Sensitive I might be controversial here... (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Do you think it is okay to dislike certain accents?
Especially in songs, I can't stand when singers fake an American accent (or any accent they don't own)

Sorry to be controversial here... Only my opinion though :hayshook::hayshook::hayshook:​
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i personally don't pay attention to accents at all, but i think it's fine to not enjoy the person's the voice in things like music and movies (i often see people complain about actors' accents in certain roles). as long as you don't make fun of it in cases where the person is still learning the language or insult them for how they speak.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
i personally don't pay attention to accents at all, but i think it's fine to not enjoy the person's the voice in things like music and movies (i often see people complain about actors' accents in certain roles). as long as you don't make fun of it in cases where the person is still learning the language or insult them for how they speak.
I wouldn’t insult but I have to admit that sometimes it sounds so off that it becomes unpleasant :jisoosmh:
 

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,457
Reactions Received
41,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
240,462
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Well, if it’s obvious that it’s fake and seems out of place and/or too tryhard, I’m not sure I would enjoy it.
But it’s also possible that they are not native speakers and they try to learn the language, so I won’t judge them.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yerichu and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Well, if it’s obvious that it’s fake and seems out of place and/or too tryhard, I’m not sure I would enjoy it.
But it’s also possible that they are not native speakers and they try to learn the language, so I won’t judge them.
I mean my accent is far from being good so I get the still learning part… I mean it sounds fake in some songs sometimes!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread