I made the dumbest mistake (mini rant & self-disappointment) (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I just had an online test (worth 15% of my final grade) and it was 25 questions and I had a timer of 25 minutes. I was already stressed because NOT EVEN ONE of the people I spoke to finished the quiz and those that did said they had to guess the final questions because their timer ran out. And literally everyone was talking about how it was the hardest test of their lives. It was open book too and we were allowed to use any resources we wanted to but they said it was impossible to do so because they only had 1 minute to go through each question. I ended up leaving this test to the last minute because I didn't think it would be that bad (it's the easiest subject I'm taking) and I had a more important exam I needed to study for but I skipped uni today and just spent the whole day studying for it. So I finally felt confident enough to start it about an hour ago and it was all fine and I managed to finish within the 20 minutes and had 5 minutes left to spare. But instead of just saving and closing the tab, I made the mistake of checking over my answers. It was all fine until I got to one question which would have been correct if only I left the answer alone, but I decided to google it and google gave me a different answer to what I had. So with only 6 seconds left, I paniced aand changed my answer and by the time I realized my original answer was correct, I was logged out because my timer ended. The stupid thing was, the answer google told me wasn't even an option so I ended up going with the "none of these answers are correct" option. I don't even know why I couldn't realize that that option is never correct. I know it's only one question and I may seem like I'm overreacting but that 1 question still has an effect on my final grade. And I don't even know how I went overall so that 1 question could have been the 1 score I needed to pass the test. I'm so disappointed with myself. I'm going to cry. This is why I never check over my work. I always make dumb mistakes like this. And I only managed to check over 3 questions too. I should have just left it. I'm so upset and disappointed in myself.
I told my brother and he told me not to over-react and although I wasn't expecting him to understand my feelings, his words made me even more sad. And no one else is home and he's leaving too so I'm just going to be sad over this alone at home.

And now I'm having a panic attack all by myself and over the dumbest thing. My brain is so stupid.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Ahh I used to hardly ever get the proper names for laws right due to constantly changing what I’d written. Eating chocolate bars afterwards helped me with worrying. You’ll be fine ^_^
I actually feel like I'm going to throw so I don't think I can eat anything honestly. I feel so sick. I obsess over the stupidest stuff. My brother decided to go where ever he was going later so I'm going to go for a walk with him to clear my mind a little. Hopefully that will get my mind off of it until the next hour. At least if I know how I went, I won't be stressing/obsessing over that one I know I 100% got wrong now.

But thanks for the tip.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
are you sure the answer isn't correct? did you check google to see if your original answer could be correct?
The first responses were all different from my original answer but when you scroll down it had my original answer. So it was a question about a theory and it was about one of the stages of that theory and I originally thought it was stage 3 of the theory so I clicked that but then when I double checked in the last 5 minutes, the answer that popped up was the 2nd stage which wasn’t even an option. So I changed my answe to the “none of these options are correct” option and then realised I was originally right. I reworded the question and checked again and it was in fact stage 3 like I originally thought.

I’ll know for sure in 30 minutes either way. I’m just feeling really dead right now. I guess in the bright side, I actually finished the quiz. I’m going to sleep it off now.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
don’t worry too much. Just stressing over this will not change anything. Things happened. Just believe that the rest was right and that you passed
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread