- Joined
- 25 September 2022
- Messages
- 43
- Reactions Received
- 19
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- Neurodivergent
Honestly, as a 17 year old with autism, it sucks knowing every board I go to since I was 15 years old has bullied me, banned me, or told me I was weird for acting abnormal or having no social skills, I wish there was a neurodivergent containment board on here, almost every autistic forum I have gone to as well has accused me of weird behavior too or they are too inactive or many of the people are self-diagnosed.
Now I am not saying that it’s bad to self diagnose yourself, I was officially diagnosed with High-functioning autism in the United States and my mother and our Grandma comes from the Mexican culture, which forbids talking about autism or any form of disability, so I understand where people who are self-diagnosing are coming from, but it makes it challenging sometimes.
I feel like sometimes it would suit every forum better if they had a containment board for autism, I understand some people might be afraid that it could invite bad actors looking to radicalize autistic people or troll them, but I feel it’s the only way to keep autistic people open on the Internet.
I honestly have been bullied a lot on the Internet for having autism and not only that, have been kicked off many boards for having non-neurotypical behavior, I just think it’s honestly an idea.
Some people have told me that they have autism too and they are a woman, I understand that sometimes the autistic system fails to diagnose us as people of color and sometimes women, but we would still need a containment board for all the autistic people that were weird for having autism or had these behaviors.
it’s just an idea, I have seen a lot of WrongPlanet users, a forum for autism, and they seem to all act weird in the eyes of neurotypicals whether they are men or women, I don’t honestly think we should ban them or call them weird, just give them a voice on a containment board and help them.
Now I am not saying that it’s bad to self diagnose yourself, I was officially diagnosed with High-functioning autism in the United States and my mother and our Grandma comes from the Mexican culture, which forbids talking about autism or any form of disability, so I understand where people who are self-diagnosing are coming from, but it makes it challenging sometimes.
I feel like sometimes it would suit every forum better if they had a containment board for autism, I understand some people might be afraid that it could invite bad actors looking to radicalize autistic people or troll them, but I feel it’s the only way to keep autistic people open on the Internet.
I honestly have been bullied a lot on the Internet for having autism and not only that, have been kicked off many boards for having non-neurotypical behavior, I just think it’s honestly an idea.
Some people have told me that they have autism too and they are a woman, I understand that sometimes the autistic system fails to diagnose us as people of color and sometimes women, but we would still need a containment board for all the autistic people that were weird for having autism or had these behaviors.
it’s just an idea, I have seen a lot of WrongPlanet users, a forum for autism, and they seem to all act weird in the eyes of neurotypicals whether they are men or women, I don’t honestly think we should ban them or call them weird, just give them a voice on a containment board and help them.