I stand with Carlos Maza (1 Viewer)

Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So for those of you who might be out of the loop, YouTube recently demonetized a right wing YouTuber by the name of Steven Crowder due to his harassment of Vox journalist Carlos Maza. Carlos is an openly gay man who happens to be Latino, and Crowder has been repeatedly insulting Maza on both his ethnicity and sexual orientation. Now YT being the hellhole that it is SAID they were gonna do something, didn't do anything, and then all of a sudden decided to demonetize a bunch of other right wing and nazi, oh wait sorry, """ALT-RIGHT""" YouTubers as well. Other YouTubers who actually call out people like Crowder ended up in the crossfire, but you would think with this whole thing LITERALLY being Crowder's fault (because remember ladies and gentlemen, free speech doesn't mean that you get to verbally harass someone) that he would take responsibility and own up and apologize, right?

Wrong​

Instead he made a mock apology video and coined the hashtag #VoxAdpocalypse. Because none of this was his fault to begin with /s

And of course there were people coming out of Satan's ass crack like roaches out of a motel to defend him. And to Crowder's fans who might view this- fuck you. Same thing goes to people who like Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan, and all the damn rest. It makes me sick that you all sat there and watched and didn't dare call it out because it's all about "OwNING DA LiBS!1!!" until you see what happens to the people they talk about. These people aren't using "FakTS ANd LoGik", they're using Class A bigotry so that when they go after people like Carlos Maza they can get away with it. Screw "sticks and stones may break my bones" because as someone who's faced racism AND anti-LGBT bullying I'm here to tell you that shit like this HURTS. You can't just "ignore it" or simply walk away.

Anyway, if any of you wanna send Carlos a kind message like I did you can hit him up on his twitter. It doesn't seem like he's answering right now which is understandable, but it still helps.
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Man these YouTubers are like a pot full of drama. It's just one thing after another. And as usual, I have no idea who tf these people are lol.
I wouldn't call this drama considering Carlos literally did nothing to warrant Crowder's hateful self. He just existed and had opinions Crowder disagreed with, and somehow that means that you get to be called a "lipsy queer", "anchor baby", and be mocked over and over.
 
Last edited:

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i personally wish carlos maza made a video just exposing the trash that is steven crowder instead of taking it to twitter.

like watching joe rogan try to weasel crowder out of this by saying "oh you know people call ____ stupid and what not why is that ok" like do these people not realize that there are protected classes under youtube's guidelines.

saying someone is stupid because of their opinion is not the same as calling someone a lispy queer because of their opinion. it really shocks me that this is something that needs explaining oh my god.

im going to be honest tho i don't think people should be banned off youtube and that's why i wish carlos maza handled this better than just attacking youtube. i feel like crowder's become this martyr now and he's going to gain even more exposure and money from this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I watch Vox and I heard about it but I wasn't really interested in it. But people saying that his insults were 'Freedom of Speech' was just sad. Racial slurs are not Freedom of Speech. They are discrimination. I stand with Carlos too and I hope he doesn't receive too much hate from this.
 
Joined
25 February 2019
Messages
1,009
Reactions Received
3,554
Location
SHINee Academy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I watch Vox and I heard about it but I wasn't really interested in it. But people saying that his insults were 'Freedom of Speech' was just sad. Racial slurs are not Freedom of Speech. They are discrimination. I stand with Carlos too and I hope he doesn't receive too much hate from this.
i personally wish carlos maza made a video just exposing the trash that is steven crowder instead of taking it to twitter.

like watching joe rogan try to weasel crowder out of this by saying "oh you know people call ____ stupid and what not why is that ok" like do these people not realize that there are protected classes under youtube's guidelines.

saying someone is stupid because of their opinion is not the same as calling someone a lispy queer because of their opinion. it really shocks me that this is something that needs explaining oh my god.


im going to be honest tho i don't think people should be banned off youtube and that's why i wish carlos maza handled this better than just attacking youtube. i feel like crowder's become this martyr now and he's going to gain even more exposure and money from this.
OH MY LORD I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE LONGEST, BUT THE AMOUNT OF "so you want censorship then?" ARGUMENTS I'VE SEEN IS JUST SO :jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh: LIKE SORRY IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED RACIAL/HOMOPHOBIC SLURS??
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam and potato

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
This guy sounds so disgusting. What an asshole -_-
 
  • Like
Reactions: arieam

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
OH MY LORD I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE LONGEST, BUT THE AMOUNT OF "so you want censorship then?" ARGUMENTS I'VE SEEN IS JUST SO :jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh: LIKE SORRY IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED RACIAL/HOMOPHOBIC SLURS??
yea it's an exercise in futility. what gets me is trying to explain to people who genuinely think "the right is more tolerant than the left" why youtube isn't left-leaning. the idea that to these nutjobs free speech is being championed by the right is sad enough. but the fact that you have useful idiot dave rubin and his ilk saying "the right is tolerant towards gay people" and then claiming a company that abides by their own terms of service when it comes to hate speech towards a protected class is left-leaning...jesus christ man.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread