I rather have blackpink be more famous in Korea than global. (2 Viewers)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Overseas concerts pay more.
Id rather have them free from hate and making bank at the same time.
 
Joined
28 November 2018
Messages
281
Reactions Received
2,018
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think both is important but working overseas makes them clearly more happy.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For kpop group I think you need to build your base on korea and kpop market. So I think it's best take what opportunities comes in the west, but release music and start promoting of comebacks in Korea and only after promote it in USA etc. It hasn't been good idea for kpop group to stay on west and try to breakthrough there so I definitely think it should be treated as extra and Korea should be prioritized.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,144
Reactions Received
53,000
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,123
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
i just don’t think being famous globally helps them that much well yeah they’re doing quite well right now but i just wish they promote more in Korea.
Overseas concerts pay more.
Id rather have them free from hate and making bank at the same time.
I think both is important but working overseas makes them clearly more happy.
I'm so conflicted, I want them to be happy n successful n to hv a huge discography but idk, staying in Korea seems the best bet
For kpop group I think you need to build your base on korea and kpop market. So I think it's best take what opportunities comes in the west, but release music and start promoting of comebacks in Korea and only after promote it in USA etc. It hasn't been good idea for kpop group to stay on west and try to breakthrough there so I definitely think it should be treated as extra and Korea should be prioritized.
ignore strikethrough text above, I agree totally w/blueberries except they shd still venture outside Korea to English speaking countries at least once a year if possible, if not every two years.(I'm scared they'll lose momentum of Coachella n world tour if they're kept in dungeon by yg/stay hidden too long, they shd strike while it's time rn w/English album then leave them wanting more.)
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i think both are really important. currently as of rn, i'm just waiting for all the yg hate to die down before they start doing major promotions in korea again, so having world tours and promoting in the west isnt rlly that bad in their current situation. kill this love is spending its fourth week on the billboard hot 100 and the billboard hot 200. all of their concerts are also basically sold out so its not like they are flopping, theyre making money and theyre gaining new fans along the way.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm so conflicted, I want them to be happy n successful n to hv a huge discography but idk, staying in Korea seems the best bet

ignore strikethrough text above, I agree totally w/blueberries except they shd still venture outside Korea to English speaking countries at least once a year if possible, if not every two years.(I'm scared they'll lose momentum of Coachella n world tour if they're kept in dungeon by yg/stay hidden too long, they shd strike while it's time rn w/English album then leave them wanting more.)
Ah yea I think they should take what opportunities they can get, especially when YG is struggling a bit in Korea so this positive publicity towards BP in the west is definitely good for them. But thinking of more long-term, I'm bit afraid that YG would start neglecting korean comebacks if they are focusing on west now. And that's really risky, I still don't think kpop groups have stable base in USA and longetivity.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Groups like BTOB with a small Western fanbase might not find the Western market viable, not worth seriously investing in—focus on Korea would benefit them more—but groups like BTS and Blackpink have the fanbase and the potential to make a lot of money outside Korea.

Obviously their Korean fanbase is still stronger though, which should be the main focus.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ah yea I think they should take what opportunities they can get, especially when YG is struggling a bit in Korea so this positive publicity towards BP in the west is definitely good for them. But thinking of more long-term, I'm bit afraid that YG would start neglecting korean comebacks if they are focusing on west now. And that's really risky, I still don't think kpop groups have stable base in USA and longetivity.
i don't think that yg is going to abandon korea, tbh all of the offers that bp have gotten (like going to coachella, signing with umg, collabing with dua lipa) were all opportunities that they were invited to take. umg has been doing rlly good with the promotion, and i think its a good thing. but i dont rlly think that yg himself has been pushing anything, i think he knows that yg is kinda sinking a little rn so hes promoting bp globally and in the west. and tbh its a good idea cause they're doing great with their concerts and they're charting rlly well. and kill this love is still in the top ten of melon despite it being a non gp public friendly song, all the digimons that have been coming out and ygs scandals. i dont think korea is going to be forgetting them any time soon.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
i don't think that yg is going to abandon korea, tbh all of the offers that bp have gotten (like going to coachella, signing with umg, collabing with dua lipa) were all opportunities that they were invited to take. umg has been doing rlly good with the promotion, and i think its a good thing. but i dont rlly think that yg himself has been pushing anything, i think he knows that yg is kinda sinking a little rn so hes promoting bp globally and in the west. and tbh its a good idea cause they're doing great with their concerts and they're charting rlly well. and kill this love is still in the top ten of melon despite it being a non gp public friendly song, all the digimons that have been coming out and ygs scandals. i dont think korea is going to be forgetting them any time soon.
I maybe shouldn't be worried, YG has usually been pretty good in thinking Korea first and not shipping groups too long periods overseas (JYP could take some example). But my worry kinda is that YG usually has quite long hiatuses and doesn't have that many comebacks, that they could be kinda exhausting themselves with BP in the west right now and this might led into them pushing korean releases. And I'd still like to see either single or mini out from them this year as well as Rose's solo. I hope YG can keep this busy schedule up.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,144
Reactions Received
53,000
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,123
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Ah yea I think they should take what opportunities they can get, especially when YG is struggling a bit in Korea so this positive publicity towards BP in the west is definitely good for them. But thinking of more long-term, I'm bit afraid that YG would start neglecting korean comebacks if they are focusing on west now. And that's really risky, I still don't think kpop groups have stable base in USA and longetivity.
Exactly this, an English album (mini or singles album) this year end maybe, since I believe other than a solo, yg not giving them a cb. Then next year a full album cb or another mini or singles album, but idk is yg that capable of planning so much in advance or is he/or the company just going to lock them in dungeon n keep the keys until he needs them again to distract from any more scandals?

Heaven help us all, YG pls don't put BP bk in dungeon after this.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I maybe shouldn't be worried, YG has usually been pretty good in thinking Korea first and not shipping groups too long periods overseas (JYP could take some example). But my worry kinda is that YG usually has quite long hiatuses and doesn't have that many comebacks, that they could be kinda exhausting themselves with BP in the west right now and this might led into them pushing korean releases. And I'd still like to see either single or mini out from them this year as well as Rose's solo. I hope YG can keep this busy schedule up.
i think with umg signing bp under their label, they arent going to let yg continue with this since theyre also invested in bp rn. also i think (or at least i hope) that yg knows now that bp is rlly his savior with all of these scandals that are going on rn. im hoping that umg pushes yg to release a full album or at least another ep this year, along with rosés solo. july is also empty in terms of their schedules, im hoping for rosé to have her solo in that time period
:zoomeyes:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
i think with umg signing bp under their label, they arent going to let yg continue with this since theyre also invested in bp rn. also i think (or at least i hope) that yg knows now that bp is rlly his savior with all of these scandals that are going on rn. im hoping that umg pushes yg to release a full album or at least another ep this year, along with rosés solo. july is also empty in terms of their schedules, im hoping for rosé to have her solo in that time period
:zoomeyes:
Yes, YG should be really thankful of blackpink, idk what the company would have done without them.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Exactly this, an English album (mini or singles album) this year end maybe, since I believe other than a solo, yg not giving them a cb. Then next year a full album cb or another mini or singles album, but idk is yg that capable of planning so much in advance or is he/or the company just going to lock them in dungeon n keep the keys until he needs them again to distract from any more scandals?

Heaven help us all, YG pls don't put BP bk in dungeon after this.
Hmm, you are thinking that there is possibility of English album? I'm bit doubtful, those are pretty rare in kpop. Like it would make sense for BP, they are doing well in the west and they have the english skills to pull it off. But personally, I feel like they should rather keep making korean songs.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,144
Reactions Received
53,000
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,123
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Hmm, you are thinking that there is possibility of English album? I'm bit doubtful, those are pretty rare in kpop. Like it would make sense for BP, they are doing well in the west and they have the english skills to pull it off. But personally, I feel like they should rather keep making korean songs.
Literally the worst decision I think yg could make at this point is to keep BP in dungeon again after all this.

Idk yg so can't tell if he/the company will do the right thing or not. It's all a gamble at this point.

Above was my wish for BP base S on reception in US. I just dk wat actually will happen w/history n scandals affecting yg. If even part of my wish comes true, or BP hv a Korean cb this year I'll be happily surprised.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hmm, you are thinking that there is possibility of English album? I'm bit doubtful, those are pretty rare in kpop. Like it would make sense for BP, they are doing well in the west and they have the english skills to pull it off. But personally, I feel like they should rather keep making korean songs.
tbh i dont think that they would release a full english album, they might release an English version of a song on a full album but i think that what makes them unique is the fact that they speak korean in their songs. i think what theyre doing with having a mix of korean and english in their songs is what they should stick with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
They seem happier in the West but it’s clearly more risky. Even a group like BTS make more money in Asia and Korea than in the West.

If YG keeps going with his hiatus strategy, they will never hit big in the West whereas this strategy still works for them for traditional Korean comebacks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread