I think Americans think the big bad wolf lives in Russia (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Why else would they keep awoooing when saying babushka? :runrunrun:

If you’re curious the a in ba is pronounced as ah, like “ah, I get now”, not like uh, and the stress is on the first syllable, not the second. You shouldn’t sound like you’re preparing to howl when you say babushka.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@eclipsoul probably not but most songs I know are about love, self love, childhood, and so on. Songs about foreign grandmas are a bit unusual so I want to listen to it :haylul:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@eclipsoul i just listened to it and what’s interesting is she doesn’t actually use the same pronunciation as I associate with Americans. The differences are small but noticeable (to me). It’s still not the Russian pronunciation but it’s a different form of not it :haylul: Hers sounds less howly in a way because she puts a stronger emphasis on the first syllable, while Americans go “ba-bOOOOO-shka”. But it does still sound kinda howly.
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,173
Reactions Received
46,832
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,974
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so it's BA-boosh-ka... well, that just got awkward. lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

Harmony_Starz

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇.✧.𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 ✶࿐
.
.
Joined
24 September 2023
Messages
33,811
Reactions Received
47,941
Location
.With Moguri, Cowie and Trinny<3🐇🐈🦢
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
37,918
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Phoenix
Ship
Wreck
I was thinking of coraline, there is a weird neighbour and I think he called rats Mooshka's, I was reminded of it:hmmm:
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
@eclipsoul i just listened to it and what’s interesting is she doesn’t actually use the same pronunciation as I associate with Americans. The differences are small but noticeable (to me). It’s still not the Russian pronunciation but it’s a different form of not it :haylul: Hers sounds less howly in a way because she puts a stronger emphasis on the first syllable, while Americans go “ba-bOOOOO-shka”. But it does still sound kinda howly.
She’s British
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@Willow yeah, I looked it up after because I was wondering where she’s from. I hadnt heard the British pronunciation before so I didn’t recognize it.
 

magali

save our souls
.
Joined
18 March 2024
Messages
8,207
Reactions Received
9,882
Location
♰ eden
Website
f5veofficial.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
33,101
Fandom
(╥﹏╥) orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ౨ৎ her
ok this got confusing because i just realized i pronounce "ah" and "uh" practically the same way
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
@Willow yeah, I looked it up after because I was wondering where she’s from. I hadnt heard the British pronunciation before so I didn’t recognize it.
:pepesmug:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
55,288
Reactions Received
17,191
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
337
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
@BEYBLADE how would you pronounce it? It may be different that this part of the US because of the accent
ive always heard it as the "ah" like you've typed. i was thinking it was prob the accent too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@BEYBLADE what I’m also curious about is which syllable has the stress? That’s the bigger one with the pronunciation in this part of the US, an uh in the first syllable is less noticeable than the fact that they greatly stress the second syllable :pepesmug:
 

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
55,288
Reactions Received
17,191
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
337
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
@BEYBLADE what I’m also curious about is which syllable has the stress? That’s the bigger one with the pronunciation in this part of the US, an uh in the first syllable is less noticeable than the fact that they greatly stress the second syllable :pepesmug:
i honestly have a hard time telling which syllables get more enunciation bc they all sound the same length/strength :pepecry1:
i keep repeating it to myself to try to decipher LOL :haylul: im p sure the first syllable because there's a slight pause when i say it, 'bah' then the rest
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@BEYBLADE heres a comparison, they don’t overdo the howl as much as many but it still does put the stress on the second for the English version :sanapray:
 

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
55,288
Reactions Received
17,191
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
337
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
@BEYBLADE heres a comparison, they don’t overdo the howl as much as many but it still does put the stress on the second for the English version :sanapray:
alr i think its like some combination of both then :hmmm: bc i 'ah' but i dont put that unf in it, but i also dont do the oo howl thing. mayhaps the cajun tendency of slurring things together :blownyoungbae:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread