I Listened to Taeyeon's Entire Discography... (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Image result for taeyeon why gif



So what I do is listen to the discography in order of release only including the Korean and Japanese releases (leaving out OST’s) and rate them. For certain albums I go more in depth about my thoughts, although just remember I know nothing about music and I basically repeat myself over and over again. At the end I’ll talk about what I liked and disliked then my overall thoughts. Just please remember this is all my opinion and in no way do you have to agree with me.

___________________

2015

I (EP)
I (9/10)
U R (9/10)
Gemini (6/10)
Stress (8/10)
Farewell (5/10)
-Overall Album Rating : (7.4/10)


__________________

2016


Rain (Single)
Rain (8/10)
Secret (9/10)


Why (EP)
Why (9/10)
Starlight (6/10)
Fashion (7/10)
Hands On Me (7/10)
Up & Down (7/10)
Good Thing (8/10)
Night (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : (7.2/10)


11:11 (Single)
11:11 (8/10)

_____________________


2017

Fine (10/10)
This is one of her songs that I knew before listening to her discography and it always hits me in the feels. I personally have never been in a relationship myself but when reading the lyrics to the song it did remind me of a guy I did care for a lot. It definitely has this raw sort of helpless feeling in it and those are the type of songs that stick with me most. This is definitely one of my favorites from Taeyeon.

Cover Up (8/10)
The only thing keeping this from being a 9/10 is the first chorus, it was sort of underwhelming but the following chorus’ were a lot more fitting to the song to me and the song continued to get better as it continued.

Feel So Fine (7/10)
It took a few listens for me to decide on how high I wanted to rate this song because it took me a while to actually get into it and I felt like when I’m just starting to get into the song it ends which is why it’s rated 7/10. I still liked it I just don’t think it’s as strong as the other songs before it.

I Got Love (8/10)
I remember when I first got into Kpop I heard this song one time but I could never remember what it was called so I could never find it but now I have rediscovered it! :queen: It’s a lot different from her other stuff that I listened to so far but I think that’s why I like it so much It’s also a very addicting song.

I’m OK (6/10)
I don’t have much to say other than I couldn’t really get into this song very much I kept getting distracted most of the time besides during the chorus.

Time Lapse (10/10)
I didn’t want this song to end :bigcatcry: it was so beautiful! I’m literally speechless… This is another favorite of mine from Taeyeon she sounded beautiful and just the way the song kept getting heavier with emotions was so wonderful.

Sweet Love (6/10)
So this was similar to how I felt about I’m Ok I didn’t necessarily dislike it but I just couldn’t immerse myself in the song when it was time for the chorus. I liked the verses but I became disinterested each time the chorus happened.

When I Was Young (7/10)
I feel like this should be part of a soundtrack for a movie in the 90’s… I liked the song, it was a simple ballad but thankfully it didn’t drag out and wasn’t uninteresting to listen to in my opinion. I don’t think it sticks out as much as her other songs on this album but I still enjoyed it!

Lonely Night (6/10)
I was really torn on what to rate this song I almost gave it a 7/10 because the last minute of the song had really pulled me in but I gave it a 6 instead because the majority of the rest of the song was just alright to me.

Love in Color (6/10)
This was really pretty but I feel like the song didn’t really go anywhere it sort of sounded repetitive and like I was listening to the same part over and over again. I wish I liked it but it just didn't click with me.

Fire (8/10)
Ooooh I really liked this song. Idk why but I’m running out of things to say about her songs :facepalm: I did like it though (I just don’t know what to say lol) 😴

Eraser (9/10)
This was a great end to this album I’m glad it didn’t end on another ballad. It offered another different side from Taeyeon and she killed it for me. I loved the entire sound of the song and she sounded great as always if only it was just a lil’ bit longer.

-Overall Album Rating : 7.6/10

My Voice (Deluxe Edition)
Make Me Love You (10/10)
Fine (10/10)
Cover Up (8/10)
Feel So Fine (7/10)
I Got Love (8/10)
I’m OK (6/10)
Time Lapse (10/10)
Sweet Love (6/10)
When I Was Young (7/10)
I Blame On You (10/10)
Lonely Night (6/10)
11:11 (8/10)
Love In Color (6/10)
Fire (8/10)
Eraser (9/10)
Curtain Call (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.8/10


This Christmas: Winter is Coming (EP)
The Magic of Christmas (8/10)
This Christmas (6/10)
Let it Snow (5/10)
Candy Cane (8/10)
Christmas Without You (8/10)
Shhhh (6/10)
I’m All Ears (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.5/10


_____________________


2018


Something New (EP)
Something New (8/10)
All Night Long |ft. Lucas| (7/10)
Baram X 3 (8/10)
One Day (6/10)
Circus (9/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.6/10


Stay (Single)
Stay (8/10)
I’m The Greatest (10/10)


Page 0 (Single)|Taeyeon & Melomance|
Page 0 (8/10)

__________________

2019

Four Seasons (Single)
Blue (7/10)
Four Seasons (6/10)


Voice (EP)
Voice (9/10)
I Found You (8/10)
Horizon (7/10)
Vanilla (7/10)
Turnt and Burnt (8/10)
Signal (6/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.5/10



Image result for taeyeon i got love gif


Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…
​
  1. Taeyeon has a very beautiful voice I already knew before looking into her music but as I was listening to more of her songs I was constantly blown away by her.​
  2. She does ballads really well, there were a few that I wasn’t that big of a fan of however the majority were relatively enjoyable and didn’t become boring.​

And we'll end with dislikes
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)
​
  1. My only dislike is that I felt like Taeyeon’s music is slightly predictable and at times because I knew what to expect from her I got a little bored near the end (I'm not saying her music is bad because I really like her songs, some artists just have their own sound and Taeyeon usually sticks within the ballad genre the majority of the time).​

Final Thoughts

I actually was a little nervous to start listening to her discography because of the hype surrounding Taeyeon’s music, but I wasn’t disappointed by it at all. Taeyeon has a lovely voice and in my opinion she’s one of the strongest vocalists currently in K-pop. Some of my favorite songs from her is I Blame on You (A masterpiece), Eraser, Fine, and I’m the Greatest. Her songs made me feel sentimental... I even cried a few times when reading the lyrics to some of her songs and I consider anything good if it makes me cry (a good kind of cry obviously lol).



Image result for taeyeon why gif



If you read (or skimmed) this far then thank you so much. :rjbow:


Tag List
If you'd like to be added (or taken off) the tag list just let me know in the comments and I shall do it (I'm planning on going back and forth between male and female artists so there should always be a little something for everyone). The next artist will be NCT which I'm really excited about.



​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:sanapray: seems like a fair and honest raiting
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Looks like I gotta give My Voice a listen :maheart:
Please tag me as well~ :3
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Wow you basically enjoyed all the songs that I did. I agree with your small criticism and I´m glad you gave her discography a try :maheart:
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
I'll not criticize you for your critics about her discography
Because even as a sone i know taeyeon excelled as a vocalist in ballad and that her song don't sound the same
But i would love to see her step out of her comfort zone for one of her next bsides if she don't want to take too much risk
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
tag me please

and you have taste :sanapray:
tag me for the NCT review

Looks like I gotta give My Voice a listen :maheart:
Please tag me as well~ :3
I'll make sure to add you guys to the tag list :bigcatlove:

tag me please :)
this was a good review. i agree with most things but
please listen to my fave song when i was young again :maheart:
Since you said please I'll give it another listen lol

I'll be sure to add you to the tag list :pikahappy:
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Another great review!
I'm surprised you rated why so high, I think it's her worst song lol.

I'm anticipating your next review! I can't wait to see what you think of Ncts best ep limitless.
:queen:


​
I remember a few years ago I had heard it and didn't like the song but when listening to it again it really surprised me, I guess my taste in music changed slightly :llama_laugh:

I hope I like their music I'm a little nervous since I've heard people talk about how experimental they are but I've liked a few of their songs in the past and really, really loved Boom by NCT Dream.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yesss

I'm glad you gave her songs a try^^
She really is a goddess

:bigcatlove:


Please Tag me if you do more of these reviews
They sound fun
:llama_ramen:
Her voice is amazing :pandaamazed:

I'll be sure to add you to the tag list :nekolove:
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Jungkook

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Purpose review might be added soon, right ?
Is that her new album that's going to come out soon?

When I do listen to it I most likely won't add onto this thread, these are sort of just me listening to all of the artists released songs at that current time. But I'll definitely be listening to her new stuff for sure.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Is that her new album that's going to come out soon?

When I do listen to it I most likely won't add onto this thread, these are sort of just me listening to all of the artists released songs at that current time. But I'll definitely be listening to her new stuff for sure.
Yes It is !
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread