I swear some companies... (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Make girl groups just so they can have an excuse to be around young pretty girls all the time.

That's the only reason I can think of to debut a group and spend tons of money on a guaranteed failed project.

Why the fuck do 50 girl groups debut every year?
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Why do 100 groups GG/BG debut... I don't know how these companies even begin to function and get the licenses and stuff to have real people trained in those conditions. They use people that are eager to become idols but not all people that are eager deserve to be idols or are talented... while some that try the hardest are never given a chance cause of stupid reasons like... being too short.

In any case, they seem to expect anything "they" make is going to suddenly explode onto the scene and be mind-blowingly good... even tho it almost never will be. The only new group that wasn't from a big company or a company that already has a successful group... is ATEEZ... the end, fin, zeroooooo other groups. I mean actually popular ones... Actually maybe Loona and OnlyOneOf and they were lucky to have such well made marketing campaigns.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I wonder if companies actually make money from the dance etc. classes and trainee debts even if the trainees don't end up debuting. That way it might be even financially profitable to make nugu companies that have small change to actually debuting group that is going to make it.

Another reason would probably be same as with idols. No matter how hard it's to become idol or singer, people still keep trying hoping that they make it. Maybe these companies have dreams of being the next BigHit, even if the odds are around same as winning in lottery.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Why do 100 groups GG/BG debut... I don't know how these companies even begin to function and get the licenses and stuff to have real people trained in those conditions. They use people that are eager to become idols but not all people that are eager deserve to be idols or are talented... while some that try the hardest are never given a chance cause of stupid reasons like... being too short.

In any case, they seem to expect anything "they" make is going to suddenly explode onto the scene and be mind-blowingly good... even tho it almost never will be. The only new group that wasn't from a big company or a company that already has a successful group... is ATEEZ... the end, fin, zeroooooo other groups. I mean actually popular ones... Actually maybe Loona and OnlyOneOf and they were lucky to have such well made marketing campaigns.
Dreamcatcher is slowly but surely climbing up as well... Mamamoo is from a previously unknown company too I think!
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Dreamcatcher is slowly but surely climbing up as well... Mamamoo is from a previously unknown company too I think!
True but at this point both are pretty old so that's why I didn't add them, I wanted to mention Oneus but they are under Mamamoos company so them too
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Why do 100 groups GG/BG debut... I don't know how these companies even begin to function and get the licenses and stuff to have real people trained in those conditions. They use people that are eager to become idols but not all people that are eager deserve to be idols or are talented... while some that try the hardest are never given a chance cause of stupid reasons like... being too short.

In any case, they seem to expect anything "they" make is going to suddenly explode onto the scene and be mind-blowingly good... even tho it almost never will be. The only new group that wasn't from a big company or a company that already has a successful group... is ATEEZ... the end, fin, zeroooooo other groups. I mean actually popular ones... Actually maybe Loona and OnlyOneOf and they were lucky to have such well made marketing campaigns.
I get boy groups though. Even the most nugu boy groups break even I'm betting. Most make their companies some decent money.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
many more companies are created and they will also want to debut a group - be it a gg or bg.
I get that so many debuts can seem to much but that's what KPOP has turned to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drew_B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread