COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I Listened to Super Junior's Entire Discography... (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Super Junior GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Since Super Junior has so many sub-units I decided to just focus on the main groups discography, I plan on checking out a few of the sub-units in the future. Solo projects, OST's and Japanese versions of an already released song I chose to leave out as well. Like always I listened to their songs in order of release, rated them on a scale of 1-10 and with some albums I went into more of my thoughts about the songs (I repeated myself a lot this time so please forgive me). At the end of the thread I'll tell you the things I liked/disliked and overall thoughts. Please remember this is just my opinion and I do this for fun.

Super Junior 05 (Full Album)
Miracle (8/10)
Twins (Knock Out) (5/10)
You Are the One (6/10)
Rock This House (6/10)
Way for Love (5/10)
So I (7/10)
Over (5/10)
Keep In Touch (6/10)
L.O.V.E (8/10)
Believe (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.1/10

U (Single)
U (6/10)
Endless Moment (4/10)
Lovely Day (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 5/10

Don’t Don (Full Album)
Don’t Don (5/10)
Sapphire Blue (6/10)
You’re My Endless Love (6/10)
Hate U, Love U (5/10)
Disco Drive (6/10)
Marry U (6/10)
I Am (6/10)
She’s Gone (9/10)
Missin’ U (6/10)
Mirror (6/10)
Our Love (5/10)
Midnight Fantasy (5/10)
Thank You (5/10)
Song for You (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 5.8/10

Sorry, Sorry (Full Album) |Review|
Sorry, Sorry (9/10)
Ah yay now we’re starting to get songs I’m familiar with. I’ve always liked this and I think it only staggers for me during the bridge when they’re singing ‘Let’s Dance’ but it picks up quickly after that. For me personally this is one of the songs I think that uses autotune in the way that I like it, to me I don’t find it annoying and I think it makes the song better.

Why I Like You (9/10)
I just took a trip down memory lane :maheart: this literally almost made me teary eyed because it reminded me of music I used to listen to with my friends when I was younger. It made me really happy lol. The song is mainly carried by this constant snapping with a few synths and guitar I think (I’m probably wrong I know nothing about music that’s just what it sounds like lol). I was expecting to not like it when it first started but I was pleasantly surprised.

Let’s Not… (7/10)
Well that’s a sad song… I loved the violin the second it started I was completely immersed in the song and I loved Yesung’s voice so much in this track. It just didn’t wow me which is why it’s only at a 7.

Angela (6/10)
I don’t really know how to feel I personally only liked the chorus in this song the verses were fine but every time it switched from chorus to verse I would get a little bored.

Reset (5/10)

:nekosweat: I don’t think this song is necessarily bad it's just not something I would listen to. I also have noticed that I don’t like their rapping, it just sounds so out of place to me.

Monster (7/10)
That bridge hit me deep within my soul! At first I thought I wouldn’t like this song but as it progressed it kept growing on me and by the end I was sold. It fits this time in Kpop sound wise and is a good side track that doesn’t seem just like another filler. Ryeowook’s voice went really well with this, his voice always sticks out to me but with this one I felt like he was the one that fit it best.

What If (8/10)
Can I marry Yesung’s voice? (or just him would be fine ) I’m not going to lie when I first started this song and realized it was going to be a ballad I was kind of disappointed because the majority of their ballads so far I don’t like very much. But, this one was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn’t say it’s a ballad that’s unique or anything but their voices are what makes it so good. Again… Can I please marry Yesung? :sakUwu:

Heartquake (ft. U-Know and Micky) (8/10)
Why has nobody ever mentioned this song to me before? :nekopout: This song took me by surprise like the last one because I wasn’t expecting to like it as it first started but I think so far it’s one of their best songs off the album. Also can I marry Yesung please?

Club No.1 ft Yeonhee Lee (7/10)
I liked it but I was expecting just a little bit more from the chorus. I feel like the best parts were the verses and the chorus felt like it lost the flare from the verses. I'm also not sure that I really like Yeonhee’s part in it.

Happy Together (6/10)
I can see this song being a track by them that a lot of their fans would listen to when having a rough day, the lyrics are very uplifting and help you feel like you’re not alone. The song itself again I didn’t think it was bad it's just unfortunately not a song I would ever go out of my way to listen to. I can definitely see a lot of their fans loving this though.

Dead At Heart (6/10)
Well… That’s a depressing song. I didn’t necessarily dislike this song; it definitely was one of those songs that tell a story and I was really into the story but I really only fell in love with the song during the chorus. The rest while good I don’t think I would enjoy it as much if I’m not reading the lyrics while listening to it. I hope that makes sense.

Shining Star (5/10)
I don’t know what to really say. I felt like this song was just a little boring compared to some of the other songs in this album unfortunately.

-Overall Album Rating : 6.9/10

Sorry Sorry Repackage (Album)
She Wants It (7/10)
It’s You(9/10)
Love Disease (7/10)
Love U More (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10

Bonamana (Album)
Bonamana (6/10)
Boom Boom (6/10)
Coagulation (5/10)
Your Eyes (6/10)
My Only Girl (6/10)
Shake It Up! (7/10)
In My Dream (6/10)
One Fine Spring Day (6/10)
Good Person (6/10)
Here We Go (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6/10

Bonamana (Repackaged Album)
Bonamana (6/10)
No Other (6/10)
Shake It Up |Remix Ver.| (7/10)
All My Heart (7/10)
A Short Journey (6/10)
Boom Boom (6/10)
Coagulation (5/10)
Your Eyes (6/10)
My Only Girl (6/10)
Shake It Up (7/10)
In My Dream (6/10)
One Fine Spring Day (6/10)
Good Person (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.1/10

Mr. Simple (Album)
Mr. Simple (7/10)
Opera (6/10)
Be My Girl (5/10)
Walkin’ (6/10)
Storm (5/10)
Good Friends (4/10)
Feels Good (7/10)
Memories (7/10)
Sunflower (6/10)
White Christmas (5/10)
Y (6/10)
My Love, My Kiss, My Heart (8/10)

Mr Simple (B Version)
Superman (6/10)
Mr. Simple (7/10)
Opera (6/10)
Be My Girl (5/10)
Walkin’ (6/10)
Storm (5/10)
Good Friends (4/10)
Feels Good (7/10)
Memories (7/10)
Sunflower (6/10)
White Christmas (5/10)
Y (6/10)

A-CHA (Mr Simple) |Repackage Album|
Superman (6/10)
A-CHA(6/10)
Mr. Simple (7/10)
Oops!! (ft. f(x)) (7/10)
A Day (5/10)
Andante (7/10)
Opera (6/10)
Be My Girl (5/10)
Walkin’ (6/10)
Storm (5/10)
Good Friends (4/10)
Feels Good (7/10)
Memories (7/10)
Sunflower (6/10)
White Christmas (5/10)
Y (6/10)

Mr. Simple (Japanese Ver.)
Mr. Simple (Japanese Ver.)(7/10)
Snow White (7/10)
Mr. Simple (Korean Ver.) (7/10)
-Overall Rating : 7/10

Opera (Japanese Ver.)
Opera (6/10)
Way (6/10)

Sexy, Free & Single (Full Album) |Review|
Sexy, Free & Single (7/10)
This is my first time ever actually listening to this song :facepalm:. It was okay I liked it the more it progressed Idk why but I guess I was expecting it to sound similar to one of History’s title tracks (again idk why lol). To me this felt like a song that you would promote with a title track, not the title track itself. It felt very empty and lacking to me. I think I just expected too much.

From U (6/10)
A cute fan song that I’m sure many ELF’s adore. The chorus is catchy and definitely my favorite part but I just found myself not really into the rest of the song.

Now (5/10)
I personally don’t have much to say other than I’m unfortunately just not a fan of this song. I think the only part the really stuck out to me was Yesungs verse (because I love this man). I really thought I was going to like it though, the first few seconds I enjoyed but it just went in a direction that I didn’t like.

Rockstar (6/10)
Siwons ‘I’m so hot’ line had me dying :lisalaugh: I feel so bad to say this but the only reason I gave this song a 6/10 is for the very catchy pre-chorus everything else I just thought was again, unfortunately not for me.

Gulliver (5/10)
I-I don’t even know what to say other than that I personally didn’t like this song.

Someday (6/10)
This song didn’t completely grab me until near the end, it felt like one of those songs that’s telling a story (it kept me excited to hear how it would end). I can’t say that I liked it necessarily but I didn’t hate it either.

Bittersweet (7/10)
I liked it it didn’t wow me or anything but parts of it reminded me of It’s You which is one of my favorites from them. It’s Super Junior’s vocal line so obviously beautiful voices as well.

Butterfly (7/10)
My favorite so far from this album. Ryeowook’s voice fit perfectly with this song, I honestly wish he had just a lil’ more lines. But I really did like it it was catchy and I honestly sort of wish it was the title lol.

Daydream (8/10)
I always watch lyric videos when I do these discography listens and the one I was watching just had the lyrics and didn’t specify who was singing, but my Yesung loving heart knew immediately when it was his verse :maheart:. I’m proud of myself. While I do think this was a ballad that might bore others I found parts of it unique and very captivating.

A ‘Good’bye (7/10)
Hmm, this song left me feeling very confused about my feelings for it. I for a while thought I’d give it a 8/10 but decided on 7/10 because even though I did like it, I think I was more in love with how this song changed through each verse and chorus (mainly the chorus). I expected it to be a very slow song and while it was slow it also wasn’t… It felt like a slow song that wanted to break out and be slightly upbeat but didn’t completely reach it and yeah… (Idk where I was going with that lol)

-Overall Album Rating : 6.4/10

SPY (Repackage Album)
Sexy, Free & Single (7/10)
SPY (5/10)
From U (6/10)
Outsider (6/10)
Only U (6/10)
HARU (8/10)
Now (5/10)
Rockstar (6/10)
Guillver (5/10)
Someday (6/10)
Bittersweet (7/10)
Butterfly (7/10)
Daydream (8/10)
A ‘Good’ Bye (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.3/10

Hero (Album)
(I only listened to the songs that I already haven’t listened to, so I didn’t do an ‘Overall rating’ for this one. I personally never really like different versions of a previously released song so I left the Japanese versions out as well..)
Bambina (6/10)
Tuxedo (7/10)
Hero (5/10)

Blue World (Single)
Blue World (5/10)
Candy (7/10)

Mamacita (Full Album)
Mamacita (7/10)
Midnight Blues (9/10)
Evanesce (8/10)
Raining Spell For Love (6/10)
Shirt (6/10)
This is Love (5/10)
Let’s Dance (7/10)
Too Many Beautiful Girls (7/10)
Mid-Season (5/10)
Islands (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.5/10

This is Love (Special Edition)
This is Love (5/10)
Hit Me Up (6/10)
Mamacita (7/10)
Midnight Blues (9/10)
Don’t Leave Me (8/10)
...ing (5/10)
Evanesce (8/10)
Raining Spell For Love (6/10)
Shirt (6/10)
Let’s Dance (7/10)
Too Many Beautiful Girls (7/10)
Mid-Season (5/10)
Islands (5/10)

Mamacita (Japanese Ver.)

(again I only listened to the song I haven’t heard already)
Lunar Eclipse (7/10)

Devil (Full Album) |Review|
Devil (7/10)
Finally a lighter concept! (After 10 years) My heart is so happy! I liked the entire song but I wasn’t amazed by it the verses were my favorite part while the chorus I could see myself getting bored of a little quickly. I can’t point out a part that I thought was necessarily bad; it just wasn’t a 10/10 song for me.

Simply Beautiful (6/10)
I wanted to like this one and for the first minute It had my attention but I quickly became bored with it.

Stars Appear… (7/10)
I was considering giving this a 6/10 but I did like it, It’s just not a song that I would go out of my way to listen to if I were to want to listen to SUJU. It shows all the members' voices well but it’s not my favorite from them.

Good Love (8/10)
Forgive me for anyone who enjoys there rapping but I think this was the first song that I’ve actually enjoyed the rap part :jisoosmh:. This was a very smoooooth song, all the members' voices fit really well with this type of song and I really enjoyed it.

We Can (K.R.Y)(6/10)
For me personally I just liked the chorus and the verses were just okay to me. I would consider this one as not my kind of ballad unfortunately, it would become pretty boring to me the more I listened to it.

Don’t Wake Me Up (D&E)(7/10)
Ooh, I don’t know what I was expecting with this song but this wasn’t it, but I did enjoy it. I loved how light it was Eunhyuk’s rap verse I really liked as well.

Love At First Sight (Suju-T)(6/10)
Heechul’s verse :haylul: I liked the route they were trying to take with this song but for me personally I didn’t like this particular sound for them.

Forever With You (Suju-M)(5/10)
This song reminds me of something else and it’s on the tip of my tongue but I can’t figure out what it is :llama_shook:. I liked the way that some of the members sang at a higher pitch, it’s what I remember most of the song. Unfortunately it again just wasn’t something that I personally enjoyed.

Rock’n Shine (6/10)
I never know what to say besides the same things that I’ve mentioned above. Forgive me for repeating myself. The song just isn’t for me, I don’t really like the way they did the chorus and other chanting parts. I liked the verses but the chorus just gave it sort of a bland feeling to me.

Alright (6/10)
A cute song for their fans, it honestly still shocks me that they’ve been around for so long. I don’t think the song was bad in fact I really like a few verses but It’s just not something I would go out of my way to listen to...

Magic (Repackage Album)
Magic (7/10)
Devil (7/10)
Simply Beautiful (6/10)
You Got it (4/10)
Dorothy (6/10)
Love (8/10)
Stars Appear (7/10)
Good Love (8/10)
We Can (6/10)
Don’t Wake Me Up (7/10)
Love At First Sight (6/10)
Forever With You (5/10)
Rock’n Shine (6/10)
Alright (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.3/10

Play (Full Album)
One More Chance (8/10)
Black Suit (10/10)
Scene Stealer (7/10)
Good Day for A Good Day (8/10)
Runaway (7/10)
The Lucky Ones (6/10)
Girlfriend (6/10)
Spin Up! (8/10)
Too Late (6/10)
I Do (8/10)
- Overall Album Rating : 7.4/10

Super Duper (Single)
Super Duper (4/10)

Replay (Repackage Album)
Lo Siento |Ft. Leslie Grace| (9/10)
Me & U (6/10)
Super Duper (4/10)
Hug (6/10)
Lo Siento |Ft. Kard| (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.6/10

One More Time (Mini Album)
One More Time (Otra Vez) (Ft. Reik) (9/10)
One More Time (Otra Vez) (SJ Ver.) (8/10)
Animals (7/10)
Ahora Te Puedes Marchar (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.5/10

One More Time (Japanese Mini Album)
One More Time (Otra Vez) (Ft. Reik) (9/10)
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! (6/10)
Make You Smile (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.6/10

Time_Slip (Full Album)
The Crown (9/10)
SUPER Clap (9/10)
I Think I (6/10)
Game (7/10)
Somebody New (6/10)
Skydive (6/10)
Heads Up (6/10)
Stay With Me (5/10)
No Drama (5/10)
Show (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.5/10

Timeless (Repackage Album)
2YA2YAO! (6/10)
The Crown (9/10)
Ticky Tocky (6/10)
Shadow (6/10)
Super Clap (9/10)
I Think I (6/10)
Game (7/10)
Somebody New (6/10)
Skydive (6/10)
Heads Up (6/10)
Stay With Me (5/10)
Rock Your Body (5/10)
No Drama (5/10)
Show (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.2/10

super junior it's you gif | WiffleGif

Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…
  1. The vocal line. They have such lovely voices especially my man (lookin’ at you Yesung).

And we'll end with dislikes
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)
  1. Their rapping just wasn’t something I enjoyed, I would often go into songs hoping that there would be no rap verse. It got better as the years went by but especially their earlier rapping I just don’t like at all.

Final Thoughts
My final thoughts… *sigh* If I’m honest this was probably my least favorite ‘I listened to ________ entire discography’ that I’ve done so far. SUJU’s music was very hit or miss for me and that’s what made it take so long for me to finish listening to their music (4 months). A lot of their music just wasn’t what I personally enjoy. That’s not to say that I hated listening to their music because I did find a few songs that I’ve added to my playlist, they’ve experimented through the years and the vocal line is great. I recognize the impact they’ve made in Kpop, they’ve achieved and continue to achieve so much for such a long running group and it’s great to see. Kpop wouldn’t be where it is without them. My favorite songs from them are: It’s You, Sorry, Sorry, The Crown, Black Suit, Otra Vez and She’s Gone.

Guess The Kpop MV Starting With 'O' Quiz - By alexbts

Thank you for taking the time to read (or even skim through this thread) :nekolove:. If you'd like to be tagged in future threads like these just let me know in the comments below and I shall add you. I go back and forth with female and male Kpop artists so there will always be something for everyone. The next group I'll be listening to is... AOA!!

:rjbow::rjbow::rjbow:

Tag List

@Neckologist @Persephone @Tpse @mirella @kuro @Panda @arieam @Jungkook @JJbaker @TwentyOneJunhui @vogue

Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I will probably make such a thing with Japanese artists. :sanapray:
If you do would you mind tagging me? I've always been curious with Jpop but never knew where to begin.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
ayy I missed these threads

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
super junior is one of the groups i could never get into, growing pains by super junior d&e is one of my favourite k-pop songs of all time but as a full group their music is not my thing at all. it was a very interesting read though! it would be great if you could tag me in threads like this one :sanapray:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
super junior is one of the groups i could never get into, growing pains by super junior d&e is one of my favourite k-pop songs of all time but as a full group their music is not my thing at all. it was a very interesting read though! it would be great if you could tag me in threads like this one :sanapray:
I feel the same, Growing Pains is one of my favorites as well.

I’ll be sure to add you to the tag list. :pikahappy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread