I Listened to Victon's Entire Discography... (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Image result for Victon gif


This took me almost 2 and a half months to do… Victon only has like 30 songs! It should not have taken me that long :jisoosmh: Hopefully I’ll be able to be more consistent with these in the future.

For Victon’s discography I only listened to their Korean releases, any OST’s, and solo projects I chose to leave out. I rated their songs on a 1 - 10 scale and at the end of this thread I’ll talk about what I liked & disliked then my overall thoughts. This is all just my opinion and I do these for fun, my goal is to be more open to listening to other groups’ music and share my thoughts with you all. Feel free to talk about your favorite songs from Victon in this thread as well, I would love to hear all of your guys' favorites.


_____________

2016

Voice to New World (Mini Album)
What Time Is It now? (7/10)
I’m Fine (7/10)
Beautiful (6/10)
Your Smile and You (7/10)
The Chemistry (8/10)
Begin Again (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10


____________________

2017

Ready (Mini Album)
Eyez Eyez (6/10)
In the Air (6/10)
Blank (6/10)
My Bad (6/10)
Sunrise (8/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 6.4/10

Oasis (Single)
Oasis Ft. Huh Gak, and Apink (8/10)

Identity (Mini Album)
Unbelievable (7/10)
Stay With Me (7/10)
Slow Goodbye (8/10)
Flower (6/10)
Light (7/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7/10

From. Victon (Mini Album)
Remember Me (9/10)
Because of You (8/10)
Have a Good Night (Stage Ver.) (5/10)
Stay With Me (6/10)
Timeline (7/10)
Remember Me (Acoustic Ver.) (9/10)
-Overall Album Rating : 7.3/10


2018

Time of Sorrow (Single)
Time of Sorrow (8/10)


___________________

2019



Nostalgia (Mini Album)

Nostalgic Night (8/10)
I feel like this is too short I always seem to get the most immersed into the song near the end and then the song just comes to a close and I’m sad lol. Nostalgic Night sort of keeps the sentimental feeling that Time of Sorrow had which I like because you don’t hear too many title songs that are more on the sentimental side. I think this song combines all of their voices really well, Seungsik is definitely the one that sticks out to me the most with his singing and I also really liked that Subin rapped in the song as well. The only thing I wish for is that they would have changed the instrumental slightly in the chorus so it didn’t become repetitive but I still enjoyed the song.

New World (7/10)

:llama_shook:Hanse really came through with that rap… You go boy spit that fire! :bigcatclap: I liked the overall feeling of this song, I think the main thing that keeps me from rating it any higher is that the chorus was a little underwhelming to me compared to the verses.

Farewell (8/10)
The lyrics are sweet but also kind of sad I don’t know how to feel! I think this is a perfect example of all the members (minus Seungwoo since at this time he was promoting in X1) voices mixing so well together. I think my favorite thing about this song was the instrumental and it added a kind of yearning to it.

Here I Am (6/10)
I feel like a lot of these songs have been directed towards their fans (or Seungwoo maybe) and even if they’re not I still think that these lyrics are very sweet and could be very comforting to a lot of people. Unfortunately with this song I wasn’t as into it as I was with the previous ones I think I just felt like something was missing.

Hands Up (7/10)
This had a lot of potential to be my favorite song off of this mini album, I loved the verses, Hanse rap was so good but… I really don’t like that instrumental drop. The second I heard it I was really disappointed because I really do love the rest of the song besides those instrumental parts. I feel so conflicted :facepalm:

-Overall Album Rating : 7.2/10



_______________________

Image result for victon nostalgic night gif




Likes/Dislikes
Let’s begin with what I liked…​
  1. I usually am not the biggest fan of most nasally voice rappers but I really liked Hanse’s rapping, a lot of his parts were actually my favorite verses in the songs. So that was a pleasant surprise.​
  2. All of the members' voices combined sound really good together I feel like some groups at times their voices might clash but I thought they all fit really well together.​

And we'll end with dislikes
(Again please remember this is just my opinion.)​
  1. This is sort of a dislike but also not... But I preferred Seungwoo’s singing over his rapping. I didn’t dislike his rapping but if you give me the choice I would choose his singing over his rapping. It’s what made me so interested in him during Produce.​
______________

Final Thoughts
Victon is a group that I have a difficult time placing... I recognize that I like their songs but at the same time some just aren’t songs that I would listen to very much for me personally. I don’t think any of their songs are bad but just some aren’t really my cup of tea. I would however recommend them to people looking for a boy group to listen to because I do think people would like them if they give Victon a chance. If you compare Victons most recent mini album to their first I think you can really see the growth in their music and with the members skills as well. This is a little random but I would really love to see them do a concept where they incorporate things from their Korean culture, I think they would do amazing with something like that. To bring this to a close I enjoyed my time listening to their music even if every song is not my style I still had fun with it and I was pleasantly surprised by Hanse. My favorite songs from them are: Remember Me, Sunrise, Nostalgic Night and Farewell.

Image result for victon time of sorrow gif



If you made it this far thank you so much for letting me waste your time with my nonsense :pikadab:If you’d like to be tagged for future threads like this just let me know in the comments and I shall add you. I go back and forth between male and female artists, the next artist will be Oh My Girl (I’m really excited for it!).

:rjbow:


Tag List
(Please tell me if you change your username or would like to be taken off of the tag list)


Okay bye, bye! :llama_wave:
​
 
Last edited:

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
It makes me happy to see more people taking the time to get to know them!! They’re really a group worth checking out. Also, I agree with you 100% about Hanse’s rapping. His voice is not the type I would typically enjoy, but he just does so well that I love his lines and voice so much now.

Oh, and I’d love to be tagged in future threads like this.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It makes me happy to see more people taking the time to get to know them!! They’re really a group worth checking out. Also, I agree with you 100% about Hanse’s rapping. His voice is not the type I would typically enjoy, but he just does so well that I love his lines and voice so much now.

Oh, and I’d love to be tagged in future threads like this.
I really loved listening to their music, I’ve actually had a lot of their songs on repeat recently. I was so in love with Hanse’s parts that I’m actually watching one of their variety shows right now because I wanted to learn about him and the other members.
:pandalove:

I’ll add you to the tag list :pikahappy:



Yes Remember Me slay.
Can't wait to see what you think about their new comeback in March.
vickibong_clown.png
But also I am devastated that here I am got a 6/10 :pepecry2:
​
I’m really interested in seeing what they’ll put out for sure!

I wish I liked Here I Am :jisoosmh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread