I love it when our water runs out (2 Viewers)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So fun. Want a glass of water? Well be ready to sit there while it trickles into the cup. Want a shower? Out of luck. Better luck tomorrow. Yippee :irenecrazy:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
pay your damn water bills!!! lol

jokes aside why? is there like waterworks going on or something?
No, iirc we don’t use city water, we have a well. So when it runs out, that’s it. I don’t know details, but this is a problem that happens from time to time, especially when we’re all home. Not often though, it’s pretty rare.
 
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,569
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
No, iirc we don’t use city water, we have a well. So when it runs out, that’s it. I don’t know details, but this is a problem that happens from time to time, especially when we’re all home. Not often though, it’s pretty rare.
well huh? interesting
so like you essentially get free water? since it's your well correct?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
well huh? interesting
so like you essentially get free water? since it's your well correct?
I think we don’t have water bills. But maintaining it would add some costs I’m pretty sure. I don’t know how the costs for those compare.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Protester than city water but that sucks. Get a deeper well?
I think because it’s a problem that happens so rarely it wouldn’t be worth it tbh. It’s a problem that isn’t frequent but I complain about it a lot when it happens :lisalaugh:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I've never had the exp of not having water.

:dubuthink:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,483
Reactions Received
9,488
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
77,186
Gender
Male
No, iirc we don’t use city water, we have a well. So when it runs out, that’s it. I don’t know details, but this is a problem that happens from time to time, especially when we’re all home. Not often though, it’s pretty rare.
:umwhat:

I don't know where you live and what type of well you have, but you should be connected to the official water supply while using the water from the well additionally. Because of climate change (less rain, more heat) the earth will get drier, so the groundwater level will fall and you might have no water at all in your well during low-precipitation summer months. I wouldn't even count on a nearby lake as main water source with regard to the future.

Something like that could also work great as an addition (you can harvest pretty large quantities of rainwater), but you should go the official way too. Better safe than sorry.

 
Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:umwhat:

I don't know where you live and what type of well you have, but you should be better connected to the official water supply while using the water from the well additionally. Because of climate change (less rain, more heat) the earth will get drier, so the groundwater level will fall and you might have no water at all in your well during low-precipitation summer months. I wouldn't even count on a nearby lake as main water source with regard to the future.

Something like that could also work great as an addition (you can harvest pretty large quantities of rainwater), but you should go the official way too. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah probably. I don't have much of a say in it and little knowledge anyways tbh, but I imagine the fact that this is a problem that's rare currently (I think the last time it happened is a couple years ago, if that) is why we aren't using it as a backup now. And climate change can be iffy tbh. We've had droughts, we've had times when it rained practically every day, and through all that have yet to see an effect on our water because it's hard to measure anyways. So there isn't much of a rush to get a backup yet. Id imagine it may be more noticeable many years into the future though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,471
Reactions Received
39,108
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,834
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
:umwhat:

I don't know where you live and what type of well you have, but you should be better connected to the official water supply while using the water from the well additionally. Because of climate change (less rain, more heat) the earth will get drier, so the groundwater level will fall and you might have no water at all in your well during low-precipitation summer months. I wouldn't even count on a nearby lake as main water source with regard to the future.

Something like that could also work great as an addition (you can harvest pretty large quantities of rainwater), but you should go the official way too. Better safe than sorry.

You should definitely be harvesting rain water
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and Pirioca

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread