"I never saw anime, but I'd like to get into it" starter pack (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'd ask what kind of stuff they like in general and then go with some great classics within those genres. There is quite difference between shonen action comedy and romantic slice of life after all.

If i wasn't given genre, I'd recommend sth great that isn't too niche and includes lot of genres. Angel Beats! is kinda my go to since it's simply awesome, it's short so the lenght shouldn't be issue and it includes pretty much everything: action, comedy, drama and tears, school and romance, some life philosophy.. It's also really "anime" I mean it looks like anime and includes many anime tropes though not in bad way. So after that person would have general idea what anime is and if it would be sth they are interested to.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I would show them the trendy ones I think
Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Sao or maybe some funny shoujo
it depends on the person

but I don't think I will start with One piece, a lot of people dislike the animation (which is sad) and it scares new anime fans away
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I would show them the most popular genres first like comedy and action depending on the person. Maybe Death Note and Naruto, start with the classics and begin from there.

Romance: Peach Girl
Action/Comedy: Samurai Champloo or Naruto
other: Watamote or Death Note

~I hope this helps
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Definitely not One Piece or Dragon Ball. They're way too long and that can be intimidating for someone who's new to anime. I'd probably ask them what genres they like and recommend a good anime from that genre, which isn't too intimidating. If they don't have any specific genre they like, then my go-to would probably be Death Note. I think it's not so 'anime' that it would be weird or intimidating but at the same time it really introduces the medium well with some of the absurd comedy scenes and characters (ie. the potato chip scene).
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,014
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
Short series rather than long series. I tried watching Fairy Tail as soon as I got into anime and man that stuff was DRY.

They should watch more interesting things like Free! Iwaotbi Swim Club, Haikyuu, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Durarara. Those suit my tastes at least.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I would definitely recommend them attack on titan, tbh that's how I got into anime and a lot of people who aren't exactly into anime watch it, I would also recommend watching Tokyo ghoul, beyond the boundary and sword art online. and I would, of course, recommend them the best slice of life anime of all time, k-on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread