/10)
__________________
2019
Don’t Need Your Love (Single)
Don’t Need Your Love |Ft. HRVY| (9/10)
Fireflies (Single)
Fireflies (9/10)
Boom (10/10)
Boom is driven by this basic beat throughout the majority of the song and because of that risked the chance of it coming off as boring and repetitive with it never really changing up, but the verses are able to add enough variety in the song as each member has their respective parts. The rap is easy to listen to and gives the song a more mature side but in the end it’s not too drastic of a change for this unit. Renjun and Jisung really stood out in this song to me, specifically Jisung. I prefer him singing over rapping so this was a side of him that I was really thrilled to see again.
Stronger (7/10)
I’ve listened to this twice already and I still can’t figure out how much I like it… It’s very different for them not only the sound but how some of the members deliver their lines as well. It’s one I can see being a hit or miss type of song. I love the first part of the chorus but I think the second part where the members are shouting stronger is where I’m sort of unsure of how much I like how everything comes together. I don’t dislike it, I gave it a 7 because I thought it was a pretty good song despite how the verses and chorus fit together.
119 (9/10)
So… Jeno and Jaemin took part in writing these lyrics?...
All of the Dreamies are grounded! I did really like the song though lol It’s really catchy and all of the members had their own time to shine. I did like their earlier more cute stuff but I think they do well with this side as well, it's always interesting seeing a group mature in their own distinct way and I think NCT Dream have done it really well so far.
Bye My First (7/10)
I don’t have too much to say about this song I liked it but it personally didn’t stand out compared to the other tracks so far on this mini album. Jaemin’s verse was probably my favorite part in the song and I like how the pre-chorus was done as well.
Best Friend (6/10)
I like how this songs instrumental is pretty playful but the members sound rather calm despite the beat, it was an interesting contrast. Unfortunately I really couldn’t get into the song I sort of was disengaged halfway through (although I’m quite tired so that could be why lol).
Dream Run (8/10)
A very fun upbeat song + full of references from their past title tracks = a perfect way to end their mini album. The song didn’t have anything extravagant within the instrumental or anything but it held its own with it’s fun and sometimes funky vibe and the members energy throughout.
-Overall Album Rating : 7.8/10
Boom is driven by this basic beat throughout the majority of the song and because of that risked the chance of it coming off as boring and repetitive with it never really changing up, but the verses are able to add enough variety in the song as each member has their respective parts. The rap is easy to listen to and gives the song a more mature side but in the end it’s not too drastic of a change for this unit. Renjun and Jisung really stood out in this song to me, specifically Jisung. I prefer him singing over rapping so this was a side of him that I was really thrilled to see again.
Stronger (7/10)
I’ve listened to this twice already and I still can’t figure out how much I like it… It’s very different for them not only the sound but how some of the members deliver their lines as well. It’s one I can see being a hit or miss type of song. I love the first part of the chorus but I think the second part where the members are shouting stronger is where I’m sort of unsure of how much I like how everything comes together. I don’t dislike it, I gave it a 7 because I thought it was a pretty good song despite how the verses and chorus fit together.
119 (9/10)
So… Jeno and Jaemin took part in writing these lyrics?...
Bye My First (7/10)
I don’t have too much to say about this song I liked it but it personally didn’t stand out compared to the other tracks so far on this mini album. Jaemin’s verse was probably my favorite part in the song and I like how the pre-chorus was done as well.
Best Friend (6/10)
I like how this songs instrumental is pretty playful but the members sound rather calm despite the beat, it was an interesting contrast. Unfortunately I really couldn’t get into the song I sort of was disengaged halfway through (although I’m quite tired so that could be why lol).
Dream Run (8/10)
A very fun upbeat song + full of references from their past title tracks = a perfect way to end their mini album. The song didn’t have anything extravagant within the instrumental or anything but it held its own with it’s fun and sometimes funky vibe and the members energy throughout.
-Overall Album Rating : 7.8/10
______________________
WayV
2019
The Vision (Single Album)
Regular (8/10)
Come Back (8/10)
Dream Launch (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10
Take Off (EP)
Take Off (7/10)
Regular (8/10)
Say It (7/10)
Come Back (8/10)
Let Me Love U (6/10)
Dream Launch (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10
_____________________
NCT 2018
2018
Boss (10/10)
There’s so much I love in this song I don’t even know where to begin
I think it’s a good balance of vocals and rap, the chorus is very memorable and I also really love the verse between Mark and Taeyong in the bridge. Goose goose! This was the song that introduced me to NCT last year and was one of my favorite songs of 2018 as well.
Baby Don’t Stop (9/10)
Ah yes it wouldn’t be a good NCT album without a sexy song and it's with Ten and Taeyong
what a good sexy combo. I think this song while still sounding right for NCT has some elements to it that offer something a little bit new. Taeyong and Ten’s voices could clash if not given the right song but this suits them perfectly where their voices mesh really nicely in the end.
Go (7/10)
I never know how to feel about this song. There’s things I really like and things I really don’t like. The ‘nanana’ parts I find to be a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the song it just sounds a little off to me I guess. I don’t necessarily dislike the chorus but it’s just okay to me. The things I did like was Haechan’s voice he sounded really strong in this song and I enjoyed Jaemin and Jeno’s rap as well. Even if this isn’t my favorite I think this was the best song to start NCT Dream off with their more mature sound that we later see them explore.
Touch (9/10)
Oh my goodness Taeil’s voice is just the sweetest sound to bless my ears he gives me chills every time. I hope to see more playful/cuter songs from NCT I know not everyone likes those types of songs but I think these type of songs fit the members pretty well. The reason why I didn’t give this a 10/10 is because the song doesn’t really do much throughout it’s run. Not every song needs to drastically change between each chorus but I couldn’t help but notice that not much happens within this song until you get into the bridge.
Yestoday (6/10)
I feel like I would enjoy this song more if the beat was different I felt that it kind of dragged halfway through because the beat never really changed and so everything blended together and wasn’t very distinguishable to me. Idk if that makes sense…
Black on Black (7/10)
Idk if I should even be rating this track since technically it’s just a dance track BUT it does have some lyrics so I’m rating it anyways lol. I actually listen to this song all the time because it just makes me excited but I wish SM would have had actually prepared a real song for all 18 members since this is the first time all of them are together (and we only end up having lines from 3 or 4 members). I know if they actually did a song that had all 18 of them singing the line distribution would be very messy but if I stanned them and was excited to see all 18 finally come together I would rather a song that featured all 18 and not just a dance track.
Timeless (10/10)
This has been one of my favorites from them for so long SM just needs to make a vocal unit out of NCT. We would get so many beautiful songs like this and vocals to keep us going for years. There’s nothing that I can say other than that Taeil, Jaehyun and Doyoung all have such beautiful voices and this song is just as beautiful.
The 7th Sense (7/10)
I was unsure of what to rate this song because I have a like/dislike relationship with it nothing in this song sounds necessarily bad to me every part sounds nice but, it’s just not really my type of song I guess. I wouldn’t hate it if this song randomly came on when I’m listening to a random Kpop playlist but I wouldn’t go out of my way to listen to it either.
Without You (10/10)
This is my favorite song by them, it’s amazing, beautiful, the vocals are outstanding, it makes me feel sentimental and is never boring to listen to. This just backs up my earlier statement of SM needing to just make a unit that specifically focuses on vocals. I would love it.
Without You |Chinese Ver.| (9/10)
I do prefer the Korean version over the Chinese version just because I feel like it’s stronger in the chorus and the chorus is what I feel like adds a lot of emotion into the song. I do really like Kun’s voice and I love hearing the Chinese versions of their songs, it’s a beautiful language.
Dream in a Dream (8/10)
Again Idk if I should be rating this since it’s more of a performance track but since it has lyrics (and because I love Ten) I decided to go ahead and rate it with the rest of the songs. I’m awful with explaining what I like about the instrumentals in songs but just know that I do really like it and I love the few times we hear him sing in the song.
-Overall Album Rating : 8.3/10
There’s so much I love in this song I don’t even know where to begin
Baby Don’t Stop (9/10)
Ah yes it wouldn’t be a good NCT album without a sexy song and it's with Ten and Taeyong
Go (7/10)
I never know how to feel about this song. There’s things I really like and things I really don’t like. The ‘nanana’ parts I find to be a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the song it just sounds a little off to me I guess. I don’t necessarily dislike the chorus but it’s just okay to me. The things I did like was Haechan’s voice he sounded really strong in this song and I enjoyed Jaemin and Jeno’s rap as well. Even if this isn’t my favorite I think this was the best song to start NCT Dream off with their more mature sound that we later see them explore.
Touch (9/10)
Oh my goodness Taeil’s voice is just the sweetest sound to bless my ears he gives me chills every time. I hope to see more playful/cuter songs from NCT I know not everyone likes those types of songs but I think these type of songs fit the members pretty well. The reason why I didn’t give this a 10/10 is because the song doesn’t really do much throughout it’s run. Not every song needs to drastically change between each chorus but I couldn’t help but notice that not much happens within this song until you get into the bridge.
Yestoday (6/10)
I feel like I would enjoy this song more if the beat was different I felt that it kind of dragged halfway through because the beat never really changed and so everything blended together and wasn’t very distinguishable to me. Idk if that makes sense…
Black on Black (7/10)
Idk if I should even be rating this track since technically it’s just a dance track BUT it does have some lyrics so I’m rating it anyways lol. I actually listen to this song all the time because it just makes me excited but I wish SM would have had actually prepared a real song for all 18 members since this is the first time all of them are together (and we only end up having lines from 3 or 4 members). I know if they actually did a song that had all 18 of them singing the line distribution would be very messy but if I stanned them and was excited to see all 18 finally come together I would rather a song that featured all 18 and not just a dance track.
Timeless (10/10)
This has been one of my favorites from them for so long SM just needs to make a vocal unit out of NCT. We would get so many beautiful songs like this and vocals to keep us going for years. There’s nothing that I can say other than that Taeil, Jaehyun and Doyoung all have such beautiful voices and this song is just as beautiful.
The 7th Sense (7/10)
I was unsure of what to rate this song because I have a like/dislike relationship with it nothing in this song sounds necessarily bad to me every part sounds nice but, it’s just not really my type of song I guess. I wouldn’t hate it if this song randomly came on when I’m listening to a random Kpop playlist but I wouldn’t go out of my way to listen to it either.
Without You (10/10)
This is my favorite song by them, it’s amazing, beautiful, the vocals are outstanding, it makes me feel sentimental and is never boring to listen to. This just backs up my earlier statement of SM needing to just make a unit that specifically focuses on vocals. I would love it.
Without You |Chinese Ver.| (9/10)
I do prefer the Korean version over the Chinese version just because I feel like it’s stronger in the chorus and the chorus is what I feel like adds a lot of emotion into the song. I do really like Kun’s voice and I love hearing the Chinese versions of their songs, it’s a beautiful language.
Dream in a Dream (8/10)
Again Idk if I should be rating this since it’s more of a performance track but since it has lyrics (and because I love Ten) I decided to go ahead and rate it with the rest of the songs. I’m awful with explaining what I like about the instrumentals in songs but just know that I do really like it and I love the few times we hear him sing in the song.
-Overall Album Rating : 8.3/10
Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…
- This is no surprise since they’re an SM group but: VOCALS. If I had to be more specific, I really love Taeil, Doyoung, Jaehyun and Yuta’s voices the most however the other members all have very nice voices as well those four were just the ones that stuck out to me the most.
- Even if I didn’t like all of their Japanese releases I rarely like most Japanese songs by Korean groups and I ended up enjoying a few of theirs so I was pleasantly surprised by that.
- This may just be me but I feel like Chenle has really improved with his vocals over time the others have as well but his just seemed a lot stronger to me in NCT Dreams last mini album (all of his dolphin screams have strengthened those precious vocals!)
- NCT Dream is by far my favorite unit… Tell me why aren’t they permanent?
And will end with dislikes...
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)
- I don’t always like Taeyong’s rap in the songs *pauses for dramatic effect* There were a few times where I felt like at times his rap sounded like it didn’t fit the song and because of that it would throw me off.
- This can tie in with my first dislike, at times it felt like the songs would progress in a very odd way and would sound out of place to me because of it then in the long run I almost would always not really like the song because this would happen sometimes. (I worded this so weird but hopefully you guys understand).
Final Thoughts
I wanted to listen to their discography because of NCT Dream's ‘Boom’ and I’m not disappointed at all. There were definitely mini albums/albums that I preferred over others but to be honest this made me more excited for future releases by them because now I’m hopeful for a gem here and there from them. I feel like they have a lot of variety in their discography and that there would be at least one song by them that you would like. NCT Dream is my favorite unit for sure *sigh* they better at least have some music with all of them again after they go into other units. They do have some experimental sounding title tracks which I think is pretty cool because it’s a way to set themselves apart from other artists. A few of my favorite songs from them are Timeless, Without You, Highway to Heaven, Boss, Boom, 119 and Dreaming.
To be honest I don’t think I would ever stan NCT even if I was absolutely in love with their discography, I simply don’t like their concept of switching out and into units, I really like the members (Although I’m not too familiar w/all the WayV members) but when I stan a group I don’t want someone leaving or others joining I just like having one fixed group.
This was a very long thread so if you made it this far then thank you so much
Tag List
If you'd like to be added to the list (or taken off) just let me know in the comments and I shall do it (I'm going back and forth between male and female artists so there should always be something for everyone). The next artist will be Girls Day!

I wanted to listen to their discography because of NCT Dream's ‘Boom’ and I’m not disappointed at all. There were definitely mini albums/albums that I preferred over others but to be honest this made me more excited for future releases by them because now I’m hopeful for a gem here and there from them. I feel like they have a lot of variety in their discography and that there would be at least one song by them that you would like. NCT Dream is my favorite unit for sure *sigh* they better at least have some music with all of them again after they go into other units. They do have some experimental sounding title tracks which I think is pretty cool because it’s a way to set themselves apart from other artists. A few of my favorite songs from them are Timeless, Without You, Highway to Heaven, Boss, Boom, 119 and Dreaming.
To be honest I don’t think I would ever stan NCT even if I was absolutely in love with their discography, I simply don’t like their concept of switching out and into units, I really like the members (Although I’m not too familiar w/all the WayV members) but when I stan a group I don’t want someone leaving or others joining I just like having one fixed group.
This was a very long thread so if you made it this far then thank you so much
Tag List
If you'd like to be added to the list (or taken off) just let me know in the comments and I shall do it (I'm going back and forth between male and female artists so there should always be something for everyone). The next artist will be Girls Day!
Last edited: