I wont support GOT7 anymore (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Due to jackson no longer being a idol in my books
him still being in got7 has made me decide

1. i wont watch any of there work
2.wont include them anymore in any my posts about boy groups
3. wont talk about them with anyone

as you may know i support hong kong
and you may also know jackson is for china and very open about it

i believe idols shouldn't talk about politics
no matter what
luckly non of my bias groups members have been openly for china
[excluding idols from mainland china for obv reasons]​
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
It’s your decision. I must admit that the fact that he is supporting China so openly rubs me the wrong way too.
Im annoyed with jyp also tbh it would of been better if he posted once and that was it but it been far from that,
This could end so badly for him as even though china supports him now if they turn on him [what happens alot in cpop]
Hong kong for certain wont take him back
As a artist you should always put were you are from first as the country could end up using him as a example in a bad way
[what im somewhat expecting to happen the second he has 1 controversy]
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Im annoyed with jyp also tbh it would of been better if he posted once and that was it but it been far from that,
This could end so badly for him as even though china supports him now if they turn on him [what happens alot in cpop]
Hong kong for certain wont take him back
As a artist you should always put were you are from first as the country could end up using him as a example in a bad way
[what im somewhat expecting to happen the second he has 1 controversy]
Tbh, JYP has been supporting China's views (and money) long time now. They made Tzuyu to cry on camera and apologize for having her country's flag. JYP's artist being bowing to China and betraying their own home is nth new, difference with Tzuyu is just that she looked like she was forced to do it (lot of people said her video looked like hostage videos where hostage is forced to read statement while gun is pointed on them) when Jackson isn't forced and goes way beyond what would be even required. Definitely side eyeing JYP in this though.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Im annoyed with jyp also tbh it would of been better if he posted once and that was it but it been far from that,
This could end so badly for him as even though china supports him now if they turn on him [what happens alot in cpop]
Hong kong for certain wont take him back
As a artist you should always put were you are from first as the country could end up using him as a example in a bad way
[what im somewhat expecting to happen the second he has 1 controversy]
True. JYP though about China money since the beginning. Same for Tzuyu flag controversy.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I understand where you come from, but I do believe that you shouldn't just unstan an entire group because of one members' beliefs. If you don't like idols talking about politics, don't listen to the talk about politics and just listen to their music and the things you like to listen to. Jackson may be supportive of China and he may be ok about talking about it but that doesnt mean you just need to unstan GOT7 because of his poor decisions to talk about it.

He may end up getting some type of backlash from talking about it but it doesn't mean you need to.

Sorry if any of this came out the wrong way...
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do get where you are coming from
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I doubt you ever supported them. This thread just screams pettiness to me and nothing else. The other boys did nothing wrong.

And no, I don't agree with Jackson's political views nor he is my bias, but still. :worry:
I have the just right album not been super hyped since then
and at the end of the day if jackson allowed speak out so are they so why havent they said they disagree
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have the just right album not been super hyped since then
and at the end of the day if jackson allowed speak out so are they so why havent they said they disagree
I doubt company would let them, after whole Tzuyu thing not only JYP but kpop as whole faced China's wrath so I doubt anybody wants to cause issues with the country. I haven't rly seen any idol supporting HK vocally in any group. In general idols try to keep quiet about controversial stuff. That doesn't mean they agree with Jackson.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I doubt company would let them, after whole Tzuyu thing not only JYP but kpop as whole faced China's wrath so I doubt anybody wants to cause issues with the country. I haven't rly seen any idol supporting HK vocally in any group. In general idols try to keep quiet about controversial stuff. That doesn't mean they agree with Jackson.
Cause how strong i am with supporting hong kong i can support anything he is invoked with right now
If they have a comeback without him i will support that but i cant support someone who is supporting risking people lives for there own selfish gain
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Dropping the whole group seems a little extreme but it's your decision. Personally I never stanned or liked GOT7 in the first place, although I do kinda like JB so dropping Jackson makes no difference to me.

I do stan EXO and Lay is there, but he's barely involved in their comebacks now, plus I do wanna still support the other members so.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Do u also not support Lay Fei Victoria and all the other chinese idols???
As i said already i dont care what born mainland chinese people say as it will risk there entire familys lives if they go against china -.-
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
well clearly you no nothing about what actually is going on
do your research on what is actually going on
and how people go missing in china -.-
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I can’t say that I would unstan a group for something like this but I understand your point and in the end it’s your decision.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
well clearly you no nothing about what actually is going on
do your research on what is actually going on
and how people go missing in china -.-
I think u need to chill and think it through... they are idols if they don't say that people Will question them and they will go through a lot of shit and will no longer be able to make money.... JACKSON is also an idol he wants to make money too... For u to make excuses for the other Chinese idols but canceling Jackson is kinda of ridiculous(no offense) ... I am pretty sure Jackson don't want people to go missing... 😂 👌
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread