- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,131
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,398
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
Let’s just take a moment to appreciate the fact that this didn’t take me a month to do
I only focused on Oh My Girl’s Korean discography any OST’s, solo projects or sub units I chose to leave out to just specifically focus on the main group (I also really don’t think I’d like their sub-unit either lol). I rated their songs on a 1 - 10 scale and for some albums I sort of explained how I felt about the songs more in depth. At the end of this thread I’ll talk about my likes and dislikes then my overall thoughts about the group. Please do remember this is all just my opinion. I really do enjoy listening to other groups' discographies and sharing my thoughts with others. Feel free to talk about your favorite songs from Oh My Girl as well.
_______________________
2015
Oh My Girl (Mini Album)
Cupid (7/10)
Hot Summer Nights (6/10)
Curious (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.3/10
Closer (Mini Album)
Closer (10/10)
Say No More (5/10)
Playground (6/10)
Sugar Baby (8/10) I’m very surprised I like this song as much as I do lol
Round About (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10
_________________________
2016
Pink Ocean (Mini Album)
Liar Liar (6/10)
B612 (7/10)
I Found Love (8/10)
Knock Knock (7/10)
Step By Step (9/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.4/10
Windy Day (9/10)
The mood of the song and instrumental is all over the place but I really, really like it. I hope they have something else like this later on in their discography because YES! There really isn’t anything that I disliked about the song, it was an unexpected track full of surprises and their beautiful voices.
Stupid In Love (6/10)
This was an unexpected duo but I liked that we got to hear a little bit more from Binnie. Unfortunately this was one of those ballads that I felt a little bored while listening to it, the girls sounded good it’s just I wanted a little bit more from the song but it never really changed at all besides the bridge.
Liar Liar (6/10)
I think this was the first Oh My Girl song I ever heard and I’ve always kind of wondered what I think about it because I don’t hate the song I like certain parts but the first part of the chorus has always sounded like it’s awkwardly placed before the “Liar, Liar” line which always throws me off the entire time. I think that’s just something that I personally don’t like about the song. I do think the song is catchy but it’s not my favorite from them.
B612 (7/10)
I like it Seunghee’s voice really suits the song and it’s something I can see being used in a K-Drama. However I feel like it’s one of those songs that didn’t really need a rap verse and in my opinion the rap sort of took away from the rest of the song. I would have rather heard Mimi’s vocals in this song but that just might be me.
I Found Love (8/10)
I am ashamed of all you GG stans for not recommending this song
. I at first thought I wasn’t going to like it but the second Hyojung began singing I was sold and it just seemed to get better and better as the song progressed. I really liked the pre-chorus and the chorus with Arin, Seunghee and Hyojung was lovely.
Knock Knock (7/10)
I’m still not 100% sure how I feel about this song. During the first time listening to it I only really liked the chorus but the second time I liked the rest of the song… My brain can’t decide!
I think this is a song I have to be in a certain mood for, my favorite part is still the chorus. I also liked the lyrics of the song as well.
One Step, Two Steps (9/10)
The members all have such sweet voices. This song was also oddly calming to listen to it’s like something you’d want playing when you’re enjoying the spring weather. I think this is one of their songs that really show off their vocals and their music style. Definitely one of my favorites from them.
Liar Liar |Chinese Ver.| (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.1/10
The mood of the song and instrumental is all over the place but I really, really like it. I hope they have something else like this later on in their discography because YES! There really isn’t anything that I disliked about the song, it was an unexpected track full of surprises and their beautiful voices.
Stupid In Love (6/10)
This was an unexpected duo but I liked that we got to hear a little bit more from Binnie. Unfortunately this was one of those ballads that I felt a little bored while listening to it, the girls sounded good it’s just I wanted a little bit more from the song but it never really changed at all besides the bridge.
Liar Liar (6/10)
I think this was the first Oh My Girl song I ever heard and I’ve always kind of wondered what I think about it because I don’t hate the song I like certain parts but the first part of the chorus has always sounded like it’s awkwardly placed before the “Liar, Liar” line which always throws me off the entire time. I think that’s just something that I personally don’t like about the song. I do think the song is catchy but it’s not my favorite from them.
B612 (7/10)
I like it Seunghee’s voice really suits the song and it’s something I can see being used in a K-Drama. However I feel like it’s one of those songs that didn’t really need a rap verse and in my opinion the rap sort of took away from the rest of the song. I would have rather heard Mimi’s vocals in this song but that just might be me.
I Found Love (8/10)
I am ashamed of all you GG stans for not recommending this song
Knock Knock (7/10)
I’m still not 100% sure how I feel about this song. During the first time listening to it I only really liked the chorus but the second time I liked the rest of the song… My brain can’t decide!
One Step, Two Steps (9/10)
The members all have such sweet voices. This song was also oddly calming to listen to it’s like something you’d want playing when you’re enjoying the spring weather. I think this is one of their songs that really show off their vocals and their music style. Definitely one of my favorites from them.
Liar Liar |Chinese Ver.| (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.1/10
Listen to My World (EP) (Covers of other K-Pop songs)
A-ing (6/10)
Midsummer Night’s Christmas (5/10)
Je T’aime (5/10)
Lies You Can See (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 5.5/10
____________________
2017
Coloring Book (Mini Album)
Coloring Book (8/10)
Real World (7/10)
Agit (6/10)
In My Dreams (4/10)
Perfect Day (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.2/10
__________________
2018
Secret Garden (Mini Album)
Secret Garden (10/10)
Love O’clock (6/10)
Butterfly (6/10)
Sixteen (7/10)
Magic (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10
Remember Me (Mini Album)
Remember Me (6/10)
Echo (6/10)
Twilight (10/10)
Illusion (6/10)
Our Story (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.6/10
_______________________
2019
The Fifth Season (SSFWL) (6/10)
I really tried to like it I remember this song when it first came out and I was one of the very few people that didn’t really like it and I’m still that way. I like the instrumental and the chorus itself is fine however the biggest reason why I don’t really like it is the transitions between each verse. It just doesn’t all fit smoothly together for me and in the end is just not a song of theirs that I really like.
Shower (7/10)
One of my favorite things about listening to Oh My Girls discography is that their music makes me feel so calm and happy. It may just be the combination of the instrumentals and their beautiful voices but whatever it is it makes for a nice listening experience. There’s nothing in this song that I would say is the ‘best part’ or anything because the entire song is pretty good there wasn’t a moment where I thought a verse felt lackluster to the others. It was a nice song to listen to and one that I’ll probably listen to regularly.
Case. No.L5VE (8/10)
Ooh I love the opening of this song with the piano and the snaps as the girls are singing, it went really with Mimi’s rapping and came together smoothly with the chorus. The instrumental is definitely one of my favorite things about the song it’s interesting listening to how it changes throughout the song and is able to put a variety of sounds together and make them work as well as they did. I loved Seunghee’s voice in this song and Mimi’s rapping was good as well.
Tic Toc (9/10)
I really like Mimi’s rap verse
, you have no idea how excited I got over how much I enjoyed her part. I don’t have much to say because I feel like this song sounds relatively simple to me but I had a lot of fun listening to it.
Gravity (9/10)
This must be what angels sound like
I have nothing else to say other than that it’s a beautiful song that shows off Hyojung, Seunghee and Binnie’s vocals.
Crime Scene (6/10)
I love how with all the other songs I was raving about their instrumentals but this one was sending me into a state of confusion lol. I really didn’t know what to think of it at first. It was one of those cases where I felt like the instrumental and singing were clashing together. This may just be a problem with me because sometimes I get overwhelmed when I hear certain noises so I immediately sort of reject it. The song personally just felt a little off to me.
Underwater Love (6/10)
I unfortunately felt a little bored while listening to this song. There wasn’t a particular reason why I just felt myself having trouble concentrating on it.
Vogue (9/10)
Can Oh My Girl please do a whole concept like this song, I need it, K-pop needs it
. All of the girls did really well in this song. I like that it was a unit track and we got to hear more from Arin. Yooa fits this type of song perfectly. Her voice just went so well with it.
Checkmate (9/10)
This was one of the few songs I already knew of Oh My Girl before I started listening to their discography so I already knew I liked it. While I’m not always a fan of a more instrumental chorus I think this one was done well and it didn’t become boring. Yooa sticks out to me again in this song, it’s very easy to tell that Seunghee and Hyojung are great vocalists but it’s nice when some of the other girls are able to show off their own skills in the songs. I thought this was the perfect song to end this album with.
-Overall Album Rating : 7.6/10
I really tried to like it I remember this song when it first came out and I was one of the very few people that didn’t really like it and I’m still that way. I like the instrumental and the chorus itself is fine however the biggest reason why I don’t really like it is the transitions between each verse. It just doesn’t all fit smoothly together for me and in the end is just not a song of theirs that I really like.
Shower (7/10)
One of my favorite things about listening to Oh My Girls discography is that their music makes me feel so calm and happy. It may just be the combination of the instrumentals and their beautiful voices but whatever it is it makes for a nice listening experience. There’s nothing in this song that I would say is the ‘best part’ or anything because the entire song is pretty good there wasn’t a moment where I thought a verse felt lackluster to the others. It was a nice song to listen to and one that I’ll probably listen to regularly.
Case. No.L5VE (8/10)
Ooh I love the opening of this song with the piano and the snaps as the girls are singing, it went really with Mimi’s rapping and came together smoothly with the chorus. The instrumental is definitely one of my favorite things about the song it’s interesting listening to how it changes throughout the song and is able to put a variety of sounds together and make them work as well as they did. I loved Seunghee’s voice in this song and Mimi’s rapping was good as well.
Tic Toc (9/10)
I really like Mimi’s rap verse
Gravity (9/10)
This must be what angels sound like
Crime Scene (6/10)
I love how with all the other songs I was raving about their instrumentals but this one was sending me into a state of confusion lol. I really didn’t know what to think of it at first. It was one of those cases where I felt like the instrumental and singing were clashing together. This may just be a problem with me because sometimes I get overwhelmed when I hear certain noises so I immediately sort of reject it. The song personally just felt a little off to me.
Underwater Love (6/10)
I unfortunately felt a little bored while listening to this song. There wasn’t a particular reason why I just felt myself having trouble concentrating on it.
Vogue (9/10)
Can Oh My Girl please do a whole concept like this song, I need it, K-pop needs it
Checkmate (9/10)
This was one of the few songs I already knew of Oh My Girl before I started listening to their discography so I already knew I liked it. While I’m not always a fan of a more instrumental chorus I think this one was done well and it didn’t become boring. Yooa sticks out to me again in this song, it’s very easy to tell that Seunghee and Hyojung are great vocalists but it’s nice when some of the other girls are able to show off their own skills in the songs. I thought this was the perfect song to end this album with.
-Overall Album Rating : 7.6/10
Fall in Love (Repackage Album)
Bungee (Fall in Love) (8/10)
Tropical Love (7/10)
The Fifth Season (SSFWL) (6/10)
Shower (7/10)
Case No.L5VE (8/10)
Tic Toc (9/10)
Gravity (9/10)
Crime Scene (6/10)
Underwater Love (6/10)
Vogue (9/10)
Checkmate (9/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.6/10
Queendom Single
Guerilla (10/10)
___________________
Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…
- I already knew this before I started listening to more of their music but, vocals, vocals, VOCALS. If I had the voices of any of the girls I would sing myself to sleep at night.
- There’s many different sounds that they can pull off. I think they do have a signature vibe to them but they’re still able to experiment with their music through their b-sides and it was one of my favorite things about them. You have such different types of songs like Sugar Baby, Closer, Vogue, and I Found Love.
And we'll end with dislikes
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)
- I felt like a chunk of their songs didn’t need a rap verse. It felt awkward and out of place many times to me. I think Mimi’s raps can sound fine sometimes but she has a good enough voice that she could just be another vocalist and I wouldn’t really mind. Oh My Girl could easily just be a vocal group.
Final Thoughts
Before I get into my Final thoughts I felt like I should at least mention Jine once since she was part of the group for some time, I did like her voice in their songs and I would have loved to see how she would have played a part in their current songs. I do hope that she’s been able to heal since leaving the group.
I think I would consider this to be one of my favorite discographies I’ve listened to since starting these threads, no I didn’t love every song I actually think I gave quite a few of their tracks a 6/10 but I really loved the experience. I find their music relaxing to listen to, they have some powerful vocalists, b-sides that could easily be considered title track worthy, and a certain identity to them that I feel like a lot of groups are lacking nowadays. They’re a girl group that I’ll make sure to keep up with on their releases. Some of my favorite songs from them are Closer, Twilight, Secret Garden, Vogue, I Found Love, and One Step Two Steps.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this thread
Tag List
@Neckologist @Sappho @Tpse @mirella @kuro @Panda @arieam @Jungkook @JJbaker @TwentyOneIzz
Bye, bye!
Last edited: