- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
Yup, even I’m surprised that I did it. I feel accomplished! But you’re probably wondering: “ @Wingfrost why?", and my answer is: I- I was bored… AND I’ve had many people tell me that I should check out their music. I also really wanted to start doing this as a regular thing, listening to other groups/solo artists discography and sharing my thoughts with everyone.
So how I basically did this is I listened to Vixx’s entire discography (minus the instrumentals & intros), rated the songs as I listened and with some albums I went in more depth with my thoughts (please remember I literally know zero about music so I suck at explaining my thoughts on songs lol) After the rating of their music I basically will talk about some things that I liked/disliked while listening to their music (It’s just my opinion so you don’t have to agree). And then finally my overall thoughts.
Quick Side Note: I only listened to the groups discography, any unit groups or solo activities I left out. I also only included their Korean releases.
_______________________
2012
Super Hero (Single Album)
Super Hero (6/10)
Starlight (4/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (5/10)Rock Ur Body (Single Album)
Rock Ur Body (7/10)
UUUUU (2/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (4.5/10)
______________________
2013
On and On (Single Album)
On and On (5/10)
I Don’t Want To Be An Idol (7/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (6/10)
Hyde (EP)
Light Me Up (5/10)
Hyde (5/10)
You’re Mine (3/10)
Chaos (8/10)
Love Letter (8/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (5.8/10)
Jekyll (Repackaged Album)
G.R.8.U (8/10)
Say Love (9/10)
Light Me Up (5/10)
Hyde (5/10)
You’re Mine (3/10)
Chaos (8/10)
Love Letter (8/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (6.5/10)
Voodoo (Album)
|Title| Voodoo Doll (8/10)
This is the kind of sound I think of when thinking of Vixx, it’s haunting and eerie. The members all fit this sound so well but unlike in most of their earlier songs where Leo stands out to me the most, N was the one who I thought shined the most throughout he had such a prominent role in the song. I also loved the overlapping of Ravi’s rap and the vocals as the song progressed.
Beautiful Killer (6/10)
The main reason this is a 6/10 is just because I thought the chorus was pretty underwhelming for me compared to the rest of the song. I also didn’t really like how electronica was put into the song it just made certain parts a little messy. Ravi felt like the star in this song and I thought his parts actually brought the song together.
Someday (2/10)
I liked this song… It just wasn’t very memorable to me. The members all sounded great it’s just the song sort of falls flat compared to other tracks of theirs.
Only U (6/10)
I LOVED the guitar and the whole vibe of this song and even though it’s a 6/10 I think I could grow to like this track a lot more with a few more listens. Ravi has really been capturing more of my attention in this album which I’m pleasantly surprised by.
B.O.D.Y (8/10)
I couldn’t help but laugh at the first line in this song lol… Besides that I do really like this song and I’m sorry to Ravi but Ken has my full attention in this song every time he opens his mouth in this song I just-
I don’t have much else to say, it’s an easy song to get into and it’s definitely one of my favorites from them so far.
Secret Night (9/10)
Well… I didn’t think we would start getting into the questionable lyrics until Chained Up but okay… This song will probably be on repeat for a while I love how it builds up and there really isn’t any part where I felt like it lacked. I just didn’t give it a 10/10 because it didn’t completely blow me away but it is a very, very good song.
Say U Say Me (7/10)
This was such a cute song! I thought it was a nice touch in the instrumental to have video game sounds (look at me sounding like a pro reviewer lol). It was a very different song compared to the rest on the album but I like that Vixx can go back and forth from dark to a more youthful/cute sound.
Love Come True (5/10)
This song was fine, I enjoyed it up until the chorus and then it kind of just becomes sort of forgettable for me... I guess it’s just not the type of chorus I was expecting. But that being said I thought Ken and Leo sounded amazing in this song it was a song that definitely showed off what they’re capable of vocally.
Thank You for Being Born (7/10)
This is such a sweet song!! I really enjoyed hearing them all sing together in one song it was nice to hear Ravi sing in this song and I’m actually really happy there was no rapping as I think that it would have just taken away from it.
Super Hero (6/10)
So I like the chorus of this song A LOT but the majority of the rest of the song is just okay to me. This is also one of their songs where I really don’t like Ravi’s rapping I feel like it takes away from the song rather than adding anything to it.
Rock Ur Body (7/10)
I remember when I was first starting to listen to their discography I thought I wouldn’t like their lighter songs because they appeal to me because of their darker, unique music that I heard before but I fell in love with this song super easy, it’s very catchy and is just really fun to listen to. It’s a 7/10 because I do still prefer their other style over this just a little more.
On and On (5/10)
I feel like this could have been one of my favorites from them but the verses of the song are just very forgettable to me, I only focus on the song when the chorus comes in and that’s it. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately it’s just not my cup of tea.
Hyde (5/10)
This is basically the same case as with ‘On and On’ I felt like I could have liked it it’s just something in the song made it feel like it was missing something and I only really liked one part of the song which is the chorus.
- Overall Album Rating (6.2/10)
|Title| Voodoo Doll (8/10)
This is the kind of sound I think of when thinking of Vixx, it’s haunting and eerie. The members all fit this sound so well but unlike in most of their earlier songs where Leo stands out to me the most, N was the one who I thought shined the most throughout he had such a prominent role in the song. I also loved the overlapping of Ravi’s rap and the vocals as the song progressed.
Beautiful Killer (6/10)
The main reason this is a 6/10 is just because I thought the chorus was pretty underwhelming for me compared to the rest of the song. I also didn’t really like how electronica was put into the song it just made certain parts a little messy. Ravi felt like the star in this song and I thought his parts actually brought the song together.
Someday (2/10)
I liked this song… It just wasn’t very memorable to me. The members all sounded great it’s just the song sort of falls flat compared to other tracks of theirs.
Only U (6/10)
I LOVED the guitar and the whole vibe of this song and even though it’s a 6/10 I think I could grow to like this track a lot more with a few more listens. Ravi has really been capturing more of my attention in this album which I’m pleasantly surprised by.
B.O.D.Y (8/10)
I couldn’t help but laugh at the first line in this song lol… Besides that I do really like this song and I’m sorry to Ravi but Ken has my full attention in this song every time he opens his mouth in this song I just-
Secret Night (9/10)
Well… I didn’t think we would start getting into the questionable lyrics until Chained Up but okay… This song will probably be on repeat for a while I love how it builds up and there really isn’t any part where I felt like it lacked. I just didn’t give it a 10/10 because it didn’t completely blow me away but it is a very, very good song.
Say U Say Me (7/10)
This was such a cute song! I thought it was a nice touch in the instrumental to have video game sounds (look at me sounding like a pro reviewer lol). It was a very different song compared to the rest on the album but I like that Vixx can go back and forth from dark to a more youthful/cute sound.
Love Come True (5/10)
This song was fine, I enjoyed it up until the chorus and then it kind of just becomes sort of forgettable for me... I guess it’s just not the type of chorus I was expecting. But that being said I thought Ken and Leo sounded amazing in this song it was a song that definitely showed off what they’re capable of vocally.
Thank You for Being Born (7/10)
This is such a sweet song!! I really enjoyed hearing them all sing together in one song it was nice to hear Ravi sing in this song and I’m actually really happy there was no rapping as I think that it would have just taken away from it.
Super Hero (6/10)
So I like the chorus of this song A LOT but the majority of the rest of the song is just okay to me. This is also one of their songs where I really don’t like Ravi’s rapping I feel like it takes away from the song rather than adding anything to it.
Rock Ur Body (7/10)
I remember when I was first starting to listen to their discography I thought I wouldn’t like their lighter songs because they appeal to me because of their darker, unique music that I heard before but I fell in love with this song super easy, it’s very catchy and is just really fun to listen to. It’s a 7/10 because I do still prefer their other style over this just a little more.
On and On (5/10)
I feel like this could have been one of my favorites from them but the verses of the song are just very forgettable to me, I only focus on the song when the chorus comes in and that’s it. I really wanted to like it but unfortunately it’s just not my cup of tea.
Hyde (5/10)
This is basically the same case as with ‘On and On’ I felt like I could have liked it it’s just something in the song made it feel like it was missing something and I only really liked one part of the song which is the chorus.
- Overall Album Rating (6.2/10)
__________________
2014
Eternity (Single Album)
Eternity (9/10)
Sad Ending (7/10)
Love, LaLaLa (4/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (6.6/10)
Error (EP)
Error (10/10)
After Dark (8/10)
Blue Blossom/Youth Hurts (8/10)
Time Machine (9/10)
What U Waiting For (8/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (8.6/10)
_______________________
2015
Boys’ Record (Single Album)
Love Equation (5/10)
On a Cold Night (4/10)
Memory (9/10)
- Overall Album Rating : (6/10)
|Title| Chained Up (10/10)
I don’t think I’ve ever seen another group who talks about so many different types of relationships as much as Vixx does, but it’s interesting. I already knew of this song when first listening to their discography I think it was the first song I ever heard from them and I still love it as much as I did then. It has so many amazing parts and is never boring.
Maze (8/10)
I really like this song… For some reason I thought I wouldn’t lol It has all you need to create a good song and while I do think some of their other songs still stand out to me more than this I still found it enjoyable to listen to.
Stop it Girl (4/10)
I didn’t hate this song the chorus was good and I really liked Leo’s voice in this song a lot (I always like his voice but whatever...) It’s just it didn’t stand out to me and probably isn’t a song from them that I’ll listen to again.
Hot Enough (9/10)
..... These lyrics ….. And Ravi helped write them… INTERESTING… Anyways! I did really enjoy this and loved the vibe of the song and everything just sounded amazing, plus Leo’s highnote at the end was spot on. All of the members delivered in this song.
Spider (8/10)
‘The moment you-’ Nope let’s not make this thread 18+.... Oh boy it’s another sexy song! Not that I’m complaining. The only small complaint I have for this song is I wish Hyuk would have gotten a lil’ bit more lines because I felt like his voice suited this song the best. Nonetheless I still enjoyed it.
Out of Sorts (3/10)
I think I’m realizing I’m not that big of a fan of the majority of Vixx’s slower songs unfortunately. There really isn’t a big reason why it’s just for some reason their slower songs aren’t usually the type of music I would listen to.
Heaven (7/10)
Am I the only one reminded a little bit of older music when listening to this song? Especially Ravi’s part in the chorus, it just sounds like another song I used to listen to when I was younger. I did really like this song a lot it has a young love type of story in the lyrics that I thought was really sweet.
Us Now (5/10)
I’m wondering why nobody mentions Vixx’s vocalists when talking about strong vocals in K-pop, because their vocal line is continuing to amaze me. Again I’m still not entirely in love with this song, but I did really love hearing their beautiful voices again.
Eternity (9/10)
I don’t have much to say about this song other than I really, really like it. It’s addicting to listen to and another song that I think a lot of people use to identify Vixx.
Error (10/10)
This is one of my favorite K-pop songs so it’s definitely going to get a high rating, maybe I’m just a lil’ biased but this song is an epic, powerful, amazing, outstanding, knock your socks off song and it continues to blow me away even after an hour on repeat. It’s just that good. Also Ken’s parts are legendary.
Can’t Say (4/10)
I was really trying to like this song but I just couldn’t get into it, I’m going to repeat myself again: It’s not bad just not the type of song I would listen to if I wanted to listen to Vixx.
Overall Album Rating (7/10)
I don’t think I’ve ever seen another group who talks about so many different types of relationships as much as Vixx does, but it’s interesting. I already knew of this song when first listening to their discography I think it was the first song I ever heard from them and I still love it as much as I did then. It has so many amazing parts and is never boring.
Maze (8/10)
I really like this song… For some reason I thought I wouldn’t lol It has all you need to create a good song and while I do think some of their other songs still stand out to me more than this I still found it enjoyable to listen to.
Stop it Girl (4/10)
I didn’t hate this song the chorus was good and I really liked Leo’s voice in this song a lot (I always like his voice but whatever...) It’s just it didn’t stand out to me and probably isn’t a song from them that I’ll listen to again.
Hot Enough (9/10)
..... These lyrics ….. And Ravi helped write them… INTERESTING… Anyways! I did really enjoy this and loved the vibe of the song and everything just sounded amazing, plus Leo’s highnote at the end was spot on. All of the members delivered in this song.
Spider (8/10)
Out of Sorts (3/10)
I think I’m realizing I’m not that big of a fan of the majority of Vixx’s slower songs unfortunately. There really isn’t a big reason why it’s just for some reason their slower songs aren’t usually the type of music I would listen to.
Heaven (7/10)
Am I the only one reminded a little bit of older music when listening to this song? Especially Ravi’s part in the chorus, it just sounds like another song I used to listen to when I was younger. I did really like this song a lot it has a young love type of story in the lyrics that I thought was really sweet.
Us Now (5/10)
I’m wondering why nobody mentions Vixx’s vocalists when talking about strong vocals in K-pop, because their vocal line is continuing to amaze me. Again I’m still not entirely in love with this song, but I did really love hearing their beautiful voices again.
Eternity (9/10)
I don’t have much to say about this song other than I really, really like it. It’s addicting to listen to and another song that I think a lot of people use to identify Vixx.
Error (10/10)
This is one of my favorite K-pop songs so it’s definitely going to get a high rating, maybe I’m just a lil’ biased but this song is an epic, powerful, amazing, outstanding, knock your socks off song and it continues to blow me away even after an hour on repeat. It’s just that good. Also Ken’s parts are legendary.
Can’t Say (4/10)
I was really trying to like this song but I just couldn’t get into it, I’m going to repeat myself again: It’s not bad just not the type of song I would listen to if I wanted to listen to Vixx.
Overall Album Rating (7/10)
_____________________
2016
Zelos (Single Album)
Dynamite (9/10)
Six Feet Under (7/10)
Bad Bye (4/10)
- Overall Rating : (6.6/10)
Hades (Single Album)
Fantasy (8/10)
Love Me Do (6/10)
Butterfly Effect (3/10)
- Overall Album Rating (5.6/10)
Kratos (EP)
The Closer (4/10)
Desperate (7/10)
Shooting Star (5/10)
Good Night & Good Morning (4/10)
Romance is Over (6/10)
- Overall Album Rating (5.2/10)
Vixx 2016 Conception (Compilation Album)
Milky Way (8/10)
Dynamite (9/10)
Six Feet Under (7/10)
Bad Bye (4/10)
Fantasy (8/10)
Love Me Do (6/10)
Butterfly Effect (3/10)
The Closer (4/10)
Desperate (7/10)
Shooting Star (5/10)
Good Night & Good Morning (4/10)
Romance is Over (6/10)
- Overall Album Rating (5.9/10)
___________________________
2017
Shangri-La (EP)
Shangri-La (6/10)
Into The Void (5/10)
Black Out (8/10)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (2/10)
To Us (6/10)
- Overall Album Rating (5.4/10)
__________________________
2018
Eau de Vixx (Album)
|Title| Scentist (9/10)
One thing I’ve enjoyed when listening to Vixx’s music is that they’re able to create great songs with and without an extreme drop in the chorus. This title track is one that’s really subtle and easy to listen to. As a side note I think this is one of my favorite songs of theirs when it comes to the vocals all of their voices mix so nicely in this song.
Odd Sense (7/10)
I think this is one of the most interesting songs I’ve heard from them so far and I can’t really point out why, it just has a different vibe to it I guess. I liked it though, especially the last chorus when they all sang together.
Silence (8/10)
When this song first started I was expecting something completely different but I still really liked where it went in the end. I like how it’s sort of a misleading drop because in the second part of the chorus it wraps it all together. I also enjoyed how different this song was.
My Valentine (5/10)
I really didn’t know what to think of this song at first… I think I would have liked it more if it would have been slightly more uptempo because for me it sort of felt dragged out in some verses but I still liked the chorus so that’s why I gave it a 5/10.
Circle (4/10)
The last chorus and adlibs at the end really brought this song together but unfortunately that was really the only part of the song that I liked a lot. The other parts were fine to me but I guess I just wasn’t very interested in the song until the final chorus.
Good Day (7/10)
Oooh I really liked how groovy this song sounds. I was sort of beginning to feel like a few of the songs on the album sounded really similar but this one stands out to me a lot. It’s definitely one I’ll listen to again.
Escape (8/10)
Ken, Hongbin and Ravi owned this song in my opinion, in particular I really loved Ravi’s rap in this. The chorus is great and has this hurriedness to it (obviously considering the title lol). The only thing I disliked was the pre-chorus, it just sounded out of place to me but besides that this is one of my favorites so far on this album.
Trigger (9/10)
… This is one of my new favorite b-sides from them oh my goodness it’s so good! I couldn’t even choose who I thought sounded the best in the song because all the members sounded amazing. I’m glad I’ve found this song but I hate how long it took me to discover it.
Resemble (3/10)
I’ve said it before but unfortunately I’m not the biggest fan of the majority of their slower songs. They all sounded great as usual but I just find it hard to pay attention to their slower songs most of the time.
Navy & Shining Gold (8/10)
I love how they have so many songs for their fans it’s so sweet. It’s a pretty upbeat and feel good type of song with sweet and meaningful lyrics. I really loved Leo’s parts in this song and it was overall fun to listen to. Another song to add to my playlist!
Shangi-La (6/10)
I’ve always really wanted to LOVE this song, it has so many elements to it that I love but the way it was executed I personally don’t really like. I did give it a 6/10 because I didn’t hate this song in any way, I liked their voices and the beat was good but everytime I listen to it something just always sounds off to me.
- Overall Album Rating (6.7/10)
|Title| Scentist (9/10)
One thing I’ve enjoyed when listening to Vixx’s music is that they’re able to create great songs with and without an extreme drop in the chorus. This title track is one that’s really subtle and easy to listen to. As a side note I think this is one of my favorite songs of theirs when it comes to the vocals all of their voices mix so nicely in this song.
Odd Sense (7/10)
I think this is one of the most interesting songs I’ve heard from them so far and I can’t really point out why, it just has a different vibe to it I guess. I liked it though, especially the last chorus when they all sang together.
Silence (8/10)
When this song first started I was expecting something completely different but I still really liked where it went in the end. I like how it’s sort of a misleading drop because in the second part of the chorus it wraps it all together. I also enjoyed how different this song was.
My Valentine (5/10)
I really didn’t know what to think of this song at first… I think I would have liked it more if it would have been slightly more uptempo because for me it sort of felt dragged out in some verses but I still liked the chorus so that’s why I gave it a 5/10.
Circle (4/10)
The last chorus and adlibs at the end really brought this song together but unfortunately that was really the only part of the song that I liked a lot. The other parts were fine to me but I guess I just wasn’t very interested in the song until the final chorus.
Good Day (7/10)
Oooh I really liked how groovy this song sounds. I was sort of beginning to feel like a few of the songs on the album sounded really similar but this one stands out to me a lot. It’s definitely one I’ll listen to again.
Escape (8/10)
Ken, Hongbin and Ravi owned this song in my opinion, in particular I really loved Ravi’s rap in this. The chorus is great and has this hurriedness to it (obviously considering the title lol). The only thing I disliked was the pre-chorus, it just sounded out of place to me but besides that this is one of my favorites so far on this album.
Trigger (9/10)
… This is one of my new favorite b-sides from them oh my goodness it’s so good! I couldn’t even choose who I thought sounded the best in the song because all the members sounded amazing. I’m glad I’ve found this song but I hate how long it took me to discover it.
Resemble (3/10)
I’ve said it before but unfortunately I’m not the biggest fan of the majority of their slower songs. They all sounded great as usual but I just find it hard to pay attention to their slower songs most of the time.
Navy & Shining Gold (8/10)
I love how they have so many songs for their fans it’s so sweet. It’s a pretty upbeat and feel good type of song with sweet and meaningful lyrics. I really loved Leo’s parts in this song and it was overall fun to listen to. Another song to add to my playlist!
Shangi-La (6/10)
I’ve always really wanted to LOVE this song, it has so many elements to it that I love but the way it was executed I personally don’t really like. I did give it a 6/10 because I didn’t hate this song in any way, I liked their voices and the beat was good but everytime I listen to it something just always sounds off to me.
- Overall Album Rating (6.7/10)
Likes/Dislikes:
Lets begin with what I liked...
- Going into this I really only saw Vixx as this group who only did darker, horror and sexy concepts and while I think that’s where some of their stronger songs come from they also have an upbeat, youthful and ballad type concepts as well which I appreciate.
- Their vocalists are just… So talented! I guess I have heard about Ken and Leo always being talked about but Hyuk, N and Hongbin are also really talented. Hyuk’s voice in particular is definitely worth mentioning (I love his voice so much).
- I may not have been a HUGE fan of some of their songs but the ones that I did enjoy are ones that I will definitely listen to a lot.
And will end with dislikes…
(Please remember this is just my opinion and in no way am I meaning this as hate towards Vixx).
- Ravi’s rap was something that I really had to get used to, he has a very different rapping style then anything I’ve heard in K-pop so far and sometimes I felt like some of his parts sort of took away from the song (mainly in their earlier releases).
- Unfortunately their ballads aren’t for me which really stinks because I really like their vocalists but their ballads the majority of the time felt like something was missing or it was just hard to keep me interested in them.
_______________________
Final Thoughts:
I enjoyed this time listening to their music (A little over a month
). I’ve found some songs that I’ve listened to a lot since discovering them, I loved their vocalists and their many different styles in music/concepts. If I had to pick a favorite album or EP it would definitely be a tie between Chained Up and Error (EP). Some of my favorite songs are: Error, Chained Up, Trigger, Spider, Time Machine and Memory. It was also a lot of fun to listen to a groups discography that I don’t even stan and I even ended up learning all the members names in the process (success lol). As of right now I don’t stan Vixx but whenever they have their next comeback I’ll definitely be looking forward to it.
Oh my goodness this thread looks so messy but if you made it to the end thank you!

Final Thoughts:
I enjoyed this time listening to their music (A little over a month
Oh my goodness this thread looks so messy but if you made it to the end thank you!