I need a new computer. Periodt. (1 Viewer)

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm honestly so fed up with how slow my computer is! Like my WiFi works fine so wtf, man. I have a Dell. It's a couple years old too and it's in good condition. That's why I'm hardly ever online because it's agonizingly slooowww. It takes five minutes just to turn the damn thing on. I'm apart of the spoiled generation that expects Sanic speed services. lol Even when I only have one tab open it's still dumb. Can anyone recommend me a nice brand that's relatively $500 or less, please?
 
  • Like
Reactions: dnb, yeji and Suzy

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,511
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I have a dell too and I only use it for transferring music or sometimes using discord and editing.

I am always on my phone now, since the battery life is utter trash on my laptop.
But it is 7 years old so..

Wish you the best with this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
I'm honestly so fed up with how slow my computer is! Like my WiFi works fine so wtf, man. I have a Dell. It's a couple years old too and it's in good condition. That's why I'm hardly ever online because it's agonizingly slooowww. It takes five minutes just to turn the damn thing on. I'm apart of the spoiled generation that expects Sanic speed services. lol Even when I only have one tab open it's still dumb. Can anyone recommend me a nice brand that's relatively $500 or less, please?
Let me ask you some stuff first

- do you shut it down completely or is it on sleep mode / standby mode all the time?
- do you clean up your pc with software like CCleaner?
- do the fans get the chance to let air out fully? So in other words, does it get enough cooling opportunity?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
But do you prefer laptops or PCs? Because I´m all for PCs, which is kind of old school, but I also enjoy having my tablet next to my bed for watching videos. Yet, tablet is all good, but can´t be compared to a PC. (mind you, that is a waste of money, but it was a present so I can´t just throw it away).
Anyway, forgive me for jumping into someone else´s thread, but I need that help for the future. thank you :D.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Honestly out of all the laptops I have ever had, Dell was the WORST. I bought it because everyone said it was the best laptop in the market and it was literally an instant regret. It worked fine for like 3 months but then as soon as the third month was over it started lagging and then it took a hundred years for everything to load. So in the end I couldn't even shut my laptop off because it would literally take like 30-40 minutes to load back up. I'll never buy a Dell laptop again. It was also the laptop that lasted me the shortest. I had to get a new one a little over a year after buying it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
err i would offer advice but i have a macbook air

i also have a chromebook, but it kinda sucks if you want to play games since it's basically a giant-ass phone with a keyboard. Though it's pretty decent for browsing, i've had it for a little over a year i think, and it's only sometimes slow since i have a lot of old videos and pictures on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
totally get it. my laptop has been driving me crazy too
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
At work, I am provided with Acer. It is ok, but nothing too special. Nothing to expect, but I assume it is cheap and does the job.
I have heard Dell is slow.
I used to have HP, but someone told me that their laptops burn easily.
I generally don´t like Apple products. Used to have MacMini and I was not content. But their products are usually considered to be high quality, but expansive (at least outside of the States)?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I'm honestly so fed up with how slow my computer is! Like my WiFi works fine so wtf, man. I have a Dell. It's a couple years old too and it's in good condition. That's why I'm hardly ever online because it's agonizingly slooowww. It takes five minutes just to turn the damn thing on. I'm apart of the spoiled generation that expects Sanic speed services. lol Even when I only have one tab open it's still dumb. Can anyone recommend me a nice brand that's relatively $500 or less, please?
I assume you have Windows (7 or 10) on your machine. If so, one thing you can try is to install Linux on your machine (dual boot install so you can still bring up Windows if you wish) and see if your browsing experience gets faster.

There are many online tutorials on how to do a dual boot install of Linux (either Ubuntu or Mint). It's free. I have an 8-year old Celeron Thinkpad that takes forever with Windows 7 but is actually usable when running Linux.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread