- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
I am so angry right now.
I don't even know how to explain it.
But I lost my 19-year-old cat in December.
I lost my 16-year-old cat about 6 years ago to cancer.
All I have left is my 14-year-old dog and today we get told she has cancer.
I am sad of course but more than anything I'm angry.
There is a whole bunch of drama with the place my dog used to go to for vet care.
Mainly, I worked there for a bit and then they fired me
not for valid reasons but for made-up bullshit reasons.
Now that being said I never questioned the vets there.
I always viewed them as really good at their job.
But today the new vet we go to took x-rays of my dog's chest and let us know what she was seeing was cancer.
These spots had been on my dog's xrays for YEARS.
The previous vet NEVER EVER brought up cancer.
I AM SO MAD.
LIKE THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT.
WE DIDN'T KNOW THE SIGNS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN REGARDS TO QOL.
NO CLUE BECAUSE NOBODY MENTIONED CANCER EVER.
SHE'S HAD THIS IN HER FOR YEARS.
NOTHING.
I am more of a cat person but this is my last pet.
I think I would actually break if she passed away and to know
that she had cancer and we weren't made aware until now.
WHAT ON EARTH WOULD'VE HAPPENED HAD ONE OF THE TUMORS RUPTURED?!
OR HER BREATHING SUFFERED LARGELY AND WE DIDN'T KNOW WHY
OR IF IT WAS AN EMERGENCY BECAUSE WE WERE NEVER TOLD SHE HAD CANCER
AND THAT THOSE WERE THINGS WE NEEDED TO WORRY ABOUT.
I love this dog so damn much.
I'm in vet med.
I'm in school to be a vet tech.
I know I'm still fresh in this field but this is so fucking upsetting.
I don't even know how to explain it.
But I lost my 19-year-old cat in December.
I lost my 16-year-old cat about 6 years ago to cancer.
All I have left is my 14-year-old dog and today we get told she has cancer.
I am sad of course but more than anything I'm angry.
There is a whole bunch of drama with the place my dog used to go to for vet care.
Mainly, I worked there for a bit and then they fired me
not for valid reasons but for made-up bullshit reasons.
Now that being said I never questioned the vets there.
I always viewed them as really good at their job.
But today the new vet we go to took x-rays of my dog's chest and let us know what she was seeing was cancer.
These spots had been on my dog's xrays for YEARS.
The previous vet NEVER EVER brought up cancer.
I AM SO MAD.
LIKE THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT.
WE DIDN'T KNOW THE SIGNS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN REGARDS TO QOL.
NO CLUE BECAUSE NOBODY MENTIONED CANCER EVER.
SHE'S HAD THIS IN HER FOR YEARS.
NOTHING.
I am more of a cat person but this is my last pet.
I think I would actually break if she passed away and to know
that she had cancer and we weren't made aware until now.
WHAT ON EARTH WOULD'VE HAPPENED HAD ONE OF THE TUMORS RUPTURED?!
OR HER BREATHING SUFFERED LARGELY AND WE DIDN'T KNOW WHY
OR IF IT WAS AN EMERGENCY BECAUSE WE WERE NEVER TOLD SHE HAD CANCER
AND THAT THOSE WERE THINGS WE NEEDED TO WORRY ABOUT.
I love this dog so damn much.
I'm in vet med.
I'm in school to be a vet tech.
I know I'm still fresh in this field but this is so fucking upsetting.