Photo I made a new apple cake recipe today (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
To be very specific, it’s a Russian German Midwestern apple piecake :chill: Got that everyone? To clarify, this is a cake called Apfelkuchen (translates right to apple cake). But this is specifically a variation made from Germans who moved to Russia who then moved to the Midwest. There’s actually notable pie evolution that takes place, it’s not the same as the Russian German version, and even further from the og German version.

IMG_0578.jpeg


To describe what it has: the base is a shortbread pie crust. On top of that, I put sliced apples with cinnamon and sugar on top, and baked that for a bit. Then I added a sour cream and egg yolk mixture and baked it until it was custard like. Then I let it cool a bit and sprinkled it with powdered sugar.

Verdict: it’s delicious. It’s not that sweet tbh, which I loved. I wouldn’t have minded the apples being a bit more soft and cooked, I may alter that bit. Otherwise it was great. It wasn’t that time consuming to make either, the crust was just a mixture of stuff in a food processor, that was then pressed into a pie pan. Slicing the apples took some time admittedly, but the custard was quick and only had 2 ingredients. I absolutely will make it again.

If anyone wants to know where I found the recipe, it’s from a cookbook I was gifted dedicated to the national parks in the USA. This pie was for Badlands National Park in North Dakota (it’s a regional staple due to the high concentration of the immigrants there). If anyone wants to see stuff like this for the other national parks, let me know and if there’s a couple people interested, I can make yet another taglist for recipe posts from this book :sakUwu:
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
can I sample some of that. jkjk

Well done!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread