I miss the kitty ;( (1 Viewer)

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,160
Reactions Received
46,820
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,335
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So on Saturday, my roommate made the super-hard decision to give our cat back to her foster mom, and ngl I shed more than a few tears that night. It wasn't without reason, she did it for the sake of her mental health... but I'm still lowkey sad. (I have gotten over it, but the moments right after we gave her back were the hardest)

And just so it isn't all about poor little me lol, have you ever had to put a pet up for adoption? How come?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Panda and Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Letting a pet go is the hardest :reallysadcat:

A couple years back, my brother had adopted a golden retriever puppy over the summer. He was really busy with work though, so I had to take care of her most of the time.
Once I started school again though, he had to hire a dog walker during the day and this dog walker wasn't careful when they were walking our puppy and she ate something large that got stuck in her intestines. This made her throw up anything she ate or drank.
After taking her to the vet, the surgery to get the object out ended up being $2000-$3000 and we couldn't justify spending any more money or time on her. The vet offered doing the operation for free, but we would have to give the doggo up afterwards and we went with that option.
She's happy and healthy with another family now, but it was still really sad to let her go.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Panda

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Oof, this thread is sad, I could never imagine letting my cat go tbh, that's why I am so strict on getting her everything she needs myself

but i feel the pain for you all :')
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,160
Reactions Received
46,820
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,335
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Letting a pet go is the hardest :reallysadcat:

A couple years back, my brother had adopted a golden retriever puppy over the summer. He was really busy with work though, so I had to take care of her most of the time.
Once I started school again though, he had to hire a dog walker during the day and this dog walker wasn't careful when they were walking our puppy and she ate something large that got stuck in her intestines. This made her throw up anything she ate or drank.
After taking her to the vet, the surgery to get the object out ended up being $2000-$3000 and we couldn't justify spending any more money or time on her. The vet offered doing the operation for free, but we would have to give the doggo up afterwards and we went with that option.
She's happy and healthy with another family now, but it was still really sad to let her go.
Oof, this thread is sad, I could never imagine letting my cat go tbh, that's why I am so strict on getting her everything she needs myself

but i feel the pain for you all :')
Thanks, you two. @Mangoey I'm sorry to hear about your beloved golden!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Mangoey and Panda

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread